+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

July - 2014 Applications

Sudhakar Mandaleeka

Jul 8, 2014
cheema5903 said:
Sudhakar Mandaleeka : One of my friends was in same situation . send mail rather then email . my friend called CIC they said he should mail the documents .
plus they never get the emails . when i had to update my job , it took then 4 months to reply me back

//////////////

Hi ,

I am a 3rd July applicant.I did not receive my Passport Request yet.
I have sent my RPRF paid receipt along with my re-newed passport copy (asked by CIC as my old PP is expiring in July )to the below address.
It was received by Bernard at CIC, ottawa 3 weeks back . I sent my PP copies by both courier post and e-mail also.

I am in India. Is there any phone number , that i can contact CIC representative to understand what is going on /missing with my
Application.Please send me a CIC phone number so that i could call from India.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

Address that i sent my RPRF paid receipt and re-newed passport copy to:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
7th Floor, Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca .

Sudhakar Mandaleeka

Jul 8, 2014
Hi ,

I am a 3rd July applicant.I did not receive my Passport Request yet.
I have sent my RPRF paid receipt along with my re-newed passport copy (asked by CIC as my old PP is expiring in July )to the below address.
It was received by Bernard at CIC, ottawa 3 weeks back . I sent my PP copies by both courier post and e-mail also.

I am in India. Is there any phone number , that i can contact CIC representative to understand what is going on /missing with my
Application.Please send me a CIC phone number so that i could call from India.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

Address that i sent my RPRF and re-newed passport copy:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Case Processing Centre - Ottawa
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
7th Floor, Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca .

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
It is 613-944-4000.

Sudhakar Mandaleeka

Jul 8, 2014
Hi ,

I have paid my RPRF and sent the receipt to CPCO-Cost-recovery.CTDO-Recouvrement-frais@cic.gc.ca .

Is there any mechanism so that i can verify and know if my RPRF payment is matched to application.

Please let me know so that i can check if my RPRF payment reached to CIC and updated.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
The call center agents are able to verify this information for you.

hahamylove

Star Member
Jul 18, 2014
mahesh324 said:
Hi Shuggzz, What is the received date of your passport ? mine reached on 5th. As of my opinion flagpoling will not affect your future visas to US
Mahesh did you receive your passport yet?

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
This morning I decided to call CIC at 8am sharp, Monday morning. The keys to get through the automated menu to get to an agent to check status on PR application were 1, 1, 3, 1.

I knew the agents probably hadn't had their coffee so it was dicey but I just had to know.

First try: The wait time was 15 minutes, with pretty good music. When an agent picked up, I opened by introducing myself and asking if I can check what kind of decision was made. The agent asked what kind of application I had, and when the application was received, and then said I have to wait as 13 months wasn't over yet. I explained that my WP was about to expire, and that ECAS says decision made, but she stonewalls by saying "decision made" doesn't mean anything; that it can be shown whenever the file is updated, or by accident. Ultimately she kept repeating that she can't help, and I had to wait until August; all in all, very brusque. I acknowledged, thanked her and hung up.

Second try: I got the automated too busy message that ends the call.

Third try: The wait time was 12 minutes. When an agent picked up and introduced herself, I spoke in a slow and friendly way, opening with "Good morning, how are you?" and then after the usual responses, I gave my application number right away, pausing every 3 digits. She typed it in, and then asked me security questions and confirmed my address and phone number, which was great because I'm out-of-province and have a second mailing address on file that everything should be going to. Then she asked what she can help me with and I asked to check if my PR fee is in. She put me on hold for 5 seconds and then said, yes the RPRF is in, and then added "With regards to your application, Ottawa has actually sent out your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to [my address] on Thursday." I thanked her profusely and wished her a great day, and signed off.

So now I'll be checking my mailbox daily!

I learnt a few lessons I'd like to share, for checking for a positive or negative decision after seeing "decision made" on ECAS.

