LANDED..........
Feb 2011
If you are looking for a job in Canada,

check this link for job websites.

http://toronto.about.com/od/learningemployment/a/jobboards.htm

and this for temp agencies

http://toronto.about.com/od/learningemployment/a/tempagencies.htm

for help with your resume etc.

http://careerbookmarks.tpl.toronto.on.ca/servlet/Cbm_SubjectSearch?section=Jobs%20and%20Careers%3AEmployment%20Links%20for%20New%20Canadians%3ACommunity%20Services

btw. i had a resume and cover letter professionally done by a resume service in canada for about 220 CAD.

It sounds great! but it does not sound like me :( When i asked, they explained that they used alot of canadian terminology) my only problem is i sound too good..i don't think i will get a job at the level the resume puts me at because i am an immigrant. I am actually thinking of dumbing down the resume or creating two resumes...the first super great honeybird resume and the second the dumbing down honey bird resume..lol.

I hope this info helps you guys..

Resumeshop

Dec 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You raise some interesting points. I have helped some people who applied for jobs that required fewer credentials than they had. We simply left those credentials off their resume and this resulted in them receiving calls from prospective employers. A resume is not supposed to be a laundry list of every event in your life so just as you are not required to list every job, you are also not required to list every degree you have. Remember though, it is unethical to list a degree or a credential that you DON'T have.

You raise another good point about the resume not sounding like you. A good resume writer will work with you to help you find and maintain your own voice. They use effective interviewing techniques to find out about your career goals and about who you are. Sounds like your resume writer could have done a better job with that. But remember, HAVE CONFIDENCE! Know that you are good and that you will get a job. I cannot stress how important that is! When I work with people on their resumes, I give them as much positive reinforcement as possible. After all, Canada is very selective and if they were not good, if they were not smart and adaptable, they would not be here right now.

Keep at it. And as Winston Churchill said, "Never give up!"

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Resumeshop said:
You raise some interesting points. I have helped some people who applied for jobs that required fewer credentials than they had. We simply left those credentials off their resume and this resulted in them receiving calls from prospective employers. A resume is not supposed to be a laundry list of every event in your life so just as you are not required to list every job, you are also not required to list every degree you have. Remember though, it is unethical to list a degree or a credential that you DON'T have.

You raise another good point about the resume not sounding like you. A good resume writer will work with you to help you find and maintain your own voice. They use effective interviewing techniques to find out about your career goals and about who you are. Sounds like your resume writer could have done a better job with that. But remember, HAVE CONFIDENCE! Know that you are good and that you will get a job. I cannot stress how important that is! When I work with people on their resumes, I give them as much positive reinforcement as possible. After all, Canada is very selective and if they were not good, if they were not smart and adaptable, they would not be here right now.

Keep at it. And as Winston Churchill said, "Never give up!"
Thank you resumeshop,

I have been applying for some customer service jobs even though i have over 6 years as an accountant!. The only problem is.. I am not a certified Accountant so i dont know if any firm is willing to hire me and help me or work with me as i get my certification (CPA) . I am working on my resume to exclude the Accountancy experience because i have submitted my existing resume and not getting any calls yety.