+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Search Advice please ? Telecom or System Admin ?

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Dear All,

I have finally obtained COPR and will be doing a soft landing on October 14th till October 26th and want to take advantage of it as much as possible before I make a full move in 2018 (June probably).

I have two main enquiries; one related to long-term career and another related to general job search.

First of all, I am a Wireless Communications Engineer and have 7 years of experience with several fixed and mobile technologies.... WiMAX and a bit of exposure to LTE technologies, PMP, PTP, Microwave backhauling ...etc .. My experience is mainly about implementing and optimisation (drive tests and such) of the solutions not about design or planning though I am familiar with the latter concepts.... Moreover, I have handled big (perhaps big just for the country im coming from) WiFi projects with hundreds of APs each (mainly Ruckus) and by handled I mean end to end from installing and configuring the virtual controller to configuring the APs to testing and fine tuning the WLANs....

Anyhow, during the course of my work I got involved into Linux System Administration (Most core systems are linux based ...even BTSs are running linux...) and I have always loved linux and using CLI ever since I took a course about it in uni... so I eventually got an LFCS (last April) and then I learnt about the MCSA: Linux on Azure and ended up learning Azure and passing the MCP 70-533 Implementing Azure Solutions so now I feel that I am at a cross roads which I should decide with my move to Canada.... Should I continue to work in Telecom (I find it dull and see that the future of traditional telecom is kinda dark..) ..or should I focus on System Administration and Cloud Solutions (Azure mainly) ?

I would like advice from experienced IT people working in Canada and specifically Ontario (as I have a PN) on which would be the better move and has more potential for landing a job ? Or maybe there could be a job field with a mix between both ?

Moreover, may anyone please advise me on the steps I should take during the 12 days short stay that would help me with job searching even when I return back to my home country before I make my full move in June 2018 (or perhaps before that if I land a job).

Thank you all in advance an I hope someone out there can provide some helpful insight

Regards,

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015