+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July - 2014 Applications

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
mahendraaaaa said:
I have a thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/share-your-landing-experience-here-t392343.0.html

But too bad, it is not a busy thread.. :p

Anyway, from my experience at Niagara Rainbow bridge, the officers on the US side are already familiar with our purpose of "landing". So, I think just tell them you wanna hang out a bit in the US, and come back to Canada to get your new status. I know a friend that already did that.
Thanks Man,

This is what exactly I am asking, so I have to tell them that my purpose of going there is to change my status. Appreciated

And for thread it already came in my mind yesterday that you have started one thread regarding "Landing Experience" so I was about to search this, but you have mention the link here. Thanks :)

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
tw said:
congrats, guys.... :)

i recently responded to an additional doc request on 22-Jan-16 and got a medical reassessment on 29-Jan-16..... do you guys think the reassessment request is subsequent to my response to the additional doc? or is it just by chance it happens to follow this order?

i am wondering when will I get to a PPR stage... already completed the medical reassessment on 1-Feb-16. thinking of raising a case specific enquiry online since i've exceeded 17mnths from AOR date.... thoughts?
They are just buying time, if you have done your medical re-assessment you are not too far from your PPR e-mail, I have also got request for additional doc on same date as you have got. Just wait till end of this month or one week more of next month you should get your e-mail for PPR.
As other user "Goalkb" said.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
does anyone know if cic sends a letter after medical to apply for open work permit.. if you current wp has been expired?

Maple-leaf

Feb 22, 2015
Do you mean a reminder for you? Not sure I understand your question correct.

But CiC doesn't send you anything.
You have to apply for a new workpermit before your old one expires.

cheers

mahendraaaaa

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
AOR Received.
05-09-2014
Med's Request
01-10-2015
Med's Done....
05-08-2015
Passport Req..
18-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
22-12-2015 (received 06-01-2016)
LANDED..........
10-01-2016 (received PR card 22-02-2016)
ushiee88 said:
does anyone know if cic sends a letter after medical to apply for open work permit.. if you current wp has been expired?
They don't send any emails to let you know if they have received the medical results. However, you can call the call centre to tell you if they have received it. You can use the AOR to request a new bridging open work permit.

ushiee88

Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahendraaaaa said:
They don't send any emails to let you know if they have received the medical results. However, you can call the call centre to tell you if they have received it. You can use the AOR to request a new bridging open work permit.
Cant bridge my work permit expired last year lol. I was ralking abt a new work permit?

tw

Star Member
Jul 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Jul-2014
AOR Received.
12-Sep-2014
Med's Request
19-Mar-2015
Med's Done....
21-Mar-2015 (RPRF Paid Upfront: 3-Apr-2015, Med's Reassessment Request: 29-Jan-2016, Med's Reassessment Done: 1-Feb-2016)
Passport Req..
19-Feb-2016 (Passport Sent to Delhi VFS: 22-Feb-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
26-Feb-2016
LANDED..........
18-May-2016
Got DM today.... :eek: 19+ months of waiting comes to an end! Hoping it's a positive one, yet to get a PPR. :)

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivmehta said:
hello can anyone answer on above question?
i don't think so.

usually if there are any med issues, doctor consults you before sending results to cic.

i think life takes priority over documentation.

juju211221

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
cpc-ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
20-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
Med's Request
21-01-2016
Med's Done....
02-02-2016
Passport Req..
DM : 07-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2016
LANDED..........
:D 22-03-2016
tw said:
Got DM today.... :eek: 19+ months of waiting comes to an end! Hoping it's a positive one, yet to get a PPR. :)
congrat's buddy, all the best ;)

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
Pearl1 said:
i don't think so.

usually if there are any med issues, doctor consults you before sending results to cic.

i think life takes priority over documentation.
In my case my spouse is principle applicant and her medical went absolutely fine.
I went two times for x ray and than we got call from panel physican and he advised us that most likely CIC will call you for further CT scan in 3 weeks.now 5 weeks has also completed but i didnt hear anything from cic.
I called to the call center today and the guy advised your spouse medical has been passed and your medical under review.

you think if they asked for further CT scan and i will end up with some problem in my report will it be rejection to canada pr? (i have been smoking from the last 10 years)

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vivmehta said:
In my case my spouse is principle applicant and her medical went absolutely fine.
I went two times for x ray and than we got call from panel physican and he advised us that most likely CIC will call you for further CT scan in 3 weeks.now 5 weeks has also completed but i didnt hear anything from cic.
I called to the call center today and the guy advised your spouse medical has been passed and your medical under review.

you think if they asked for further CT scan and i will end up with some problem in my report will it be rejection to canada pr? (i have been smoking from the last 10 years)
did you not check with the doctor, what the issue was ?

it would be better if you consult the doctor and see if there are any concerns. better prevent than cure. please be concerned about your health and if there is something major it needs attention.

the govt does not want any burden on their medical expenses. i think they want to avoid cases where an applicant is seeking residency to benefit from free medical coverage in the country.

MapleLeafCan

Star Member
Nov 21, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 2014
AOR Received.
aug 2014
Med's Request
march 2015
Med's Done....
march 2015
Passport Req..
february 2016
LANDED..........
28 february 2016
I just received email for change of visa office for my spouse.
But in the letter, my spouse name is not mentioned.
Is that normal?
Kindly suggest
Mesumrizvi; i guess u were in the same boat..

vivmehta

Jan 8, 2013
Pearl1 said:
did you not check with the doctor, what the issue was ?

it would be better if you consult the doctor and see if there are any concerns. better prevent than cure. please be concerned about your health and if there is something major it needs attention.

the govt does not want any burden on their medical expenses. i think they want to avoid cases where an applicant is seeking residency to benefit from free medical coverage in the country.
panel physican told me to consult my family doctor and my family doc said i dont see a problem still CT scan would give us more satisfaction.My reports clearly indicate that i have no active TB or history of TB...

will they reject application based on problem in chest because i think unless you have some major illness you wont be rejected...

redlad26

Oct 26, 2015
Hi

I am a july 31st applicant. I got MR April 2015 and received about a month later. Is there
many July applicants still waiting for Decision made as I have seen progress the last few weeks
with june etc?As I am a Carpenter skill level B Im assuming that a higher profession with
Skill level 0 and A would be processed before mine?

TIA