+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Anyone still waiting for LPP from Mississauga office. No updates at my end since May. GCMS had nothing useful except primary office as Sydney CPC and secondary Mississauga. Can anyone share a template email to ask Member Parliament? Thanks
Welcome to the party, mine is primary Sydney and secondary Vancouver. I've said it previously in another thread and I'll say it again, I think there's a zombie apocalypse type of scenario going on in that office.

Reactions: Au5

vaneetsp

Sep 27, 2018
Hi,

My application hasnt been touched since March 2023.
My details:
Application submitted on Jan 20, 2023
Background completed on Feb 23, 2023
Last Updated on March 02, 2023
LPP - in progress

Spouse:
Background and LPP - in progress

Not sure the reason of slow processing.
I have sent status request via webform a week back but no response yet. I have applied GCMS notes for both 2 days back. Any tips or suggestions on my application?

Last edited:

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Hi,

My application hasnt been touched since March 2023.
My details:
Background completed on Feb 23, 2023
LPP - in progress

Spouse:
Background and LPP - in progress

Not sure the reason of slow processing.
I have sent status request via webform a week back but no response yet. I have applied GCMS notes for both 2 days back. Any tips or suggestions on my application?
The webform will more than likely not give you any useful responses other than telling you to look at the tracker.
Your GCMS notes should come in around 1-2 months. You may find more information on what's going on with your application, but there's very little that you can do to get it moving.

vaneetsp

Sep 27, 2018
The webform will more than likely not give you any useful responses other than telling you to look at the tracker.
Your GCMS notes should come in around 1-2 months. You may find more information on what's going on with your application, but there's very little that you can do to get it moving.
Thank you for the response.

chris2468

Jan 25, 2023
@admin was invited to take the oath ceremony on October 6th Ceremony took place the 20th i am currently waiting on the digital certificate of citizenship (2-5 business days)

January 10th submission October 20th Oath

Oct 16, 2023
Re-reading your original post, I think you don't actually have anything to worry about yet. I just checked my wife's GCMS notes and hers says Language Evidence Submission: Required, Type of Language Evidence: IELTS. So my reading is that the first status just means you don't have any exemption from providing language evidence and the second describes what category the evidence you gave falls under. As your Certificate doesn't fall into any of the pre-defined buckets, they put it under other.

I think the line you quoted is meant for scenarios where you, for example, studied Psychohistory in Japanese and took a single English class during the program - so it shouldn't be a problem for you. I think where you might get tripped up is if the program is not considered a Secondary or Post Secondary one. But this is just speculation unless they actually flagged it.
Thank you so much for this explanation!!

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Any one got BG completed recent after was waiting for long ..few months, since Finger print requested, or since test request ?
we haven't seen any BG completed for applicants who is Pending BG since January ( Finger print request, test request and market completed )
MY BG pending since April ( Finger print request date ..)

marygbrasil

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Welcome to the party, mine is primary Sydney and secondary Vancouver. I've said it previously in another thread and I'll say it again, I think there's a zombie apocalypse type of scenario going on in that office.
I mean, you can also check other people’s cases here and see if they’re experiencing the same issue? https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/canadian-citizenship-processing-tracker. How weird though, citizenship has been much quicker this year… is it only that office that’s slow?

GoodnewsToday

Apr 28, 2023
Any one got BG completed recent after was waiting for long ..few months, since Finger print requested, or since test request ?
we haven't seen any BG completed for applicants who is Pending BG since January ( Finger print request, test request and market completed ), who is Oct application till May application
MY BG pending since April ( Finger print request date , test request ..)

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Hello everyone,

I've received 5 sets of GCMS notes and had my local MP contact IRCC, but there's been no progress on our application since May 17. Next month marks 6 months post-test, and I'm still hopeful that we'll finish before that milestone. Our file is currently assigned to RC-8090 (Sydney office). Life has been moving forward, and I'm holding up alright because I know many who applied before me are still waiting. Wishing you all the best and I'll keep you updated. Thanks!

Reactions: CABA and SunshineJA

pp24

Star Member
Mar 11, 2022
Hello everyone,

I've received 5 sets of GCMS notes and had my local MP contact IRCC, but there's been no progress on our application since May 17. Next month marks 6 months post-test, and I'm still hopeful that we'll finish before that milestone. Our file is currently assigned to RC-8090 (Sydney office). Life has been moving forward, and I'm holding up alright because I know many who applied before me are still waiting. Wishing you all the best and I'll keep you updated. Thanks!
Did your notes already have an agent assigned to complete your LPP?