+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
I did the test today and I got 20/20 It was easy and straight-forward. Also, my security has been cleared, and I'm waiting for criminality to have my BG completed.

NoCanDo

Sep 21, 2023
We just received a request of a "Notice to Appear" for some sort of interview via Microsoft Teams next week. Does anyone know what that intails?

Thanks in advance
You can search through the forum for other people's experiences but from what I know, this is an interview with an immigration officer. Because they usually ask you to provide copies of every page of your passport(s), my suspicion is that they do this to verify your physical presence, especially if you travelled a lot during the five (5) years eligibility period.

My spouse was scheduled to have this interview in June but she had to reschedule due to travels. She just got a new date 4 months after the first date. I would suggest that you read the letter you received carefully and whatever your circumstance, do not postpone that meeting (unless you want to wait another 4 months for a new date). Good luck, let us know how it goes.

inlandapplicant

Star Member
Mar 24, 2020
Just to give an update
I had my oath last Tuesday, and got the ecertificate the ff.day.

just a question, If I am applying by mail, will I just print copy of e-certficate? Because they said to submit the original.

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Just to give an update
I had my oath last Tuesday, and got the ecertificate the ff.day.

just a question, If I am applying by mail, will I just print copy of e-certficate? Because they said to submit the original.
Yes, just print.

How was the reschedule process for the oath?

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
You can search through the forum for other people's experiences but from what I know, this is an interview with an immigration officer. Because they usually ask you to provide copies of every page of your passport(s), my suspicion is that they do this to verify your physical presence, especially if you travelled a lot during the five (5) years eligibility period.

My spouse was scheduled to have this interview in June but she had to reschedule due to travels. She just got a new date 4 months after the first date. I would suggest that you read the letter you received carefully and whatever your circumstance, do not postpone that meeting (unless you want to wait another 4 months for a new date). Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the reply.

We are all set for the interview next week, when i called the IRCC to ask about the interview, they said that it was very informal and not to worry about it. That was all the information that they could give me which i felt was strange.

We have previous had been requested for copies of our expired passports, the blank pages of our new passports, and the travel itineraries of the two times we left Canada in the last five years. It just seems odd that they have all that and still want an interview but if its part of the process, then so be it. I just found it very odd that when you called the main IRCC contact number, their response was so vague and they said that no comments were put on their side of things so they couldn't tell me very much apart from "not to worry"

Oct 16, 2023
Hello all! I've recently received my GCMS and it states Language Evidence Submission: Required, Type of Language Evidence: Other. Has anyone come across this, and if so, how did they provide more evidence?
Thank you!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thanks for the reply.

We are all set for the interview next week, when i called the IRCC to ask about the interview, they said that it was very informal and not to worry about it. That was all the information that they could give me which i felt was strange.

We have previous had been requested for copies of our expired passports, the blank pages of our new passports, and the travel itineraries of the two times we left Canada in the last five years. It just seems odd that they have all that and still want an interview but if its part of the process, then so be it. I just found it very odd that when you called the main IRCC contact number, their response was so vague and they said that no comments were put on their side of things so they couldn't tell me very much apart from "not to worry"
Good luck with the interview, I guess it's just a formality. Out of curiosity, were you borderline with the residence requirement?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hello all! I've recently received my GCMS and it states Language Evidence Submission: Required, Type of Language Evidence: Other. Has anyone come across this, and if so, how did they provide more evidence?
Thank you!
What evidence did you provide with your application? I assume a lot of people just resubmit what they used for the PRs which, as it doesn't even need to unexpired, should be any easy pass.

Oct 16, 2023
What evidence did you provide with your application? I assume a lot of people just resubmit what they used for the PRs which, as it doesn't even need to unexpired, should be any easy pass.
Thanks for the reply! I used a statement of attainment Certificate I in Security Operations from a nationally recognized training and development institution in Australia. I'm wondering if the issue is that I didn't provide enough evidence, in particular, when CIC states "A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement. "?

aderibs

Oct 27, 2010
Hi all, but has anyone experienced this? I got a new gcms notes, and my category change from GRANT to ATTRIBUTION. Is that a good or bad thing?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thanks for the reply! I used a statement of attainment Certificate I in Security Operations from a nationally recognized training and development institution in Australia. I'm wondering if the issue is that I didn't provide enough evidence, in particular, when CIC states "A single course in an official language is not enough to meet this requirement. "?
Re-reading your original post, I think you don't actually have anything to worry about yet. I just checked my wife's GCMS notes and hers says Language Evidence Submission: Required, Type of Language Evidence: IELTS. So my reading is that the first status just means you don't have any exemption from providing language evidence and the second describes what category the evidence you gave falls under. As your Certificate doesn't fall into any of the pre-defined buckets, they put it under other.

I think the line you quoted is meant for scenarios where you, for example, studied Psychohistory in Japanese and took a single English class during the program - so it shouldn't be a problem for you. I think where you might get tripped up is if the program is not considered a Secondary or Post Secondary one. But this is just speculation unless they actually flagged it.

Reactions: AnonyKaty

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Anyone still waiting for LPP from Mississauga office. No updates at my end since May. GCMS had nothing useful except primary office as Sydney CPC and secondary Mississauga. Can anyone share a template email to ask Member Parliament? Thanks