07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
My tracker finally updated on 29 August to "Scheduled for Citizenship Oath" (on 12 September; but no email invitation yet so I don't know whether online or in person).

So that was 4 months almost to the day after my initial ceremony was scheduled.

EDIT: I received my Notice to Appear on 1 September 2023. Video Ceremony (out of Winnipeg).
And today I took my oath of citizenship. So my citizenship journey has completed finally. Thanks to everyone who shared useful information here which helped me in getting my application done.

Now, to get a passport urgently as I am travelling on 26 September! The IRCC clerk asked me more than once was I sure I wanted to go ahead with my oath today as I could postpone. Given that I didn't get an oath date for 4 months after my first postponement because of travel, I simply wasn't prepared to wait any longer. Because there's no certainty about when a postponed oath can be made, and I travel a lot, I could have easily found myself in the same situation in another 4 months' time.

So I shall be lining up at the passport office at the crack of dawn as soon as my electronic citizenship certificate arrives!

Reactions: becca545

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
And today I took my oath of citizenship. So my citizenship journey has completed finally. Thanks to everyone who shared useful information here which helped me in getting my application done.

Now, to get a passport urgently as I am travelling on 26 September! The IRCC clerk asked me more than once was I sure I wanted to go ahead with my oath today as I could postpone. Given that I didn't get an oath date for 4 months after my first postponement because of travel, I simply wasn't prepared to wait any longer. Because there's no certainty about when a postponed oath can be made, and I travel a lot, I could have easily found myself in the same situation in another 4 months' time.

So I shall be lining up at the passport office at the crack of dawn as soon as my electronic citizenship certificate arrives!
You will definitely get your passport in time. My husband ordered regular processing and he got his in 4 business days. So if you do the urgent one, you'll definitely get it faster! Congrats! :)

Reactions: MelVan

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Received oath invitation. Not updated on tracker yet. Application filed, July 24, 2022

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
You will definitely get your passport in time. My husband ordered regular processing and he got his in 4 business days. So if you do the urgent one, you'll definitely get it faster! Congrats! :)
did your husband get it through mail or pickup?

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
Well, not quite the crack of dawn, but I arrived at the Sinclair Centre in downtown Vancouver at about 8.10am this morning, and was 40th in line for the 8.30am office opening. My passport application was was checked, I paid the fee for urgent processing and I was finished by 9.15am. The clerk said my passport would be available for collection next Thursday.

One interesting if slightly alarming data point from the processing clerk was he said, when he saw that my oath was made on 12 September, that "sometimes the system doesn't update so quickly" and if my citizenship isn't showing on his system yet I'd have to wait a couple of days before lodging my passport application. Fortunately "the system" had updated for me.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Well, not quite the crack of dawn, but I arrived at the Sinclair Centre in downtown Vancouver at about 8.10am this morning, and was 40th in line for the 8.30am office opening. My passport application was was checked, I paid the fee for urgent processing and I was finished by 9.15am. The clerk said my passport would be available for collection next Thursday.

One interesting if slightly alarming data point from the processing clerk was he said, when he saw that my oath was made on 12 September, that "sometimes the system doesn't update so quickly" and if my citizenship isn't showing on his system yet I'd have to wait a couple of days before lodging my passport application. Fortunately "the system" had updated for me.
Did they ask for proof of travel for urgent processing?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
They didn't have to ask - I had included a copy of my ticket with my application which they looked at and returned to me. The clerk didn't say anything other than "so you're travelling on 26 September".
One more question, so it's possible to submit the application at passport office and receive the passport through mail at home?

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022
One more question, so it's possible to submit the application at passport office and receive the passport through mail at home?
I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that.

The only data point I have is that a friend who did a postal application had to sign for delivery of the passport when it arrived.

Reactions: sam3218

MelVan

Star Member
Aug 2, 2022

I collected my passport on 21 September - all ready as promised. I updated my Nexus membership on the Canadian side last Friday, and drove to Blaine today to update on the US side. So all done - Canadian now and all set!

Sandra84

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Canada
My oath ceremony held yesterday, e-certificate option confirmed. I received the email for the e-certificate this morning and I was able to download it quickly. Thanks everyone for all your help! My full timeline is in my signature. Praying all your applications are processed quickly! It's such a relief to finally be done with the process

fernjo1234

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hello Everyone
After 15 months my application is finally complete
AOR July 11th 2022
Citizenship Test complete : March 2nd 2023
Language and Physical presence complete : May 5th 2023
Background Verification complete : July 19th 2023
Prohibitions complete: October 7th
In person Oath Ceremony : October 20th 2023
Got my citizenship certificate at the oath ceremony itself