+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JAPAN - Police Certificate - Translated?

prezdork

Star Member
Oct 19, 2016
Hi there,

I have a question regarding police certificates.

We have received it from Japan but we have been told that it should remain sealed upon submission, otherwise it'd be considered invalid.

But it says that any documents not in English and French must be translated?

And I looked at the CIC website regarding how to obtain police certificates in Japan, it says, "You do not need to have your certificate translated" at the very bottom???

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Saying they want it sealed, and CIC saying you do not have to translate it, overrides the usual rule about getting anything not in English or French translated. Send it in as it is, sealed.

mcharade

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
14-10-2016
File Transfer...
24-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Aug. 2016
prezdork said:
Hi there,

I have a question regarding police certificates.

We have received it from Japan but we have been told that it should remain sealed upon submission, otherwise it'd be considered invalid.

But it says that any documents not in English and French must be translated?

And I looked at the CIC website regarding how to obtain police certificates in Japan, it says, "You do not need to have your certificate translated" at the very bottom???
The Japanese police certificate comes in both Japanese and English. You may open it as well, in fact, I recommend you do and scan a copy for yourself. I did this; I have already been approved for PR.

EDIT for clarity: It's only the Japanese consulate that will say not to unseal the envelope. This is actually common for police certificates. CIC isn't going to care.

ahmedmorra

Aug 10, 2017
The Japanese police certificate comes in both Japanese and English. You may open it as well, in fact, I recommend you do and scan a copy for yourself. I did this; I have already been approved for PR.

EDIT for clarity: It's only the Japanese consulate that will say not to unseal the envelope. This is actually common for police certificates. CIC isn't going to care.
Can I apply for Police Certificate at the nearest Japanese Embassy before geeting ITA?

Kemzola

May 4, 2018
How long did the processing take after submitting your full application in Japan and did you have to travel to Manila, Philippines to get the PR visa as i heard it's not issued here in Japan

EDIT for clarity: It's only the Japanese consulate that will say not to unseal the envelope. This is actually common for police certificates. CIC isn't going to care.[/QUOTE]