+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****JULY 2018***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
If you are planning to submit your application in July, please have in mind that you need to use the new application form released by IRCC and also all new applications must be sent to Sydney in Nova Scotia.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
If you are planning to submit your application in July, please have in mind that you need to use the new application form released by IRCC and also all new applications must be sent to Sydney in Nova Scotia.
yes, i will do so. the checklist has different address and the IMM form has two new fields as per the latest update.

Reactions: revenant

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
I am my spouse's sponsor and representative. I have two questions:

1. Do I have to sign in both spaces (space for representative (I know I have to sign this) and space for spouse at the end of the form) on the use of representative form IMM 5476?

2. As her representative (unpaid) can I link her application to my account? The information on IRCC's website is confusing in this regard:

"Do not attempt to link your application to your personal online account if you have appointed a representative. If you have appointed a representative and attempt to link your application to your own online account, you will have to cancel your representative before you can link.

If you have an authorized paid representative, they can link your application to their own online account instead.

Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received."

Please advise.

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
I am my spouse's sponsor and representative. I have two questions:

1. Do I have to sign in both spaces (space for representative (I know I have to sign this) and space for spouse at the end of the form) on the use of representative form IMM 5476?

2. As her representative (unpaid) can I link her application to my account? The information on IRCC's website is confusing in this regard:

"Do not attempt to link your application to your personal online account if you have appointed a representative. If you have appointed a representative and attempt to link your application to your own online account, you will have to cancel your representative before you can link.

If you have an authorized paid representative, they can link your application to their own online account instead.

Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received."

Please advise.

Hi there,
As far as I know, you need to sign them both.

As for linking the application, I also read IRCC's website and discovered the same thing. I have seen unpaid representatives not being able to link their applications.

Is it necessary to be an unpaid representative? If you make sure that you will receive all the correspondence via email, why choosing to be an unpaid representative? Plus by not being a representative, you could easily link the application.

Word of advice, if you decide to remain as a representative, do not attempt to link the application. Constantly monitor your email and ECAS. Make sure that your email account is backed up so in case that you loose the access to the email, you could recover your email address.

''Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received."

Please also, research a bit more, don't just count on what I said.

Also, remember that you use the up to date application form that was released by IRCC in June 2018, and send the application to Sydney Nova Scotia not Mississauga.

Sorry I could not help more!

Good luck with your application.

Last edited:

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hi there,
As far as I know, you need to sign them both.

As for linking the application, I also read IRCC's website and discovered the same thing. I have seen unpaid representatives not being able to link their applications.

Is it necessary to be an unpaid representative? If you make sure that you will receive all the correspondence via email, why choosing to be an unpaid representative? Plus by not being a representative, you could easily link the application.

Word of advice, is you decide to remain as a representative, do not attempt to link the application. Constantly monitor your email and ECAS. Make sure that your email account is backed up so in case that you loose the access to the email, you could recover your email address.

''Unpaid representatives cannot use online accounts. If you have an unpaid representative, you should remind them to regularly monitor their e-mail and mail to ensure correspondence is received."

Please also, research a bit more, don't just count on what I said.

Also, remember that you use the up to date application form that was released by IRCC in June 2018, and send the application to Sydney Nova Scotia not Mississauga.

Sorry I could not help more!

Good luck with your application.
Thank you so much. I'll note every thing you've said. Thank you

ssaeed78

Jul 2, 2018
I m June 10 , 2017 out land applicant , Canadian citizen sponsoring my wife , app is in London Visa Office.

* I got letter from London office on May 22, 2018 for the additional documents to be provided. Process is there in FINAL DECISION state. The response to the letter has been sent and docs uploaded on June 10, 2018.

*On June 28 an identical letter was sent to me to respond " similar to the previous one" only with the date change.. i am worried... whats that same letter twice also we had responded to the letter of May 22, 2018 already.

Kindly let me know I am worried and don't know what to do in this situation, even the second comes with no space to download and doc..i am considering a mistake or an error???

Can any one know whats happening??

Best Regards,,
Sal, Mississauga. On

revenant

Dec 21, 2017
I applied in may 2018 and my file got returned what are the new forms are their any new updates in any form
Look on IRCC’s website for the application forms that was released in June 2018.

Remember that you need to send the application to Sydney, Nova Scotia.

Why was your application returned?