+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

jobs with lower level English!

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
One of my friends is moving to Calgary this summer, and he was wondering what are they chances that he will find a job in construction if his level of English is lets say pre-intermediate. He has over 15 years of experience, is young and is willing to do anything to get a job. He's trying to improve his English, I'm helping him out but realistically he will not improve much in the next two months.

Any suggestions what would be his best approach? Go with the placement agencies? contact companies directly? send resumes? any suggestions are appreciated.

Joshemir

Jun 23, 2015
St. John's, NL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What construction job?

I know someone who's working in f/b. He's not an excellent english speaker, but still manages to survive his job. He's PR here in Canada.

I guess it depends on what visa your friend is applying for. Will he apply for work visa, pnp,or thru express entry? Because afaik they have different requirements when it comes to language skills.

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
Joshemir said:
What construction job?

I know someone who's working in f/b. He's not an excellent english speaker, but still manages to survive his job. He's PR here in Canada.

I guess it depends on what visa your friend is applying for. Will he apply for work visa, pnp,or thru express entry? Because afaik they have different requirements when it comes to language skills.
He's coming over with PR.

aitazaz

Jun 25, 2015
mrcanada said:
One of my friends is moving to Calgary this summer, and he was wondering what are they chances that he will find a job in construction if his level of English is lets say pre-intermediate. He has over 15 years of experience, is young and is willing to do anything to get a job. He's trying to improve his English, I'm helping him out but realistically he will not improve much in the next two months.

Any suggestions what would be his best approach? Go with the placement agencies? contact companies directly? send resumes? any suggestions are appreciated.
If you really want to work in Canada, there is a simple and quick way to get the process started. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows Canadian Provinces to quickly fill jobs that are in high demand. This program allows not just professionals but also high school graduates to work in Canada.

Currently the most active provinces are Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All provinces can take part but you have the best chance finding a job in these provinces. Remember high school Graduates can apply and be accepted by this program as there is a large UNSKILLED WORKER SHORTAGE (lower level English) in both Alberta and British Columbia.

Subash

Jun 10, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014
Nomination.....
14-11-2014
File Transfer...
11th March 2015(2nd line on ecas)
Med's Request
28th March 2015
Med's Done....
01,April 2015
Passport Req..
7th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
17th May 2015
LANDED..........
22-Aug-2015
aitazaz said:
If you really want to work in Canada, there is a simple and quick way to get the process started. The Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) allows Canadian Provinces to quickly fill jobs that are in high demand. This program allows not just professionals but also high school graduates to work in Canada.

Currently the most active provinces are Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All provinces can take part but you have the best chance finding a job in these provinces. Remember high school Graduates can apply and be accepted by this program as there is a large UNSKILLED WORKER SHORTAGE (lower level English) in both Alberta and British Columbia.
Hi,

Are you located in BC? I am too moving with my family this August and wondering to know finding about survival jobs there. Honestly,we both are not good in english .By profession,I am medical lab assistant and my spouse is RN here in Nepal(The massive earthquake hited country on 25th April (7.8 rector) and May 12(7.2 rector) respectively.

Really love to hear your response on the matter.

Nzongi

Aug 22, 2015
my name is Nzongi Nyauhy Mwero a journalist and a poet but Am ready to do any job in Canada please Am requesting you to llok any job in Canada please Sir advise me

red_kitty

Sep 9, 2015
If level of my English is pre-intermediate, can I found job in Canada? I'm IT engineer, and have a good job in my country. I have about 8 years experience in IT. I have no any problems to find good job in my country - every time, last 4 years, I have a more 2 job offers.
I can to work for very small salary - I ready to work for food :p

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
red_kitty said:
If level of my English is pre-intermediate, can I found job in Canada? I'm IT engineer, and have a good job in my country. I have about 8 years experience in IT. I have no any problems to find good job in my country - every time, last 4 years, I have a more 2 job offers.
I can to work for very small salary - I ready to work for food :p
I does not work that way here in Canada. There are rules and regulations as to salary and wages. To find a job in your country is one thing, does not mean anything here. Pre intermediate English is not good enough if you want to get recognised, there is sooo much competition from people that already live here and have Canadian experience. As already answered in your other thread, it will be tough!