July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hi
I would like to get an opinion of the past members who moved from USA to Canada. How was your job search experience? Also did you get a hit in your salary coz canada is expensive and high taxes? OR was the salary high to counter the effects of high cost & taxes?

Any tips advices suggestions pls

alexblatnoi

Nov 22, 2012
This is just my opinion. I have lived in Canada for few Year long time ago. Now I am planning to move from USA to Canada. I agree with you as far as Canada more expensive to live but I think Canada has more opportunities than USA. I do not agree with you as far as taxes. Canada is much cheaper when it comes to taxes (home taxes). I would choose. Canada at this point, be mindful I hold American citizenship and I still lead towards Canada. As I said before, this is just my opinion. :)

life2010

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Originally buffalo but now Ottawa
NOC Code......
Civil engineer
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2010
Nomination.....
April 2012
AOR Received.
July 2012
Med's Request
July 2012
Med's Done....
July 2012
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hmmm.....it's interesting coz long time back I had a coworker who was a canadian and moved to usa. He used to tell me that Canada was expensive, less opportunities and too much taxes. He said gas was way expensive and a gallon of milk would cost you twice than usa. Also you past high sales tax which is pst etc

I would like to know if there are any statistics on salaries comparing usa and canada. I know there r online resources but they r too vague and do not pin point

Would like to hear from real user experiences....

sfcanada

Star Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2013
Google for cost of living comparison and you will find lots of information.

Opportunity and cost of living varies a lot depending on your qualifications and where you decide to live.

kane

Star Member
Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
DAKAR
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 2009
Doc's Request.
MAY 2010
AOR Received.
MAY 2010
IELTS Request
MAY 2010
Med's Request
MARCH 2012
Med's Done....
MAY 6TH 2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
MARCH 13TH 2012
VISA ISSUED...
AUGUST 1ST 2012
LANDED..........
MARCH 2013
Guys

I've lived in New York for 14 years,i was on an H1B and finally decided to move to Canada.
I've to say,there are more opportunities in Canada, the cost of living is not really different especially when you come from New York City
if you have a U.S. degree and work experience from the states you will find a job
the quality of life is much better here, especially when you have kids.
I'm kicking myself everyday for waiting so long to apply for the FSW

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
It also depends on what you want to do. If you are in IT, the States might be better, especially now that Canada is saturated with thousands of out-of-work Blackberry employees . . . If you're in public health, pipeline welding, ski resort tending, or maple syrup brokering, Canada is likely preferable.