1) Start off nice to the PR agent. In Canada, asking "how're you doing?" is customary, and there's a psychological reason for that - it establishes rapport and makes the other side more likely to be nice to you.

2) Go straight to saying what your application # is, because this will trigger the instinct for them to start typing it in right away and pulling up your file and check your identity. Having that momentum gives a good chance of bypassing the "13 month not over yet" stonewalling. In psychology this is called "commitment tendency".

3) Start small, ask for whether medicals, or a fee, or police documents, or some other thing you sent in a long time ago was received. You could explain it's been a while and you haven't heard back and was worried. This is to get your foot in the door for them to look through your file for something easy that they won't object to.

4) When they confirm, and they see in fact decision made, they may be helpful (everyone likes to be the bearer of good news) and just tell you what the current status of the application is, if the decision was positive. Otherwise, ask the question without asking specifically... don't let them know you've already checked and saw that the decision was made (ever want to give someone good news and then learn they already heard about it? Real killjoy.)

For example, inquire what the status is, if there is anything you can send in for the next steps just in case correspondence has been missed. Since the decision was made, they're more than likely to give you info on that. You will get more info when you ask sideways or vague questions than if you ask targeted questions. I'm a frank and to-the-point person so it takes me some effort to do this.

5) If you get an agent who won't help, be sincerely courteous and thankful for their time, cut your losses, and get in line for another agent. There are good agents out there who take pride in their job and helping others.

Best of luck to everyone!

PS Note that the call centre is less likely to be able to help before the decision is made, because there are so many hidden steps between medicals and "decision made" and that information takes a lot of time to sort through (ever try to sift through your GCMS notes at the later stages? It's 30-50 pages of stuff... now try doing that in a few seconds with a stranger on the phone). That's why they try to impose the 13-month limit, to save the limited call centre resources for people who really need it.

vcecpr2014

May 30, 2014
Friends,

I received my passport and CPR on Friday and landed on Sunday i.e. yesterday at Rainbow Bridge, Niagara.
My landing experience was very good and similar to some good experience shared by other people on this forum. It just that I had to wait for couple of hours (Canada Side only) as there were few people already in queue, also it was during day time/afternoon, so expected..

Thank you so much to all in this Journey to PR, many of you have supported directly/indirectly.. so hats off to all.
Congratulations and best of luck to everyone waiting.. you all will have some good news soon.

Sudhakar Mandaleeka

Jul 8, 2014
Hi All,

If i wish to authorize my friend in canada to seek the status of my application over phone with cic
or apply gcms notes on behalf of me,
what is the process that i need to follow ?

As i am in india , i tried calling 613-944-4000 , but it is very unclear ,connection is very poor and voice is breaking.
i could not hear them. Hence i thought it would be better if i authorize my friend to know the status over phone,
i am a july 3rd applicant
if they received my updated copy of passport that i sent thru post and e-mail also(CIC asked me for my updated passport copy)
. and i paid RPRF also.
but i did not get PPR yet. .

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sudhakar

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Sudhakar Mandaleeka said:
Hi All,

If i wish to authorize my friend in canada to seek the status of my application over phone with cic
or apply gcms notes on behalf of me,
what is the process that i need to follow ?

As i am in india , i tried calling 613-944-4000 , but it is very unclear ,connection is very poor and voice is breaking.
i could not hear them. Hence i thought it would be better if i authorize my friend to know the status over phone,
i am a july 3rd applicant
if they received my updated copy of passport that i sent thru post and e-mail also(CIC asked me for my updated passport copy)
. and i paid RPRF also.
but i did not get PPR yet. .

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sudhakar
For GCMS notes use Form IMM5744 to authorize your friend to apply on your behalf.

To appoint your friend as a representative and authorize him to act on your behalf with CIC you would need to use IMM5476 form.

june05App

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th June 2014
AOR Received.
16th July 2014
Med's Request
23rd Jan 2015
Med's Done....
26th Jan 2015
Passport Req..
28-Oct 2015
LANDED..........
16th Nov 2015
quecumquevera said:
This morning I decided to call CIC at 8am sharp, Monday morning. The keys to get through the automated menu to get to an agent to check status on PR application were 1, 1, 3, 1.

I knew the agents probably hadn't had their coffee so it was dicey but I just had to know.

First try: The wait time was 15 minutes, with pretty good music. When an agent picked up, I opened by introducing myself and asking if I can check what kind of decision was made. The agent asked what kind of application I had, and when the application was received, and then said I have to wait as 13 months wasn't over yet. I explained that my WP was about to expire, and that ECAS says decision made, but she stonewalls by saying "decision made" doesn't mean anything; that it can be shown whenever the file is updated, or by accident. Ultimately she kept repeating that she can't help, and I had to wait until August; all in all, very brusque. I acknowledged, thanked her and hung up.

Second try: I got the automated too busy message that ends the call.

Third try: The wait time was 12 minutes. When an agent picked up and introduced herself, I spoke in a slow and friendly way, opening with "Good morning, how are you?" and then after the usual responses, I gave my application number right away, pausing every 3 digits. She typed it in, and then asked me security questions and confirmed my address and phone number, which was great because I'm out-of-province and have a second mailing address on file that everything should be going to. Then she asked what she can help me with and I asked to check if my PR fee is in. She put me on hold for 5 seconds and then said, yes the RPRF is in, and then added "With regards to your application, Ottawa has actually sent out your Confirmation of Permanent Residence to [my address] on Thursday." I thanked her profusely and wished her a great day, and signed off.

So now I'll be checking my mailbox daily!

I learnt a few lessons I'd like to share, for checking for a positive or negative decision after seeing "decision made" on ECAS.

1) Start off nice to the PR agent. In Canada, asking "how're you doing?" is customary, and there's a psychological reason for that - it establishes rapport and makes the other side more likely to be nice to you.

2) Go straight to saying what your application # is, because this will trigger the instinct for them to start typing it in right away and pulling up your file and check your identity. Having that momentum gives a good chance of bypassing the "13 month not over yet" stonewalling. In psychology this is called "commitment tendency".

3) Start small, ask for whether medicals, or a fee, or police documents, or some other thing you sent in a long time ago was received. You could explain it's been a while and you haven't heard back and was worried. This is to get your foot in the door for them to look through your file for something easy that they won't object to.

4) When they confirm, and they see in fact decision made, they may be helpful (everyone likes to be the bearer of good news) and just tell you what the current status of the application is, if the decision was positive. Otherwise, ask the question without asking specifically... don't let them know you've already checked and saw that the decision was made (ever want to give someone good news and then learn they already heard about it? Real killjoy.)

For example, inquire what the status is, if there is anything you can send in for the next steps just in case correspondence has been missed. Since the decision was made, they're more than likely to give you info on that. You will get more info when you ask sideways or vague questions than if you ask targeted questions. I'm a frank and to-the-point person so it takes me some effort to do this.

5) If you get an agent who won't help, be sincerely courteous and thankful for their time, cut your losses, and get in line for another agent. There are good agents out there who take pride in their job and helping others.

Best of luck to everyone!

PS Note that the call centre is less likely to be able to help before the decision is made, because there are so many hidden steps between medicals and "decision made" and that information takes a lot of time to sort through (ever try to sift through your GCMS notes at the later stages? It's 30-50 pages of stuff... now try doing that in a few seconds with a stranger on the phone). That's why they try to impose the 13-month limit, to save the limited call centre resources for people who really need it.
Good info and nicely worded my friend. Kudos :)

lolomartian

Jun 15, 2015
Seems like a lot of people got good news so far this month. My applications shown received July 28th, my status is showing Medical received, but application still in progress. I hope I can get a decision made soon as well. :D

mahesh324

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
hahamylove said:
Mahesh did you receive your passport yet?
@ hahamylove, Not yet.

Eagerly waiting for COPR. One of my friends received his COPR last week and waiting for mine. So that we both can go for landing together