+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2020 - Citizenship application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey, fellow July applicants. I am a Nov, 2020 applicant, AOR Jan 28, 2021, who has recently got his test invite. The test is passed, however IRCC claims that this is not a final result, until the test video is assessed.

My question is: Have any of the July applicants received their final test results and the Oath invite?

My concern is that some replies I have seen suggest that July and Aug applicants are getting their test invitations only now, which means that most 2020 applicants will be getting their citizenship at least in early 2022.....
When your test is validated, you'll see the "Citizenship Test" status on the New Citizenship status Dashboard set to "Completed".

After this, you might get an interview invitation. If you don't get an interview invitation, then the next update on your application will be "Decision Made" on ECAS and "Prohibitions", "Language" and "Physical Presence" will be set to "Completed" on the new dashboard, concurrently.

Given the backlog with oath ceremonies, it is safe to assume it'll take 3 - 5 months from the test (or the interview date, if you get one) to oath.

You can check the spreadsheet. According to it, only one minor applicant has received oath from July. Currently, I've seen some Jan to March (and at least one April) 2020 applicants receive their oath invitations.

Good luck.

Last edited:

clayera

Star Member
Jan 8, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
EE Inland
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-22-2017
LANDED..........
05/2018
Hello all,

I just checked today and my tracker shows "test completed" as of June 12. Everything else still "in progress". Thanks!

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
When your test is validated, you'll see the "Citizenship Test" status on the New Citizenship status Dashboard set to "Completed".

After this, you might get an interview invitation. If you don't get an interview invitation, then the next update on your application will be "Decision Made" on ECAS and "Prohibitions", "Language" and "Physical Presence" will be set to "Completed" on the new dashboard, concurrently.

Given the backlog with oath ceremonies, it is safe to assume it'll take 3 - 5 months from the test (or the interview date, if you get one) to oath.

You can check the spreadsheet. According to it, only one minor applicant has received oath from July. Currently, I've seen some Jan to March (and at least one April) 2020 applicants receive their oath invitations.

Good luck.
rajkamalmohanram
Buddy whats the note did Bestofluck got from you. Thanks
Pls share buddy

Radium

Apr 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 28. 2015
Med's Done....
August 18, 2014
Received an email from IRCC an hour ago with subject line “Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application”

Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker

I was so excited finally getting an email from IRCC, and I was still half asleep while reading it and thought it’s for the online test LOL

im2kool

Star Member
Dec 29, 2020
Received an email from IRCC an hour ago with subject line “Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application”

Follow the progress of your citizenship grant application with the Citizenship Application Tracker

I was so excited finally getting an email from IRCC, and I was still half asleep while reading it and thought it’s for the online test LOL
Sweet reminder that they have not forgotten us.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Test mail : 05/26/21
Test Given : 06/13/21

Dear Applicant,

Congratulations!
You passed the test.

Your score was 20 out of 20
To pass the test, you need to answer at least 15 out of 20 questions correctly

please update

Thanks@rajkamalmohanram for your notes

Citizenship test status updated to completed 06/15/21
(within 24 hours)
Also recd the standard mail

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

I received the same email today :rolleyes:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I received the same email today :rolleyes:
Full fledged marketing i guess. they will now introduce some advertisements too to mint money out of desperate immigrants waiting for citizenship.
Canada is also joining hands with US make people wait i guess ;)