+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Join - Only CEC Inland with ICT or NAFTA who will get 50 points on Nov 19th

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
jagsisingh said:
Hi Fatani,

I saw the statement you provided from the link. Its confusing for me but i take back my statement for 2 points i made as i am not sure now.

I am also ICT and really not sure what to mark against ""Does <name> have a job offer in Canada?" question. If i mark YES then only i see the options to claim 50 points but if i see "?" against this section it says we should have job offer and LMIA letter. My work permit is also exempt from LMIA so i am not sure what to fill against it. Did you still mark YES even though you dont have LMIA?
My point is that the bonus 50 are given for ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT AFTER PR. The same that is given to LMIA. Because they want to give points for the job you will do after you become PR not existing work done.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Ansuman said:
Fatani,

I understand you are going perfectly right. But there will be few such companies which will give a letter like this. But majority of the companies provide a letter when they extend the WP and that letter would be enough. But anyone can arrange I will second with you.
Look bro. The points are here for employment after PR. If you understand LMIA. It is same LMIAs holders are mostly not in Canada they are given points because CIC know once they granted PR they will work for this company. Same goes to other job offers. There should be a offer of a job that you will do after you become PR. Not existing work done if your WP expires when the application is process where is your job? what will you do after PR? So where is the ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT that you have claimed for?

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
Makes sense Fatani. But my question is more toward should i mark the question as YES for "Does <name> have a job offer in Canada?" even if I don't have LMIA as i am ICT.

Also, I agree if they need 1 Yr commitment between employer and employee after the PR then I think i can arrange that as my work permit is valid for another 2 yrs.

fatani said:
My point is that the bonus 50 are given for ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT AFTER PR. The same that is given to LMIA. Because they want to give points for the job you will do after you become PR not existing work done.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
jagsisingh said:
Makes sense Fatani. But my question is more toward should i mark the question as YES for "Does <name> have a job offer in Canada?" even if I don't have LMIA as i am ICT.

Also, I agree if they need 1 Yr commitment between employer and employee after the PR then I think i can arrange that as my work permit is valid for another 2 yrs.
Yes if you can show any type of proof that you will work in same company for 1 yr if you become PR. Then you can go ahead.

jagsisingh

May 10, 2015
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-02-2017
Med's Done....
01-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
I am a Permanent employee of this company with offer letter of no duration and i think i will just get additional letter on there letter head saying that I will be working for them for atleast 1 year after getting my PR. I think that should suffice. What do you think?

fatani said:
Yes if you can show any type of proof that you will work in same company for 1 yr if you become PR. Then you can go ahead.

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
In the last question - Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? There are 5 options in drop down menu. I selected the last one.

Sairam1 said:
Hi rg74,

I have only following questions on my EE profile under "Intended to work in Canada"; please note that my profile is eligible under CEC and FSW categories and I'm currently in Canada. I don't have any Canadian education.

Q1: Does FirstName Lastname have a job offer in Canada?
The offer must:
• be for full-time and for at least one year
• meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
• be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.
YES

Q2: Information about the job offer
Is this job offer for work that is:
• full-time
• continuous and
• for at least one year?
YES

Q3: Is this job offer for work that is non-seasonal? - YES

Q4: Four digit NOC code - 2171

Q5: Job title: xxx

Q6: Information about the employer or company - ANSWERED TO ALL QUESTIONS
How many employers made this job offer?
Is the employer any of the following (select all that apply):
• An embassy, consulate or high commission in Canada?
• An employer on the list of ineligible employers with the Government of Canada?
• Employer or company name?
• Contact address of employer or company
Intended location of employment in Canada
• Province or territory
• City/town
• Street address

Q7: Information about the Labour Market Impact Assessment
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada? - NO
• Is FirstName LastName currently working in Canada? - YES
• Does FirstName LastName have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES
• Is FirstName LastName 's job offer from the employer named on the current work permit? - YES
• Has FirstName LastName been working full-time for the employer on their current work permit for at least one year? (Or for an equal amount of part time
work?) - YES
• Four digit NOC code of current work permit - 2171
• Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - NO

sandymarcus

Star Member
Nov 19, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
I am International Student with Post-Graduate Open Work Permit. I have completed 2 years of Work in Canada as a Graphic Designer.
My Express Entry points are 467. What should I do to obtain 15 extra points for my education and 50 extra points for job offer?

