+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Job Letter Issues

jassibrar

Mar 17, 2009
Hey guys

I am all set to apply for CEC immigration .. infact i was about to mail the documents today. But I am still not sure about my job letter.
I didn't ewnd up on good terms wth my employer (with 1 year work experience) and she wouldn't write me letter with my actual job duties. I was an assistant accountant and she wrote job duties such as mailing filing etc .... like seriously !!
Should I be sending CIC all the emails i went back and forth with my ex employer and the stupid job letter with letter explaining the situation and proving that she is wrong with job responsibilities
OR
Should I just write letter explaining situation with ROE, T4, paystubs etc. and not send them the job letter or any other piece of conversation.

FYI: i am hired by another company as an assistant accountant and i am here since 6.5 months now .. and i have an awesome job letter from here :)

Please advise
Thanks
Jessie

rpun

Star Member
May 12, 2011
This is a really tricky stituation right here... According to the document checklist, you HAVE HAVE to send your reference letter .
If you cannot get your letter, you COULD write a VERY VERY GOOD explanatiin letter to explain your duties,hours, etc..

However, today on the trackit website, there was someone who COULDN'T provide a REFERENCE LETTER and but sent a detailed explanation and STILL got a sad rejection...... So i have no idea how CIC is going to access your case.. It also depends on officers evaluating your case...

hooe it helpss...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Is there anyone else in the company who can write the letter? Did you have a written job description, or a contract?

Without your employer's support, it is extremely unlikely that you will get credit for that time... If you can wait, perhaps it would be better to wait until you get 1 year of experience with your new employer...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon

Sorry to hear about your ordeal. When you say, "she wouldn't write a letter with your actual job duties", are you referring to your manager? supervisor? You should be asking all these things from Human Resources(HR) because they will have more experience with such requests anyway. I would suggest the following:

1. print a copy of the document checklist and provide it to Human Resources so that they understand what you are asking for
2. I can't imagine HR refusing to provide you with this information
3. a copy of the original job offer - this will explain your benefits, vacation, etc
4. search the company's website, as they may have a general description of the main functions of positions - my employer has this and this is what they provided me
5. copy of pay stubs/slips, T4, notice of assessment

You should not need to do 3 and 4 if HR provides you everything on the checklist. Goodluck and let us know how it goes.

jassibrar said:
Hey guys

I am all set to apply for CEC immigration .. infact i was about to mail the documents today. But I am still not sure about my job letter.
I didn't ewnd up on good terms wth my employer (with 1 year work experience) and she wouldn't write me letter with my actual job duties. I was an assistant accountant and she wrote job duties such as mailing filing etc .... like seriously !!
Should I be sending CIC all the emails i went back and forth with my ex employer and the stupid job letter with letter explaining the situation and proving that she is wrong with job responsibilities
OR
Should I just write letter explaining situation with ROE, T4, paystubs etc. and not send them the job letter or any other piece of conversation.

FYI: i am hired by another company as an assistant accountant and i am here since 6.5 months now .. and i have an awesome job letter from here :)

Please advise
Thanks
Jessie