+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Title changed, Need to send additional Documents

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Seniors,

I received AOR in Feb 2013. Today I received new job title in my same company. Its different noc code whatever I applied earlir.

I received a reference letter from HR and Job responsibility letter as well from My new manager. Can you please tell me how to send these documents? Via email or courier mail.

Can you please provide both addresses? Do I need to send this year 2012 T4 and Notice of assesment as well

I shall be very thankful to you!

Please help

whymeee

Apr 10, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there a reason you want to send a new reference letter? You should think twice unless there's a very good reason, because it might confuse your processing officer.

CIC asks for your latest T4/NOA at the time of application, but if you'd like you can send scanned copies to ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhi123 said:
Hello Seniors,

I received AOR in Feb 2013. Today I received new job title in my same company. Its different noc code whatever I applied earlir.

I received a reference letter from HR and Job responsibility letter as well from My new manager. Can you please tell me how to send these documents? Via email or courier mail.

Can you please provide both addresses? Do I need to send this year 2012 T4 and Notice of assesment as well

I shall be very thankful to you!

Please help
If your application was complete at the time of submission (i.e. job reference letter up to requirements, T4 and tax assessments, etc) I wouldn't send the new information. As long as you stay with the same employer and your job description matches your current work permit conditions you are not required to submit any new documents.

iunno

Apr 5, 2012
I'm in the same boat as the OP except my job changed in April. I'm in the process of moving, so my plan is to get a confirmation of my current job title and salary (no mention of job duties) and send that together along with my updated address to CIC within the next month or so. As per the AOR that goes out:

"Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc)."

There may be room for interpretation regarding the highlighted part above (i.e. if the job changes but not the employer). Has anyone inquired about this from CIC?

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
iunno said:
I'm in the same boat as the OP except my job changed in April. I'm in the process of moving, so my plan is to get a confirmation of my current job title and salary (no mention of job duties) and send that together along with my updated address to CIC within the next month or so. As per the AOR that goes out:

"Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc)."

There may be room for interpretation regarding the highlighted part above (i.e. if the job changes but not the employer). Has anyone inquired about this from CIC?
The reason they ask for reference letter and other employment details at the time of application is to verify that applicant meets CEC employment requirements.

The reason they are interested in those items in the AOR is only for background checks done later in the process. Your new job would not count one way or another towards qualifying employment requirements of your previously submitted application.

Unless your job title has changed retroactively which is not the case here, then you don't need to update your original reference letter and in fact I would highly advise against that.

Go ahead and inform CIC that you have a new job. There's no need for a new reference letter or employment documentation, NOC code, etc.

sukhi123

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you all ... so can i just send an email with attached hr letter which gas my job title and salary info only...?

please correct me for email address as well..

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sukhi123 said:
Thank you all ... so can i just send an email with attached hr letter which gas my job title and salary info only...?

please correct me for email address as well..
ALl you need to do is e-mail them and tell them your new position. That is all.

thisisauser

Nov 23, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
jsm0085 said:
ALl you need to do is e-mail them and tell them your new position. That is all.
Yes, this. Don't bother with other details or it might be confused with an updated reference letter.

Jonny2vests

Aug 5, 2013
I find myself in a similar sort of situation. I've received an acknowledgement of receipt of my PNP PR application applied for whilst on a temp work permit here in Vancouver, I'm from the UK. The letter states that I must

Please inform the visa office of any changes in your application (e.g. birth or adoption of a child, marriage or common-law relationship, new occupation or employer, change of address, change of e-mail address, change of immigration representative, etc)

Since my application submission we've had a child, and I have no indication of which 'visa office' to inform. I'm assuming its not the one in London UK. I only got the AOR a couple of weeks ago, shall I just chill, or does someone out there know where my visa office is likely to be?

Thanks,

Jon