+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Joining a spouse with 1 year work visa

laz

Feb 21, 2007
My spouse is currently working in Alberta with a one year work visa. We have not joined him when he moved to canada since we want him to get started with his job and settle first. Do you think, we will be allowed to join him within the period while he is on a working visa? We have two kids. I was wondering if i can get a job there too?

Appreciate your advise.
Laz

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

laz said:
My spouse is currently working in Alberta with a one year work visa. We have not joined him when he moved to canada since we want him to get started with his job and settle first. Do you think, we will be allowed to join him within the period while he is on a working visa? We have two kids. I was wondering if i can get a job there too?

Appreciate your advise.
Laz
1. Assume that you require a TRV to enter Canada? You didn't state where you reside.
2. If you need a TRV you should apply with a copy of your spouses work permit.
3. As for you working, your spouses job would have to be in category A&B or O of the NOC, http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml for you to receive an open work permit.
4. Depending on where you reside, you may require a medical and the children may require study permits.

PMM

laz

Feb 21, 2007
Thank you for your advise. I will look into the details. I am now living in Manila. But what we want to do is for me to be able to get work permit here in Manila before I join my husband in Canada.  Do you know any companies who outsource  manpower overseas?
Regards.
laz