+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

job in canada

shree13

Apr 29, 2011
hi im shree.i am a mauritian actually living in ireland,i am looking for a job in canada.i am a baker specified in baking muffins.its my dream to come and wrk in canada with my husband and baby.thanksss

memikoglan

Dec 25, 2007
Dreams turn to nightmare in Canada. I am so sorry and I never thought that I would write those kind of words but unfortunately it is true.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And nightmares turn into tragedies, so please dont make this mistake. We are all suffering from this problem and cant get out of this viscious cycle so stay where you are and be happy

ceresto

Aug 10, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
newtone said:
And nightmares turn into tragedies, so please dont make this mistake. We are all suffering from this problem and cant get out of this viscious cycle so stay where you are and be happy
You guys are scaring me :)

Vitomanolo16

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2005
Doc's Request.
28-02-2005
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
21-09-2011
IELTS Request
28-02-2005
Med's Request
06-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2011 / Passport sent: 14-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
17-APRIL-2012
Memikoglan and newtone,

If you have nothing good to say then just keep it to yourselves. There are a lot of people here in the forum who have made life changing decisions such as migrating to canada. Do not generalize! If the both of you are on the same boat, chances are, others might have a better life in canada.

memikoglan

Dec 25, 2007
Vitomanolo16,

You just don't get it. But it is quite normal. Before I came to Canada as an immigrant I was warned about similar bad experiences and I told and wrote exactly as you did. I just ignored them and I told them do not generalize the situation just like you wrote. I think this is human psychology. Human is trying not to think about it or does not want to believe something bad about his/her dream. I exactly know what you are going through now. I had similar feelings, hopes, fears, sadness etc. I was getting angry with people those who write/say something negative about Canada. So, I had opportunity to test and see it myself with my family.

The general situation in Canada is UNFORTUNATELY very horrible (I can not find any other word to define the current situation). Anyway I do not tell "don't come" to everybody. I tell "DO NOT COME" to this HELL if you do not have money enough for 3-4 years. Because you will not find any job in your profession and if you are lucky you will find a job paying $9 per hour and you will face to perfect DISCRIMINATION here in CANADA.

I just warn all those who are preparing to destroy their career. If you will be very happy to collect Canadian's garbage here then come. By the way Canada is incredibly expensive country. You have probably checked already haven't you.
Anyway it is your choice. I waited 4 years to come here Canada and I am associate professor. I have been here for 2 years I am looking for any kind of job but cannot find anything even cleaning job.

Last words: I am writing for every people who wants to come to Canada. Check internet, search what people talk about Australia or New Zealand and what people talk about Canada? Maybe that search will help you getting awake...

Bye

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vitomanolo16 said:
Memikoglan and newtone,

If you have nothing good to say then just keep it to yourselves. There are a lot of people here in the forum who have made life changing decisions such as migrating to canada. Do not generalize! If the both of you are on the same boat, chances are, others might have a better life in canada.
Firstly thank you memikoglan, I dont think I would have able to say this in a better way

Secondly at Vitomanolo16 by saying things like others might have a better life in Canada you are assuming we have not so good life. Allow me to assume you are standing somewhere in a village with toothpick in your mouth scratching your ass looking at pretty girls pass by, using the common internet cafe shared by 10,000 people in your village and dreaming about coming to Canada someday. So assuming things is not a good idea.

We are not generalizing
We are THE people who have left our careers because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who left our business because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who thought about our kids because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.
We are THE people who took a chance with our future because people have just told us good things about Canada and kept other things to themselves.

And you are going to tell us now if you don't have anything good to say keep it to yourself?
If you haven't understood by now we are in fact those people who have already experienced the discrimination, racism and sexism FIRST hand. We are merely telling people the not so good things, and there is nothing wrong with that. When you want to settle in a house you've decided to buy that was formerly occupied by someone else you obviously want to know the good thing and the bad things. People have the choice. Just like a coin a story has two sides because if we dont tell others the truth we would be doing injustice to millions of people including yourself. So please don't take it personally its just facts new immigrants need to know. They are entitled to this fact and facts can be good or bad or both.

memikoglan

Dec 25, 2007
NEWTONE,

I just hope that people will get our writings together and will give themselves another chance to think. I loved your writings and I can put my signature under it and every words you wrote is true. I think we did what we have to do. After that people following this forum will need to make their last decision by putting every + and - together.

