Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
At least someone has looked into the file. July 19th applicant here and no word since file transfer to Colombo. Not a request...nothing. Background check hasn't started either.
Desperate times man! Not sure what to say or do...…Looks like we are in for a ride

Reactions: s_n _10

Has_You

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
I bet on the LEAVE part :( , they requested additional marriage photos in March which we did send next day. Our BGC didn't even start yet!
Stay positive guys. I had lost hope but everything happened within 3 days. I am sure that we will get awesome news.

Reactions: Radipol

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
I hope we all see an end to this nightmare. It's difficult staying positive on days...it doesn't make sense in what order they process files. My cousin sponsored her husband in October and he got his PPR. Here I am waiting and pregnant with no update since the file transfer. Even GCMS notes suggest no one has reviewed file yet making it all more depressing. But i hope its soon for all of us.

Reactions: gimo98

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
I hope we all see an end to this nightmare. It's difficult staying positive on days...it doesn't make sense in what order they process files. My cousin sponsored her husband in October and he got his PPR. Here I am waiting and pregnant with no update since the file transfer. Even GCMS notes suggest no one has reviewed file yet making it all more depressing. But i hope its soon for all of us.
I like the way you put it "...this nightmare" and it is true that this process is frustrating, depressing, and at times difficult to be positve especially when you are going trough that long silent waiting period and nothing moving. However, at the end is worth all the pain, because we are given the possibility to start a new life with our loved ones and take advantage of all the opportunities that Canada has to offer.

MY TIMELINE
QUEBEC Outland Spousal Sponsorship

Sponsor Lives: Quebec
Applicant Lives: Guatemala
Application Received by CIC: December 22, 2018
Acknowledgment Letter (AOR): February 18, 2019
Medical Examination Requested: February 24, 2019
Sponsorship Approval (SA): February 28, 2019
Medical Exam Passed: March 05, 2019

Reactions: gimo98

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
I like the way you put it "...this nightmare" and it is true that this process is frustrating, depressing, and at times difficult to be positve especially when you are going trough that long silent waiting period and nothing moving. However, at the end is worth all the pain, because we are given the possibility to start a new life with our loved ones and take advantage of all the opportunities that Canada has to offer.

MY TIMELINE

Nightmare will be understatement, to be more serious looking at this from my own perspective this is the most useless immigration department In today civilized societies, even their automatic phone service is not working for the past 3 weeks no one dice it , and the minister keep calling for more immigration to come over to Canada when they don’t even have the capacity to handle the application they have at hand .. July 6th my timeline 9 days left nothing like Pre-Arival , everything is just quiet like immigration department is on holiday..

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Nightmare will be understatement, to be more serious looking at this from my own perspective this is the most useless immigration department In today civilized societies, even their automatic phone service is not working for the past 3 weeks no one dice it , and the minister keep calling for more immigration to come over to Canada when they don’t even have the capacity to handle the application they have at hand .. July 6th my timeline 9 days left nothing like Pre-Arival , everything is just quiet like immigration department is on holiday..[/QUOTE

Yeah this is painful. We all are hanging on someone else's mercy to start our lives. Imagine that. So much for living in a free world with free will.

AmaarAmad

Jun 28, 2018
Hi all,

Early July 2018 applicant
LVO
Prearrival 1st week of April

Silence since,

Any july 2018 applicant still waiting after Prearrival for PPR?

tango47

Star Member
Feb 2, 2018
After reading extensively through these forums, it's clear that there's no logic or sense in the manner that IRCC operates. Some sponsors, who themselves have only recently obtained their PR, have their family class applications approved in fewer than 8 months. Other applications , that are complete and straightforward, get stuck in an interminable queue . It seems that some of it has to do with the VO. Mexico City, for example, is in permanent MANHANA mode.

Reactions: s_n _10

umairz

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2011
AOR Received.
19-10-2011
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
19-10-2011
Med's Done....
27-10-2011
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-2011
LANDED..........
07-01-2012
Hi all,

Early July 2018 applicant
LVO
Prearrival 1st week of April

Silence since,

Any july 2018 applicant still waiting after Prearrival for PPR?

Most of us are waiting without even pre-arrival. The fact you have the pre-arrival you should be laughing right now....

Jotsran

Nov 28, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
nvdo
App. Filed.......
13-07-2018
AOR Received.
05-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Med's Request
06-11-2018
Med's Done....
12-11-2018
Most of us are waiting without even pre-arrival. The fact you have the pre-arrival you should be laughing right now....
True, still waiting for even pre-arrivals :D

Reactions: AmaarAmad

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
That’s right, most of us still waiting for pre arrivals.

For me the last contact was in January when my BCG started and only 19 days to get the 12 month mark.
Likewise me still waiting for pre arrivals, 8 days left to get the 12 month mark ..the experience with this officer is just another horror movie ..

I don’t really need their pre arrivals anymore is of no use after waiting so long , all we need Is PPR, let them keep their pre arrivals

Reactions: AmaarAmad

Kera18

Star Member
Jun 10, 2019
Agreed. It's simply depressing to do your best as a Citizen...pay taxes and not abuse the system and get stuck like this when trying to establish own life.
As tango47 puts it, that sponsors who have just got their PR, have their sponsorships fasttrack and many of us who are Canadian Citizens takes so long. Only IRCC knows the way they work, for what it seems that they don't operate on a well structured procedure...

"After reading extensively through these forums, it's clear that there's no logic or sense in the manner that IRCC operates. Some sponsors, who themselves have only recently obtained their PR, have their family class applications approved in fewer than 8 months. Other applications , that are complete and straightforward, get stuck in an interminable queue . It seems that some of it has to do with the VO. Mexico City, for example, is in permanent MANHANA mode." (Quote from tango47)

MY TIMELINE

Overseas Office: VO Mexico