1. Should I get a letter from my employer stating that I will stay in the same job after one year getting the PR?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
sandymarcus said:
I am International Student with Post-Graduate Open Work Permit. I have completed 2 years of Work in Canada as a Graphic Designer.
My Express Entry points are 467. What should I do to obtain 15 extra points for my education and 50 extra points for job offer?

1. Should I get a letter from my employer stating that I will stay in the same job after one year getting the PR?
This rule is not valid for PGWP.

janasj

Oct 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I made updates to "Intended to work in Canada" in the "Work history" section. I am on ICT and qualify for the 50 points.
For more than 2 hours, its in "Processing Updates" status.

Anyone got this 50 extra points in their CRS?

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Got my 50 points :) :)
Updated the answers this morning and showing new score now.

Job offer with LMIA exempt WP

Ansuman

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-02-2017
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
Med's Done....
07-03-2017
Passport Req..
26-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2017
LANDED..........
07-05-2017
rg74 said:
Got my 50 points :) :)
Updated the answers this morning and showing new score now.

Job offer with LMIA exempt WP
Congratulations!!!

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
Though Off topic but i thought might get my answer here. Right now my CELPIP score is L-11 , R- 9, W - 8, S - 8.

I am planning to retake CELPIP to increase my score as right now I am at 462 and chances could increase a lot if get a score of 10 or above in each section (around 485 if all 10+, 476 if 9+).

If my score is not better or its lower in the second test , will i have to update my CELPIP score in profile or I can leave the 1st test scores there because they are better.

Thanks in advance

janasj

Oct 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if your new CELPIP score is poor than old, you can leave it as it is. You dont have to mandatorily update the the new one.

BTW, how long did it take for your EE application to move from "Processing Update" to "Submitted"? Its been 3 hours for me...waiting anxiously and refreshing the page every 5 mins :)

rg74 said:
Though Off topic but i thought might get my answer here. Right now my CELPIP score is L-11 , R- 9, W - 8, S - 8.

I am planning to retake CELPIP to increase my score as right now I am at 462 and chances could increase a lot if get a score of 10 or above in each section (around 485 if all 10+, 476 if 9+).

If my score is not better or its lower in the second test , will i have to update my CELPIP score in profile or I can leave the 1st test scores there because they are better.

Thanks in advance

rg74

Jan 27, 2016
BRAMPTON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Doc's Request.
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
14-02-2017
Med's Done....
12-03-2017
Passport Req..
24-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
16-09-2017
It was less than 5 mins for me. I made changes & updated my profile around 3 times and every time it changed from processing to submitted in less than 5 mins.

janasj said:
if your new CELPIP score is poor than old, you can leave it as it is. You dont have to mandatorily update the the new one.

BTW, how long did it take for your EE application to move from "Processing Update" to "Submitted"? Its been 3 hours for me...waiting anxiously and refreshing the page every 5 mins :)

pessi76

Nov 18, 2016
I am in a very peculiar situation and really need an expert advice here. I am working in Canada for past 4 years on a closed (ICT) work permit. My current work permit is going to expire next month and my employer has submitted the application for an extension. As per my knowledge, there is a cap of maximum five years on ICT extension and I am not sure what will be the duration on my next WP. However, I have the offer letter from my current employer which was provided to me while coming here (in 2012) and the duration is indeterminate. Can someone please advise whether I am eligible to claim 50 points under valid job offer? BTW my profile was created recently and I am currently at 425 points Thanks in advance.