+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Congrats, do you know when was ur SS started ?
Thanks! Not sure, they removed a bunch of info from Security page in ATIP notes, so it's pretty much blank, but criminality was done March 13 last year. I wonder if they've finally started working through that awful backlog from last March, and more people stuck in the same Limbo should hear back soon

Danycad

Oct 24, 2023
Thanks! Not sure, they removed a bunch of info from Security page in ATIP notes, so it's pretty much blank, but criminality was done March 13 last year. I wonder if they've finally started working through that awful backlog from last March, and more people stuck in the same Limbo should hear back soon
Tell me abt it.. Sigh

I guess ur SS would be sometime when u were asked for FP request.
Its in CBSA notes, not IRCC.

If you’re paper applicant, it also appear on the last line on ECAS.

but glad you’ve gone through. Rest of the process should be fast

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Tell me abt it.. Sigh

I guess ur SS would be sometime when u were asked for FP request.
Its in CBSA notes, not IRCC.

If you’re paper applicant, it also appear on the last line on ECAS.

but glad you’ve gone through. Rest of the process should be fast
I've heard so many people saying once BG is done, the rest goes really fast....well, 2 months has passed since my BG finally completed and just radio silence...

Danycad

Oct 24, 2023
I've heard so many people saying once BG is done, the rest goes really fast....well, 2 months has passed since my BG finally completed and just radio silence...
Not always but in most cases.
it also depends if u’ve crossed the 14-15 months processing time or not.

Reactions: Anonyref

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
I think most if not all people in the January 2023 thread has reached the 14th month mark
I just visited this forum today and it's strange that there are folks who still are waiting for 14 months - hang in there you will soon cross the finish line

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hi Jan 2023 applicants. Those of us who are still waiting, I wanted to let you all know that you are not alone. I’m still stuck at LPP statused as Not started and I gave my test last year March. We’ll get through this hopefully sooner than later.
Have you tried to call or get your MP office to help? I just wonder what answers did people get from IRCC

Anonyref

May 3, 2020
Have you tried to call or get your MP office to help? I just wonder what answers did people get from IRCC
I did contact my MP. His response from IRCC is that my file is in the local office (Scarborough which is also where I am from) for further verification and it is a non-routine file. He was asking me if I have a criminal record or anything of that kind, which I do not.
Called IRCC as well a couple weeks ago and agent told me my file was non-routine.
Then, plot twist, called IRCC 2 days ago to get a status update, and agent sent a notification to my processing office to let them know application has surpassed the regular processing time. Did not mention anything about my application being non routine.
My LPP is statused as not started. I know an officer didn’t even touch my file yet.

zain ahmed

Apr 7, 2013
can anyone tell me the contact number and best time for contacting IRCC for my citizenship application?

below is my timeline and I am worried.

Processing Office - SCR
App - single
App Submitted - mar 26, 2023
AOR - May 15, 2023
BGC -in progress
Test Completed - June 8, 2023
Ghost Update - Oct 27, 2023
LPP Completed - inprogress

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
can anyone tell me the contact number and best time for contacting IRCC for my citizenship application?

below is my timeline and I am worried.

Processing Office - SCR
App - single
App Submitted - mar 26, 2023
AOR - May 15, 2023
BGC -in progress
Test Completed - June 8, 2023
Ghost Update - Oct 27, 2023
LPP Completed - inprogress
First, you are in the wrong thread, try the March 2023 one.
Second, you are not up to the 14th month yet, so IRCC isn't going to do much even if you called.

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
I did contact my MP. His response from IRCC is that my file is in the local office (Scarborough which is also where I am from) for further verification and it is a non-routine file. He was asking me if I have a criminal record or anything of that kind, which I do not.
Called IRCC as well a couple weeks ago and agent told me my file was non-routine.
Then, plot twist, called IRCC 2 days ago to get a status update, and agent sent a notification to my processing office to let them know application has surpassed the regular processing time. Did not mention anything about my application being non routine.
My LPP is statused as not started. I know an officer didn’t even touch my file yet.
Hmm...I know my file isn't non-routine because none of the items listed on the non-routine page apply to me. May be I should call again and see if I get a better agent answering my call this time around....