+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job offer from Quebec employer

manna786

Sep 6, 2017
Hi friends,

I am a Computer Engr from India and I work from home for a Quebec based company as Web Designer/Developer. My employer wants me to go to Quebec and work for him over there and undertake responsibilities for entire North American business. My questions are:

1. My employer's company is a 2 years old registered start-up company. His company is registered federally but not in Quebec, so is my employer eligible to hire me?
2. Does he need to get LMIA for me.
3. Is LMIA and CSQ both compulsory?
4. Which is the best option for me to go to Canada to work for this employer? WP/QSW/Intra Company Transfer?
5. Is IELTS compulsory if I apply under any of the above three processes?

Please help me as I am totally blind in immigration matters.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi friends,

I am a Computer Engr from India and I work from home for a Quebec based company as Web Designer/Developer. My employer wants me to go to Quebec and work for him over there and undertake responsibilities for entire North American business. My questions are:

1. My employer's company is a 2 years old registered start-up company. His company is registered federally but not in Quebec, so is my employer eligible to hire me?
2. Does he need to get LMIA for me.
3. Is LMIA and CSQ both compulsory?
4. Which is the best option for me to go to Canada to work for this employer? WP/QSW/Intra Company Transfer?
5. Is IELTS compulsory if I apply under any of the above three processes?

Please help me as I am totally blind in immigration matters.
1. All registered companies will have their listing in Federal and Quebec government site. Do a google and see.
2. Yes the employer needs to do LMIA because you job category requires to. IT is not LMIA exempt.
3. LMIA is for proving that there is no worker in Quebec who can do that job.Once LMIA is done, the employer should apply for a temporary work visa. With that temporary work visa and CAQ, you will land in Quebec and work. Once you complete 6 months of work in Quebec, you can apply for CSQ on your own thru Mon Project online. After CSQ, apply for PR in Federal.
4. Not sure as I do not know how ICT works.
5. For CSQ IELTS gives more points. IELTS is not mandatory, if you satisfy the cutoff points for CSQ. If you don't ( which I think you won't) IELTS will give more points.

> Please help me as I am totally blind in immigration matters.

Spent some time on this forum and comb thru the posts. You will get a lot of information.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

asim.ansari

Feb 15, 2017
>> 4. Which is the best option for me to go to Canada to work for this employer? WP/QSW/Intra Company Transfer?

I would suggest to choose ICT. Its much quicker in terms of processing time and chances for getting a restricted WP are pretty high. ICT don't require IELTS. However, its much better if you come with IELTS.

manna786

Sep 6, 2017
1. All registered companies will have their listing in Federal and Quebec government site. Do a google and see.
2. Yes the employer needs to do LMIA because you job category requires to. IT is not LMIA exempt.
3. LMIA is for proving that there is no worker in Quebec who can do that job.Once LMIA is done, the employer should apply for a temporary work visa. With that temporary work visa and CAQ, you will land in Quebec and work. Once you complete 6 months of work in Quebec, you can apply for CSQ on your own thru Mon Project online. After CSQ, apply for PR in Federal.
4. Not sure as I do not know how ICT works.
5. For CSQ IELTS gives more points. IELTS is not mandatory, if you satisfy the cutoff points for CSQ. If you don't ( which I think you won't) IELTS will give more points.

> Please help me as I am totally blind in immigration matters.

Spent some time on this forum and comb thru the posts. You will get a lot of information.
Thanks a lot cherti for your valuable reply. I appreciate your advice to spend some time on this forum. Indeed this forum is ocean of immigration knowledge. Stay blessed dear.

manna786

Sep 6, 2017
>> 4. Which is the best option for me to go to Canada to work for this employer? WP/QSW/Intra Company Transfer?

I would suggest to choose ICT. Its much quicker in terms of processing time and chances for getting a restricted WP are pretty high. ICT don't require IELTS. However, its much better if you come with IELTS.
Thank you asim.ansari for your advice. Could you please educate me how it works? As far as I know, if someone is working for a company which has HQ anywhere else in world and the same company opens a branch in Canada and wish to send its employee(s) to work at that branch OR if an overseas company sends any of its employee(s) to work in its partner company in Canada, then only such employees are eligible to apply under ICT. But in my case, I work for a parent company in Canada which doesn't have its branch in India, but I work for that company online. Do you think I am still eligible to apply under ICT? Does my QB based company meet the criteria of ICT?

asim.ansari

Feb 15, 2017
I think your understanding is correct, I overlooked some portion while replying you initially. I do not think ICT would be an option for you in this case.