+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job title

hohoho

Feb 20, 2011
Hi, I will be applying to CEC and my job title is metallurgical technologsit. Does this occupation qualify to NOC Level B (2233 Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians) ? I could not find the exact job name on the list.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hohoho said:
Hi, I will be applying to CEC and my job title is metallurgical technologsit. Does this occupation qualify to NOC Level B (2233 Industrial Engineering and Manufacturing Technologists and Technicians) ? I could not find the exact job name on the list.
Read through the job descriptions, skills and educational requirements to see which NOC code best fits what you do.

hohoho

Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for the reply. I read through the those information, and Job title is obviously different. Most of the duties that are listed on the NOC website are different from what I do at work, even though I meet educational requirements. I don't work at production site, but at research facility of a steel company. I am not sure that I can say NOC #2233 is the best name that fit to my job. Did anybody apply to PR under CEC with the same situation ? Please tell me how you found the NOC number that fit to your job title. Thanks you.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hohoho said:
Thanks for the reply. I read through the those information, and Job title is obviously different. Most of the duties that are listed on the NOC website are different from what I do at work, even though I meet educational requirements. I don't work at production site, but at research facility of a steel company. I am not sure that I can say NOC #2233 is the best name that fit to my job. Did anybody apply to PR under CEC with the same situation ? Please tell me how you found the NOC number that fit to your job title. Thanks you.
NOC #2212 lists metallurgical technologist as one of it's alternative titles. Check that one out.

hohoho

Feb 20, 2011
Thank you very much. The NOC number is suitable to my job title. Now I need to study IELTS.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hohoho said:
Thank you very much. The NOC number is suitable to my job title. Now I need to study IELTS.
You're welcome. Make sure all of the other aspects are suitable as well, i.e. job description, skill requirements, education, etc. Good luck.