+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
Next step Is PPR... can you please share your timeline.
it's in my signature :)

Is PPR a hard copy that is mailed to you or is that a digital letter like the rest? And how long after they request your passport will COPR arrive (I'm assuming that one is a hard copy mailed too)?

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
it's in my signature :)

Is PPR a hard copy that is mailed to you or is that a digital letter like the rest? And how long after they request your passport will COPR arrive (I'm assuming that one is a hard copy mailed too)?
Its a letter emailed to the PA. What country is your PA from? Depends on the processing VO when your COPR arrives.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Anyone here sent their passport through the VFS in Santiago, Chile? My wife took it there on Wednesday and so far she hasn’t received any email confirming the processing of the passport, is that normal ?
Mexico gave us 15 days to send the passport that’s why we are worried

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Anyone here sent their passport through the VFS in Santiago, Chile? My wife took it there on Wednesday and so far she hasn’t received any email confirming the processing of the passport, is that normal ?
Mexico gave us 15 days to send the passport that’s why we are worried
Did the VFS not provide you with a tracking number when you submitted your passport (Its usually on the invoice cum receipt). Use that to check the status of the passport.

oedama

Nov 5, 2018
Hi everyone,
I want share my timeline
Good luck everyone

Application Received July 12, 2018

AOR1 (App. Process started) Nov 1, 2018

Medical Request Nov 6, 2018

Medical Past Nov 12, 2018

Sponsor approved Nov 9, 2018

File transferred to Ankara Dec 24, 2018

File processing started Jan 10, 2019

BGC started Feb 27, 2019

Pre-Arrival Feb 27, 2019

Polis Clereance Request Feb 27, 2019

Polis Clearance Submitted Mar 29, 2019

Decision Made May 29, 2019

PPR May 31, 2019

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Did the VFS not provide you with a tracking number when you submitted your passport (Its usually on the invoice cum receipt). Use that to check the status of the passport.
Hello thanks for replying, they didn’t give her that paper because the guy that processes Canadian requests wasn’t there so another guy called him and they checked the paperwork through the phone and since everything was ok they accepted the documents (the guy that wasn’t there said he would process it once he gets back), but my wife didn’t get a receipt or anything like that

Krissh2179

Nov 20, 2018
App. Filed.......
14-02-2019
Hello thanks for replying, they didn’t give her that paper because the guy that processes Canadian requests wasn’t there so another guy called him and they checked the paperwork through the phone and since everything was ok they accepted the documents (the guy that wasn’t there said he would process it once he gets back), but my wife didn’t get a receipt or anything like that
Its quite unprofessional of them then. I would ask you to call up VFS helpline but without the passport tracking number (on the receipt) even they won’t be able to help you.

Radipol

Star Member
Oct 4, 2018
Hi there,

We are July 19th applicants. Is it normal for it to be almost 12 months and for background check to not have started? No updates since the medical in December. File has been processing since November at Colombo visa office according to ECAS.

We are expecting our first child and no response has made the wait quite difficult. GCMS notes indicated no officer has made any comments on the file after Sydney so not sure what is going on.

Anyone else in same boat?

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Hi there,

We are July 19th applicants. Is it normal for it to be almost 12 months and for background check to not have started? No updates since the medical in December. File has been processing since November at Colombo visa office according to ECAS.

We are expecting our first child and no response has made the wait quite difficult. GCMS notes indicated no officer has made any comments on the file after Sydney so not sure what is going on.

Anyone else in same boat?
The same situation, July 6th ... there will be another system maintenance Tuesday 18, 2:30 AM to 5:30 AM Eastern time . Let us cross our fingers for positive news for the new update.

gimo98

Oct 7, 2018
Hello Everyone, I just got update on my Aplication, an email from my VO Pretoria South Africa, Because I was told resubmit my medical results and I did . This is the email I received..

We received the documents. Your application is now with the Officer for final decision.

That was the latest update, I hope to hear good news soon . My timeline is 6th July.

Reactions: s_n _10

s_n _10

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hello Everyone, I just got update on my Aplication, an email from my VO Pretoria South Africa, Because I was told resubmit my medical results and I did . This is the email I received..

We received the documents. Your application is now with the Officer for final decision.

That was the latest update, I hope to hear good news soon . My timeline is 6th July.
oh that's a positive news, all the best to you!

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
A simple question how do you know if background check has or has not started?
We never found out it started (i.e. never got an email indicating this), we just got pre-arrival one day and I went to check GcKey it said "we are processing your background check"
The following day after getting pre-arrival, it showed decision made and 6 days later we got PPR, it's not the same for everyone so don't take my timeline as an example for ALL cases, every case is different, some people get pre-arrival and PPR within 2 days, some within weeks, months, but in short to answer your question, GCKey should indicate: we are processing your background check