I even think that get all immigrants suffering from joblessness together and sue the Canada. Because we were not told that we will be fighting practically by hunger. They wanted us at least 65 point. They wanted us to have good education and prior work experience and English knowledge. Anyway, subject is too deep and I am closing here.

Vitomanolo16

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-02-2005
Doc's Request.
28-02-2005
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
21-09-2011
IELTS Request
28-02-2005
Med's Request
06-07-2011
Med's Done....
30-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-09-2011 / Passport sent: 14-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2011
LANDED..........
17-APRIL-2012
Newtone,

Just to reiterate, stop generalizing. You are making assumptions based on your own experiences. You keep on telling negative things about canada when you have an option to go back to your native land. Why are you still there? I Just don't get it.. There are a lot of things that would make or break you in canada. Let others decide on their own faith and stop blaming others for your own faults. You were not forced to migrate i suppose. What happened to you is a lack of proper judgement. If you were successful in your own country, why the need to migrate? Greener pastures is what everyone here is looking for... It is always up to you to make the most of what you have to become successful.

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
@ Vitomanolo16

there is some truth to what newtone and memikoglan has said after all some of these people have experienced these problems first hand, they were in the same boat as you are at some point but people have not told them the entire truth (good side and the bad side). If I understood them correctly they have already lived here and basically telling you what to watch out for. You are on a bit of a disadvantage considering you haven't lived here, so its not appropriate for you to make judgements or conclusions yet.

Anyhow they only way and the best way to experience it is to live here. Maybe you could share and tell us something about your experience which many people can benefit from. Keep in touch, don't be a stranger.

courageous

Star Member
Sep 5, 2011
Dears all immigrants,
Please read these two people discussion about Canada because every glitter thing is not gold.
Think about it and reply. We must consider it prior to leave ours motherland.
Thanks

SISH7255

Nov 19, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July 2011
What newtone & memikoglan is saying is cent percent correct, there is no dought about that. I have been here for @ 4 months, and experiencing every bit of the story. However, our purpose of migrating is not only the money, neither we are expecting much from Canada. I must agree that, before immigrating, I also had the same feeing what everyone has, that is " It will never happen to me, and I am something special" Here in Canada I met so many highly qualified professionals who are engaged in survival jobs for years and lost the hope of returning to their own field again and I think I am also standing in same the line (Having eng. degree from reputed university, MBA from USA, LEED AP, PMP etc., and worked in four diffent countries). Now I have realized that, immigrating is mostly not for us, but for our kids.

For those who are migrating from third world countries, and those who have nothing to lose, believe me Canada is heaven for them. For example, consider a well settled university professor working in a poor third world country and drawing a handsome salary say US$500-$1000 per month (it is way to much in their respective countries) where thousabds are dying daily due to warfare, no pure water to drink, no healthcare system, no or very less electricty, most of the population is dying due to starvation and desease, no hope for the future of their children, returning home after everyday work is like winning a race, there is no guaranty of life and security. When such pepole migrate to Canada can draw @ $2000 per month even by working as a security guard and gets @ $700-1000 an average per month as child benefit if he has 2-3 kids. Canada is really heaven for such people. If the next person in family is lucky to find a job, that money can be saved.

However, those who migrate from developing/ developed countries, they have much to loose and go mad/depressed when the things (mostly the job) never turned out their way. They must trade off between positive and negative aspects of migrating and be ready to do a lot of sacrifices if they need to do so. And remember, before boarding a plane to Canada, don't forget to leave your ego at your home country, and if you can't do it, don't immigrate. Nonetheless, if you are among those lucky people who land a job in their own field, you will never repent for comming to Canada.

ms110

Oct 23, 2011
Hello,
I'm student in iran, my majority is Computer Enginner,i look for a job in canada, if
sb can help me please send me a message.
Thank U!!!