+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JOB TITLE DISCREPENCIES

gmannix1000

Apr 10, 2013
Hi All,

A little bit worried about something, hope someone can shed some light regarding my Canadian Experience Class Application.

I’ve sent off my forms seven weeks ago and received my Acknowledgment of Receipt yesterday. I’ve been working now about a year and a half with an engineering company Junior Mechanical Engineer and I meet all the criteria for the CEC.

Just one thing has been slightly bothering me though, I’ve put down ‘mechanical engineer’ as my occupation in all the forms. My work contract, which was sent off with the application states that I am an ‘Engineer in Training in my company’s Mechanical Team’. Then, in the letter they provided me for my application, they referred to me as an ‘Engineering Intern with our mechanical team’. Which are all essentially the same thing though, right?

Do you think these titles will cause at discrepancy with my application in the immigration office when they are reviewing my forms?

Hope you guys can put my mind at ease !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I don't think you have anything to worry about, there are no real discrepancies.

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
I'm in the same boat. Essentially, I'm a management analyst, yet they refer to me as a trainee and intern. I too received my AOR recently. The only remedy to this "anomaly", if you will, was to attach an explanation letter, wherein I provided details about the trainee/intern/analyst variations. All you can really do is provide as much detail as you can, and the rest is with them.

Besides, if you were paid, legally employed by the company and fulfill all other criteria, I dont think they will care too much about the inconsistency. When they get into nit picking is when you make like 10/hour, but are listed as a Senior Mechanical Engineer, supposed to be making like 50/hour. The point being, unless there are significant discrepancies, I wouldnt assume the worst.

Just thought you might want to know you are not alone. :)

gmannix1000

Apr 10, 2013
Thanks guys, put my mind somewhat at ease. I just don't want to mess up this application at all and I really do want to stay in Canada...

Do you think it would be worth my while to email a letter up to the visa office or post a letter up explaining the variations in job titles etc etc...??

Just do not want to leave anything to chance....