+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July 2017 Citizenship applicants

casper247

Mar 30, 2013
I am mailing my application on Jul 12 2017. Quick question: I am filling out my Citizenship Application and for question 9F it says only to be completed by applicants using LINC. i am using my degree from Dalhousie University. since the question is not applicable to me, Do i select NO or leave it blank? thoughts?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am mailing my application on Jul 12 2017. Quick question: I am filling out my Citizenship Application and for question 9F it says only to be completed by applicants using LINC. i am using my degree from Dalhousie University. since the question is not applicable to me, Do i select NO or leave it blank? thoughts?
You can leave it blank. It says it in the guide:

"This section is to be completed ONLY if you successfully completed LINC/CLIC language training program at CLB/NCLC 4 from January 2008-October 2012 and you have no certificate available."

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E5

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Hello Guyz !!!!!

Hope all is well.

I want to add myself to your boat, as i mailed my application dated July 6, 2017 with 1464 from Toronto and expected date of delivery is July 12, 2017 in Sydney,NS.
About myself, I am in Canada since 2007 and was eligible in 2015 for application for citizenship but with 2 days difference i missed due to B-24 ;(
I felt B-6 as salt on my raw wounds ;(

Now lets see when we get there!!!

Last edited:

David_Parker

Star Member
Mar 29, 2015
Anyone expert in excel in our forum .........lets make excel with following info:

Date on Application Application received .............so on.............i don,t know steps

Experts please advise me . If there is any sheet already , please add me

Last edited:

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
Hello Guyz !!!!!

Hope all is well.

I want to add myself to your boat, as i mailed my application dated July 6, 2017 with 1464 from Toronto and expected date of delivery is July 12, 2017 in Sydney,NS.
About myself, I am in Canada since 2007 and was eligible in 2015 for application for citizenship but with 2 days difference i missed due to B-24 ;(
I felt B-6 as salt on my raw wounds ;(

Now lets see when we get there!!!
Your name and info has been added. Here's the link.

casper247

Mar 30, 2013
quick question. my middle name has an accent. i never included it on my PR application although i sent a copy of my birth certificate which shows the accent. should i include the accent on my application and send my birth certificate as the supporting document? thoughts?

Niette

Apr 2, 2015
I'm sending out my application next week , July 17 with 1465 days. From Vaughan (Toronto) (please add me to the spreadsheet).

I have a question re residency section : My home country does not let me renounce my residency (don't mix with citizenship) , they oblige me to pay taxes (mostly EI) and I can get all medical treatment and all benefits as a resident when visiting . But this is only for short visits , my main residency is in Canada , my house is here , family and work as well. What should I mention in residency section on their question what other residencies do I have besides Canadian? Should I mention my home country ? It will not lead to denial of my application or to additional scrutiny?

Thank you.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
yup you have to mention your residency status in other country.
Misrepresentation is a crime and you don't wanna start with IRCC with that.

Ghost13

Apr 30, 2017
Toronto
I'm sending out my application next week , July 17 with 1465 days. From Vaughan (Toronto) (please add me to the spreadsheet).

I have a question re residency section : My home country does not let me renounce my residency (don't mix with citizenship) , they oblige me to pay taxes (mostly EI) and I can get all medical treatment and all benefits as a resident when visiting . But this is only for short visits , my main residency is in Canada , my house is here , family and work as well. What should I mention in residency section on their question what other residencies do I have besides Canadian? Should I mention my home country ? It will not lead to denial of my application or to additional scrutiny?

Thank you.

You are not a resident in your home country, you are a citizen.

Your info has been added to the sheet.

Jul 4, 2017
Hello July 2017 Batch mates!

SORRY in advance if my questions were asked and answered previously, I just want to ensure I'm doing it right :)

I have a few questions as I am trying to fill-up my applications (please help)

1. We became PR on July 2013, we have 3 previous passports issued on Feb 2009, issued on March 2012 and issued on June 2016. Should I include March 2012 and June 2016 passport only since these are the passports when I became PR?
2. I have a diploma/certificates and transcripts available as a proof of language, would it be safe if I submit the certificate/diploma only and not the transcript?
3. Is the PR card acceptable piece of ID?

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Hello July 2017 Batch mates!

SORRY in advance if my questions were asked and answered previously, I just want to ensure I'm doing it right :)

I have a few questions as I am trying to fill-up my applications (please help)

1. We became PR on July 2013, we have 3 previous passports issued on Feb 2009, issued on March 2012 and issued on June 2016. Should I include March 2012 and June 2016 passport only since these are the passports when I became PR?
2. I have a diploma/certificates and transcripts available as a proof of language, would it be safe if I submit the certificate/diploma only and not the transcript?
3. Is the PR card acceptable piece of ID?
1. Yes..just include the passports since you became PR..they wouldn't care before that anyway..
2. I would suggest you to put in a copy of your transcript as well since I think they do specify that along with any diploma or certificate
3. We anyway do have to give a copy of the PR card..but I added my health card and driver's license as well. I think it says somewhere that you need to give 2 additional ID

await

May 2, 2010
Visa Office......
Colombo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2009
AOR Received.
07-04-2010
File Transfer...
26-02-2010
Med's Request
05-01-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
03-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2012
Hi guys,

I finally sent in my application today. Its been a long wait after missing out because of implementation of bill c-24. Anyways really hope that the flood gates of C6 this fall, wont delay our applications. Also thank you to all who helped with my questions related to the application.

Please add my details, time line is a follows,

Sent from: Oakville, ON via Purolator
Sent to: Sydney, Nova Scotia
Application type: Family (3)
Application Mailed - July 10, 2017
Days Completed - 1465 days

Reactions: CanadianSoonToBe