waved
Passport Req..
12/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
21/11/2012
LANDED..........
22 Feb 2013
Hi everyone!
Last day before holidays, I was sure that I would have to wait until new year, I finally received via email my oath invitation!!!
Bad news oath ceremony is in 35 days from today.
Very good news I don't have to worry anymore.

Wish you to have good news too asap!!!
Thanks again!

Admin you can update my info. Thanks.

Application sent: July 3rd 2017
Application delivered: July 6th 2017
Days completed : 1465
AOR: Aug 8th 2017
In Process: Aug 17th 2017
Application Type: Family
City: Vancouver, BC
Test Invite: Sep 27th 2017
Test date: Oct 18th 2017
Decision Made: Oct 19th 2017
Oath Inv: Dec 22 2017
Oath Date: Jan 26, 2018

PS: still no ECAS update, but who cares!!! ;P

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
For those who took applied for passeport:
1) Can you use passport of another country as proof of ID? My PR card and drivers license don't have the last 2 letters of my middle and I would like them to be included on my Canadian passport but the only piece of ID that has them is my old Passport.

2) If I read right the 2 references don't have to be Canadian and don't sign any of the docs?

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For those who took applied for passeport:
1) Can you use passport of another country as proof of ID? My PR card and drivers license don't have the last 2 letters of my middle and I would like them to be included on my Canadian passport but the only piece of ID that has them is my old Passport.

2) If I read right the 2 references don't have to be Canadian and don't sign any of the docs?
Yes to both. If you wonder as well if they call guarantor and references, they do. My guarantor got a call this morning (two days after I applied) and said the interview lasted less than a minute. They asked how he knows me and for how long.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Katayoon,
Please accept my congratulations in your new journey as a citizen, hope enjoy all those free admissions and discounts as well:D
Thank you very much kam47j! Your turn to celebrate is coming soon! Happy new year!

Reactions: kam47j

SeulDansMonBocal

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2015
AOR Received.
05-11-2015
File Transfer...
10-12-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-09-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-06-2016
LANDED..........
ETA: 29-07-2016
Yes to both. If you wonder as well if they call guarantor and references, they do. My guarantor got a call this morning (two days after I applied) and said the interview lasted less than a minute. They asked how he knows me and for how long.
Thanks.

Is it better to apply in person or by mail? I have a baby a don't want to stay too long in the passport office.

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.

Is it better to apply in person or by mail? I have a baby a don't want to stay too long in the passport office.
It is quicker in person (shorter processing time) and also fewer papers (you do not need copies of docs signed by guarantor because you will show originals). I spent 10 minutes at passport office all in all, including waiting time.

Reactions: SeulDansMonBocal

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
I applied for passport in person today - exactly two business days after oath, as required. The whole process including waiting in line took 10 minutes. They just examined and copied my original documents (they return you originals on the spot), went through my application line by line and took my credit card payment. The lady was very surprised that my guarantor signed in a different city - so I explained that I could not find any guarantor in Ottawa so I courriered my package to my guarantor in Calgary for signing and then got it back this morning. She said ok. She said passport should come in two weeks by registered mail.

I must say this guarantor thing is a big pain somewhere down there. The very few Canadians I know close enough to ask for such a favour either do not have passport or know me for less than 2 years or do not wish to disclose date of birth or are on a 1-month vacation etc.

And after passport I went to pick up my new citizen cultural pass - so I am looking forward to all those free admissions and discounts.:D
Congrats!!!! Finally all done..

Reactions: Katayoon

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats!!!! Finally all done..
Thank you my friend! I cannot have peace until I see my passport in hand - they said they reserve the right to request a new guarantor. However it is a big relief to be done with the citizenship part at least! Happy new year and thanks for all your support and comfort when I was sleepless over my late AOR :D That was the most painful wait of my life since I came here.

Reactions: elie72

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
Thank you my friend! I cannot have peace until I see my passport in hand - they said they reserve the right to request a new guarantor. However it is a big relief to be done with the citizenship part at least! Happy new year and thanks for all your support and comfort when I was sleepless over my late AOR :D That was the most painful wait of my life since I came here.
One of the documents required to apply for passport is "any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name" please advise what can we use for this?
We won't have the PR card so what can we use? Thanks in advance

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of the documents required to apply for passport is "any valid Canadian travel document issued in your name" please advise what can we use for this?
We won't have the PR card so what can we use? Thanks in advance
It is not PR card that they mean. They know we surrender these cards during the oath ceremony. They mean a temporary travel document like refugee travel document etc. It only applies to unique cases (to stateless people for example) so most probably you do not have any. So please ignore if it does not apply

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html

Last edited:

sam847

Star Member
Jan 2, 2017
It is not PR card that they mean. They know we surrender these cards during the oath ceremony. They mean a temporary travel document like refugee travel document etc. It only applies to unique cases (to stateless people for example) so most probably you do not have any. So please ignore if it does not apply

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-non-canadians/document-types.html
Thanks for your reply Katayoon. I do not have any document like that so I guess it's only applicable;e to people that have such a document. So I would guess you didn't have to show that either?