+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the clarification. I have called it the stupidest thing cause I am on the no-fly list and can't check in Online. Hope you understand how frustrating that is when you are on no-fly list just for a set of names that was not given by yourself!!
I understand your plight and I'm sorry you have to go through this. This sucks. But this is the world that we live in, the mistakes of a few affect many and that is what is happening here.

Again, I only want the best for you - Hope the red flags are cleared soon and you get your test invite/oath at the earliest.

I wish you all the very best.

robteix

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Has anyone who had their tests cancelled due to COVID been invited to online tests yet? I've only seen people who had never been invited before being called now. We had our tests cancelled less than a week before the date back in April of last year... so close!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Has anyone who had their tests cancelled due to COVID been invited to online tests yet? I've only seen people who had never been invited before being called now. We had our tests cancelled less than a week before the date back in April of last year... so close!

Yeah! If you read through the thread, you'd see quite a number of people who had their tests cancelled due to Covid have re-written it online in the past weeks and months. I am one of such.

Reactions: robteix

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
New update on me, took the oath this morning. So, I’m officially a Canadian. :)
Next up, is the passport.

Oh, since I was asked about this, you can have people watching your ceremony. They mention it when they address everyone. However, you cannot record it. So, don’t plan on doing that.

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Oh, since I was asked about this, you can have people watching your ceremony. They mention it when they address everyone. However, you cannot record it. So, don’t plan on doing that.

Yay, congratulations to the newest Canadian! What a great way to end January.

Reactions: AshesNdust

ahmed29s

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Still some people will argue CIC is being fair in their prioritizing the application! One of my friends in Thunder Bay, applied first week of July 2019, never heard about the in-person test and suddenly was invited for online test on November 27, 2020! Though, he was in abroad for a while and couldn't do it in their time-frame, therefore, requested for rescheduling the test. Sorry to hear your story.

Cunctator Learner

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019

Many congratulations :)))

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015

Congratulations! All the very best!

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016

Did you get to see everyone else on the Zoom call? If yes, how many people were in your group?

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Did you get to see everyone else on the Zoom call? If yes, how many people were in your group?
Yes, you get see everyone at certain points. Looked like there were about 18 other windows opened and some had multiple people in them. I know when I first logged in there was a trio of family members all getting their citizenship. So, they probably had somewhere between 20-25 people taking their oath.

I have to say that the process was very smooth and efficient. It was well done in my opinion. It went better than I thought it would.

van1616

Jul 23, 2019

Congratulation!!

AM15

Dec 11, 2020

Finally done with the long journey, so happy to hear that. Congratulations.......

Last edited: