+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
**HELP** Any one here sponsoring pregnant wife and have completed their medical request??

My pregnant wife went for medical appointment, and was told to do the abdominal x-ray exam.
We kinda heard that x-ray would be risky for unborn babies, in one way or another. Medical office told us they would not be responsible for any side affects to the unborn babies.

Is anyone in the same situation?

When IRCC came up with this x-ray requirement, did they take pregnancy into consideration?
I think its dangerous only in the first few months, but this is a questions to ask your doctor!! not the forum.
Anyway if its not safe you might have to delay the process until the birth of your kid. i dont know how to do that, better call and ask CIC or the Singapore VO. I think then shell have to do the med again and add the kid to the app, and then the both of them will do landing together (this is important. The kid must!! be added to the app before landing or you wont be able to sponsor him/her).

wayneh2t

Sep 20, 2018
I think its dangerous only in the first few months, but this is a questions to ask your doctor!! not the forum.
Anyway if its not safe you might have to delay the process until the birth of your kid. i dont know how to do that, better call and ask CIC or the Singapore VO. I think then shell have to do the med again and add the kid to the app, and then the both of them will do landing together (this is important. The kid must!! be added to the app before landing or you wont be able to sponsor him/her).
Oh thank you, I appreciate your input there.

As for the kid, we were told by the local Canadian embassy that he would be Canadian by birth (as I am Canadian), therefore we would be able to apply for Citizenship certificate and a temporary passport to travel with his mom to Canada. I thought that was it.

Do i still need to add him to the sponsorship application???

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018

As for the kid, we were told by the local Canadian embassy that he would be Canadian by birth (as I am Canadian), therefore we would be able to apply for Citizenship certificate and a temporary passport to travel with his mom to Canada. I thought that was it.

Oh in this case you dont need to sponsor him (make sure he is a citizen i guess). I dont know if you have to add him or not. good question.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018

Xrays pose a risk throughout the WHOLE pregnancy. Often people defer until the baby is born to do the xeay as the radiation can cause some severe side effects.

The child ONCE BORN if PR jsnt approved yet still has to be added to the application. If child is born in canada there is no need to apply for citizenship and passport however if not, the application for citizenship and passport will need to be made.

If the baby is born in canada, if provincial healthcare hasnt kicked in yet (ontario for example has a 3 month waiting period) be sure you are prepared to pay for the birth which can be upwards of 10000

cbliss

Aug 28, 2018
We've just had an email saying our file has been transferred to London. Ive heard rumours that London is the slowest . . . anyone else here in the same boat and been transferred to London???

Thanks!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
We've just had an email saying our file has been transferred to London. Ive heard rumours that London is the slowest . . . anyone else here in the same boat and been transferred to London???

Thanks!
Yes, LVO is one of the slowest offices as it processes files from many countries. Expect 9-11 months total processing time, ours was 10.5-11.

xyvexbalti

Jul 5, 2015
Hi, my file is also transferred to London VO. Does that 9-11 months time includes the time when the application is submitted or is it just the time file is in LDVO.

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Hi, my file is also transferred to London VO. Does that 9-11 months time includes the time when the application is submitted or is it just the time file is in LDVO.
From the time it was submitted

majdabuafifeh

May 27, 2018
Yes totally fine. These days there is nothing certain. Did you ask your lawyer if he has received correspondence i mean AOR1? if not please ask your lawyer to call them.
Hi all

I have received the AOR today after I requested from my lawyyto communcate them and theyconfirmed that they have received the application on same date that i mentioned and after some hours they recieved the AOR:)

So what is the estimated period now for next step!and what shall it be?

Shan_2425

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hi all

I have received the AOR today after I requested from my lawyyto communcate them and theyconfirmed that they have received the application on same date that i mentioned and after some hours they recieved the AOR:)

So what is the estimated period now for next step!and what shall it be?

Hello,

May i know your application receive date and what was the mode of communication with CIC?

Thanks in advance

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
I have a question.

If the sponsor travels for about 4-5 months outside of Canada during the process of the sponsorship application, would that be a problem?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
I have a question.

If the sponsor travels for about 4-5 months outside of Canada during the process of the sponsorship application, would that be a problem?
They don't recommend it for a PR sponsor but if sponsor is a Citizen here he can go for a year

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
They don't recommend it for a PR sponsor but if sponsor is a Citizen here he can go for a year
My PR friend is sponsoring his wife and he lived for about 5 months in his wife’s country during the process, would that affect his application or cause him any trouble having done??. He didn’t know that he couldn’t be outside during the process, but he came back to Canada as soon as he found out. Please your advice?

singleman

VIP Member
Jul 28, 2018
App. Filed.......
00-05-2020
File Transfer...
00-00-2021
My PR friend is sponsoring his wife and he lived for about 5 months in his wife’s country during the process, would that affect his application or cause him any trouble having done??. He didn’t know that he couldn’t be outside during the process, but he came back to Canada as soon as he found out. Please your advice?
NOT recommended. Less than a months stay would be OK otherwise they check via agencies and will ask Qs later

Lanak

Dec 26, 2018
Hello everyone

I’m wondering if any of you could please help me. I’m a Canadian citizen sponsoring my husband from Georgia. We have sent in the package on July 3rd. It has been sent to Ankara about 2 months ago and so far no news except that they did start processing the application. My husband did pass his medical exam as well. Wil very much appreciate any and all of your responses as to what happens next. Thanks a lot and good luck to all of you