+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Seeking

GD28980

Oct 13, 2014
hi guys i will be settling in Toronto very soon and i want to seek help from you my friends if there anyway it can be easier for me to find one. I am a Computer Graphic Designer with 8Years working experience in a reputable Designing firm in my country (Ghana). Thanks and i will be waiting to read your comments

Katayoon

Champion Member
Nov 19, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have chosen the least appropriate place to seek work - job market is saturated and overcrowded in GTA and black men face an extra racial challenge. You will most probably need to move to a rural province with less candidates.
Your best bet would be to apply all around the country and not limit yourself to the East Coast. However it is good to land in Toronto - many bridging courses take place here.

GD28980 said:
hi guys i will be settling in Toronto very soon and i want to seek help from you my friends if there anyway it can be easier for me to find one. I am a Computer Graphic Designer with 8Years working experience in a reputable Designing firm in my country (Ghana). Thanks and i will be waiting to read your comments

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have good soccer skills you could show up for tryouts for Toronto Soccer Team

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
newtone said:
If you have good soccer skills you could show up for tryouts for Toronto Soccer Team
Probably you think that your one-liners are witty - but they are not. Better not to post any reply then these useless comments. I think, the original poster has made it very clear what his skills are.
I have seen your initial posts and recall those days when you were confused. Stop belittling others.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveksharma said:
Probably you think that your one-liners are witty - but they are not. Better not to post any reply then these useless comments. I think, the original poster has made it very clear what his skills are.
I have seen your initial posts and recall those days when you were confused. Stop belittling others.
I am not belittling him in a country where qualified Engineers are security guards, Doctors work as taxi drivers, architects work as bar tenders, whats wrong with him playing soccer. Stop underestimating the power of immigrants.

david1697

Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GD28980 said:
You haven't posted since 11/29, so I am not sure if you will read this, but just in case you still visit this thread:

You are in the right place. Forums are where the real individuals who live or plan to move to Canada gather.
No other place will provide you the knowledge as valuable as public forums. Try visiting more than one, do your research, read and ask questions.
There are individuals who will give you valuable and helpful advise.
Don't pay attention to those who reply bitterly, some of them may have frustrations that is not related to you at all.
Best of luck to you and your family.

viveksharma

Feb 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC sent with Medicals
Nomination.....
01-10-2014
AOR Received.
Not Received
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Guess mid Jun-2016
Med's Request
18-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
newtone said:
I am not belittling him in a country where qualified Engineers are security guards, Doctors work as taxi drivers, architects work as bar tenders, whats wrong with him playing soccer. Stop underestimating the power of immigrants.
Dude you yourself know the satire in your original statement. This guy mentioned his skill and he mentioned nothing about that soccer skill. where did it come from, huh!
Btw are you still stuck as taxi driver?

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
viveksharma said:
Dude you yourself know the satire in your original statement. This guy mentioned his skill and he mentioned nothing about that soccer skill. where did it came from huh!
Btw are you still stuck as taxi driver?

Have you heard of Ryan Fitzpatrick? NFL player who has a degree in Economics from Harvard
How about George Parros? NHL player with a degree in Economics from Princeton
Ross Ohlendorf: Baseball player with a degree in Financial Engineering from Princeton
Iain Dowie: Soccer player with a Masters degree in Engineering from Southampton University

These are just some examples and there are many more, my point is if people such as these actually took your advice they would not be who they are today. They took a chance either because of the love of sport or because they didnt get a job in their respective fields. Therefore you need to open your mind and talent and look for better opportunities.

As far as belittling someone, I'll follow your lead. Unfortunately I do not have a PhD nor a medical degree therefore I don't qualify as a Canadian taxi driver right off the bat. But next time I take a cab I'll be sure to ask the name of the cabbie, maybe its Dr. vivek sharma at the wheels!!