+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
I completed my oath on Sept 18 with the Mississauga office, I have not been able to download the E-certificate till today. I called CIC severally and they seems to have no clue other than to wait. I would like to know if there are other ways around it.

markito89

Jul 23, 2018
I completed my oath on Sept 18 with the Mississauga office, I have not been able to download the E-certificate till today. I called CIC severally and they seems to have no clue other than to wait. I would like to know if there are other ways around it.
Did you email them again? (same email you sent your oath form to)
if not, do that

Besttee

Star Member
Nov 8, 2020
Did you email them again? (same email you sent your oath form to)
if not, do that
I had done that like 6 times since last week monday, they refused to respond to my emails. It is pathetic! I have raised webform 3 times and they seems to have no clue other than ask me to “wait”

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Any detail they shared about the administrative error?
Yes, it was a mistake by the agent who processed my file; he incorrectly calculated my physical presence days, which made me fall short of the required 1095 days. Therefore, my application was sent to a special department in the Sydney office that handles such cases, but to be reviewed by an officer not an agent. To reach your turn, I had to wait 9 months. Finally, the officer opened my file but he also followed the same mistake made by the agent and cancelled my file, sending me an explanation letter that I was short on days, etc. However, I replied to him with a detailed explanation that he had miscalculated my physical presence days, which left me almost 200+ days short. He replied to me with apologies that it was their mistake and two days later issued a new C number with a new AOR, noting that my file had been transferred to the local office and should be treated as urgent. So hopefully things should go smoothly from here. The only frustrating thing is that I found notes about this issue on the GCMS, and I tried to inform them about it via the call center, web form, and MP channel, but it seems they don't read the messages - it's only one-way communication.

Last edited:

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yes, it was a mistake by the agent who processed my file; he incorrectly calculated my physical presence days, which made me fall short of the required 1095 days. Therefore, my application was sent to a special department in the Sydney office that handles such cases, but to be reviewed by an officer not an agent. To reach your turn, I had to wait 9 months. Finally, the officer opened my file but he also followed the same mistake made by the agent and cancelled my file, sending me an explanation letter that I was short on days, etc. However, I replied to him with a detailed explanation that he had miscalculated my physical presence days, which left me almost 200+ days short. He replied to me with apologies that it was their mistake and two days later issued a new C number with a new AOR, noting that my file had been transferred to the local office and should be treated as urgent. So hopefully things should go smoothly from here. The only reassuring thing is that I found notes about this issue on the GCMS, and I tried to inform them about it via the call center, web form, and MP channel, but it seems they don't read the messages - it's only one-way communication.
Hopefully things should move fast as your file is marked as urgent now.

Reactions: adbcca

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Got GCMS notes for my partner - no change from 28 July to 14 Sep notes

Any idea if this note is standard
CLEARANCE REQUEST(S) RCMP/CSIS: Y

GFLiam

Nov 29, 2016
Yes, it was a mistake by the agent who processed my file; he incorrectly calculated my physical presence days, which made me fall short of the required 1095 days. Therefore, my application was sent to a special department in the Sydney office that handles such cases, but to be reviewed by an officer not an agent. To reach your turn, I had to wait 9 months. Finally, the officer opened my file but he also followed the same mistake made by the agent and cancelled my file, sending me an explanation letter that I was short on days, etc. However, I replied to him with a detailed explanation that he had miscalculated my physical presence days, which left me almost 200+ days short. He replied to me with apologies that it was their mistake and two days later issued a new C number with a new AOR, noting that my file had been transferred to the local office and should be treated as urgent. So hopefully things should go smoothly from here. The only frustrating thing is that I found notes about this issue on the GCMS, and I tried to inform them about it via the call center, web form, and MP channel, but it seems they don't read the messages - it's only one-way communication.
Sounded like a colossal failure, but at least now your case is flagged as urgent...

While some people like myself are still waiting for BG and LPP to even start....

• Sad
Reactions: adbcca

adbcca

Feb 21, 2019
Sounded like a colossal failure, but at least now your case is flagged as urgent...

While some people like myself are still waiting for BG and LPP to even start....
Yeah, after COVID, they have hired too many clerk agents without proper training and working from home without supervision, resulting in a lot of errors and mistakes.

Reactions: Cpwr

Huzaifaikhan

Oct 1, 2023
App type: Single - Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1096
App sent: Feb 11, 2023
App delivered: Feb 16, 2023
AOR: March 30, 2023
In Process: May 18, 2023
Background complete: May 30, 2023

Dec 17, 2022
Type: Paper application
Application: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1106
Application sent: Jan 6, 2023
Delivered: Jan 10, 2023
AOR: Feb 27, 2023
Background verification completed: July 6, 2023
Test invite: July 12, 2023
Test Taken: July 19, 2023
Test completed: July 27, 2023
LPP completed: August 14, 2023
Oath invite: September 19, 2023
Oath/Citizenship Ceremony: September 28, 2023

Watchman2023

Jul 9, 2023
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Scarborough office. I see that my LPP was marked "completed" Sep 28. "Citizenship Ceremony" still says "Not Started". That is the only remaining stage - everything else is completed. Any idea how long it takes between LPP approval and ceremony? Thank you

hotsalsa

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Hi folks! I am still waiting for LPP to be completed and receive the eventual oath ceremony details/confirmation. January applicant ofcourse. Scarborough office.

I have international travel plans in December so I’m hoping that (and will be okay if) the next updates come late, post-December so it doesn’t really interfere with my travel plans. However, as days and weeks go by, and because weird things and obstacles do arise, I might receive an oath ceremony invitation any day now. In that case, what are my options?

I’m aware that I can reach out to IRCC and request a postponement of oath and I’m also aware that in doing so, I might unnecessarily delay my application and final steps even further. But if it’s between choosing to travel and a delayed citizenship, I really don’t mind waiting more because I’m not in a rush to become a citizen. You can see I’ve applied for citizenship pretty late after being eligible.

Scenario 1: Get oath done anytime now
Not enough time to apply for a Canadian passport, surrender Indian passport, apply for Indian Visa/OCI all before December, not to mention the ongoing diplomatic tensions between India and Canada.

Scenario 2: Get oath invite anytime now
Request IRCC to postpone oath because of upcoming, kinda unavoidable travel plans.

Scenario 3: Get oath invite anytime after late December
Successfully complete travel to India in December as an Indian citizen and continue with application/oath upon return.

So long story short, if I absolutely have to travel, my only options are request IRCC to postpone the oath or hope that further updates come after traveling is complete? Am I missing anything else? Thanks!