+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job termination without cause after applying to PR under PNP

mufei

Jul 1, 2022
Hello,

I got termiantion of employment without cause few days ago. I worked about 18 months. I got the employment letter to apply for SINP and applied for PR under PNP in September, but I haven't received an application number yet.

I am PGWP holder. I would like to know will the termination affect my application process?

Thank you very much.

Alalac

Oct 2, 2021
Hello,

I got termiantion of employment without cause few days ago. I worked about 18 months. I got the employment letter to apply for SINP and applied for PR under PNP in September, but I haven't received an application number yet.

I am PGWP holder. I would like to know will the termination affect my application process?

Thank you very much.
Yes it will, your application will e placed on hold until you find another job. Make sure you inform the province about this, otherwise can be considered misrepresentation.

mufei

Jul 1, 2022
Yes it will, your application will e placed on hold until you find another job. Make sure you inform the province about this, otherwise can be considered misrepresentation.
Hello,

Thank you for replying!

Actually I have got the provincial nomination already and it expires in Feb 2024. I applied for PR under PNP in September. Would the province withdraw my nomination?

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Thank you for replying!

Actually I have got the provincial nomination already and it expires in Feb 2024. I applied for PR under PNP in September. Would the province withdraw my nomination?

Regards,
You are required to notify the province. Failing to do so is misrepresentation. You'll need to find a new employer who is willing to support your nomination.

Reactions: Naturgrl

mufei

Jul 1, 2022
You are required to notify the province. Failing to do so is misrepresentation. You'll need to find a new employer who is willing to support your nomination.
Thank you!

Do I need to update the change to my PR application? I have not got an application number yet and I cannot edit the application online.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you!

Do I need to update the change to my PR application? I have not got an application number yet and I cannot edit the application online.
Yes you need to send in a webform indicating that you have been laid off and are no longer working for the employer. It’s unfornate but you need to find a new employer to be able to get PR. If you don’t inform IRCC and are caught there can be significant consequences.

mufei

Jul 1, 2022
Yes you need to send in a webform indicating that you have been laid off and are no longer working for the employer. It’s unfornate but you need to find a new employer to be able to get PR. If you don’t inform IRCC and are caught there can be significant consequences.
Thank you!

Would IRCC return my application or hold it until I find a new job?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you!

You need to notify the province. See below and hope this helps:

Changes Affecting SINP Applications and Nominations
How do I submit a request for a revision and/or extension?
How long do I have to request an extension to my Nomination Certificate after it has expired?
  • Nominees will now have 90 days after the expiration of their nomination to apply for an extension.
What happens if the terms of my employment have changed?
  • Nominees whose terms of employment have changed (termination, lay-off) will have 45 days to find another employment offer that meets the conditions of their existing work permit. If the existing nominee is unable to find another employment offer that meets the conditions of their existing work permit, they may request an extension to the 45 days.
  • The SINP must be notified immediately if the job held by a nominees or existing applicant changes, they are laid off, or their job is terminated. Withholding this information is misrepresentation.

https://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/live-in-saskatchewan/by-immigrating/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/immigration-faqs#:~:text=The SINP must be notified,Withholding this information is misrepresentation.