+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2021 AOR

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
Also I see my biometrics number changed. I submitted biometrics for study visa does that mean it got taken from there?
yes your current biometrics is still valid and you do not need to give another. I am not sure about what was done about your medicals though. Are you in Canada as a student or outside canada though?

iamawac99

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
yes your current biometrics is still valid and you do not need to give another. I am not sure about what was done about your medicals though. Are you in Canada as a student or outside canada though?
I am outside Canada. My study visa was refused. But I got pnp. I used the medicals for student visa. It was valid for 4 months. Expired on 2nd nov. But it says now. “19th November you passed medical exam”

Reactions: Mikefemise

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
I am outside Canada. My study visa was refused. But I got pnp. I used the medicals for student visa. It was valid for 4 months. Expired on 2nd nov. But it says now. “19th November you passed medical exam”
wow, you are very lucky, it seems like they extend your medicals. That’s great.

kool_d

Star Member
Nov 11, 2021
I think you should have submitted upfront medical with your application. Maybe also depends on the type of application.
While submitting the application, the ircc website was showing "wait till you get the medical request". And even the hospital refused citing the same. Most probably, It was to avoid the chances of re-medical, in case, it expired before the application got finalized. God knows when they will send the medical request now?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

still says -
If you and your dependants are outside of Canada
Don’t get your medical exam as soon as you get your invitation to apply.

We will send you a form telling you when and how to get a medical exam.

When you apply online, you must submit a letter of explanation in your document checklist instead of your immigration medical exam (IME). In the letter, you must indicate that the primary applicant or the accompanying dependants of the primary applicant are outside Canada.

If you have undergone a medical exam as part of an application in another category and/or if you have completed an IME in the 12 months before you apply, you can submit a copy of the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form in your application.

An IRCC officer may still require a new IME.

Last edited:

Mikefemise

Star Member
Jul 18, 2021
While submitting the application, the ircc website was showing "wait till you get the medical request". And even the hospital refused citing the same. Most probably, It was to avoid the chances of re-medical, in case, it expired before the application got finalized. God knows when they will send the medical request now?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/medical-exams.html

still says -
If you and your dependants are outside of Canada
Don’t get your medical exam as soon as you get your invitation to apply.

We will send you a form telling you when and how to get a medical exam.

When you apply online, you must submit a letter of explanation in your document checklist instead of your immigration medical exam (IME). In the letter, you must indicate that the primary applicant or the accompanying dependants of the primary applicant are outside Canada.

If you have undergone a medical exam as part of an application in another category and/or if you have completed an IME in the 12 months before you apply, you can submit a copy of the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form in your application.

An IRCC officer may still require a new IME.
its fine, you can either wait for them to request it or do upfront medicals and send to them. If I were you I will do the upfront medicals now and forward it to them via webform to avoid unnecessary delay.

salesforcecanada

Star Member
May 10, 2021
I have received medical update but no BIL yet. AOR 3 July 2021. I went to Canada in 2017 with work visa. Are my existing BIL still valid. I dont see IRCC updated the old ones on my profile. What should I do?

hdcanada_10

Star Member
Aug 4, 2020
I have received medical update but no BIL yet. AOR 3 July 2021. I went to Canada in 2017 with work visa. Are my existing BIL still valid. I dont see IRCC updated the old ones on my profile. What should I do?
If you gave biometrics in last 10 years, then you won't have to give it again. If you did, that'll reflect in your account in some time.

iamawac99

Star Member
Nov 16, 2021
I had biometrics updated along with medicals. Same time. I also gave biometrics before. The date of my early biometrics got reflected along with meds. Saved me a month I guess to get date off biometrics.

salesforcecanada

Star Member
May 10, 2021
I had biometrics updated along with medicals. Same time. I also gave biometrics before. The date of my early biometrics got reflected along with meds. Saved me a month I guess to get date off biometrics.
Thanks. Not sure why IRCC did not do for me. When did you gave your biometrics?