+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job offer and LMIA

ShawnC

Jan 18, 2024
Hello,

I accepted my job offer three years ago with my Post Graduate Work Permit and I've been working for the same employer since then. My PGWP is expiring this Feb so my employer applied for LMIA and work permit extension for me. In that case, how should I answer "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" I didn't need an LMIA when I accepted the job offer because I was holding the PGWP, and now I have an LMIA and a new work permit. Can I still get the extra points for a valid job offer?

Edit: Also, the job title and salary on the initial job offer letter are different from the job title and salary that my employer submitted for applying for the LMIA because I have been promoted during the past three years. Should I fill in the initial job title stated in the offer letter or should I fill in the job title in the LMIA Positive letter for the "Job title" under "Intended work in Canada"?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I accepted my job offer three years ago with my Post Graduate Work Permit and I've been working for the same employer since then. My PGWP is expiring this Feb so my employer applied for LMIA and work permit extension for me. In that case, how should I answer "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" I didn't need an LMIA when I accepted the job offer because I was holding the PGWP, and now I have an LMIA and a new work permit. Can I still get the extra points for a valid job offer?

Thanks!
So you have an approved LMIA because you say employer applied for LMIA (paid $1k). If you have an approved LMIA you can get the extra points.

ShawnC

Jan 18, 2024
So you have an approved LMIA because you say employer applied for LMIA (paid $1k). If you have an approved LMIA you can get the extra points.
Thank you for the reply! Yes, I already get a Positive LMIA. So I guess I need to answer "yes" to the question "Was a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) issued for the job offer in Canada?" Because if I answer no, it won't allow me to enter the LMIA number and issue/expiry date...