+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
“My application has been progressing at a slower pace than expected. While a friend of mine, who also applied for citizenship on the same day as I did, received his oath three months ago, my application seems to be stuck at the ‘Test Complete’ stage with no updates since March.

Application Details:

• Application Type: Online
• Application Status: Single
• Office: Vancouver
• Physical Presence Days: 1110 Days
• Application Sent Date: December 19, 2022
• Acknowledgment of Receipt (AOR): February 08, 2023
• Background Check: In progress
• Test Invite Email: February 23, 2023
• Test Date: March 10, 2023
• Test Completed: March 13, 2023
• Language Skills: In progress
• Physical Presence: In progress

I would appreciate any assistance or updates regarding the status of my application.”
A friend of mine applied 3 months after me (I applied Jan, he applied April) and his LPP got completed 2 weeks ago and he is waiting Oath lol while I'm still waiting BG.

We come from the same country, same age and MTL office is processing our applications.

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Application Type: Online
Application: Family 2

Background Check: March 2, 2023
Test Invite Email: March 13, 2023
Test Date: March 20, 2023
Test Completed: April 3, 2023
Language Skills: In progress
Physical Presence: In progress
Prohibitions: In progress

Hi All, Could you share some insights?

My LPP is still in progress and no updates since April 3, 2023. I recently had to renew my home country passport - how should I upload the new passport scans in the online portal or or is there a way to send them a mail to update about this?

Thank you in advance!
Use a web form and update them with the bio pages of your new document.

Reactions: randompenning

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
A friend of mine applied 3 months after me (I applied Jan, he applied April) and his LPP got completed 2 weeks ago and he is waiting Oath lol while I'm still waiting BG.

We come from the same country, same age and MTL office is processing our applications.
Luck of the draw my friend. Lots of April applicants got done in under 4 months. It's unfair, but that's how IRCC operates. We'll get over the line too, hopefully soon! Hang in there :)

Reactions: Keyjoe23

rushi.gada

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2019
Over the weekend I received email instructions to download my citizenship certificate! I’m guessing I’ll get my official oath invite tomorrow or at least by Wednesday. I found it strange the email was sent yesterday (Saturday) and I had opted for a paper certificate because I was a paper applicant.
Congratulations!! It's such a relief to be done with this task of our lives. Waiting to see your ceremony post!

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Any news from Mississauga applicants? last update was June 15 for me and for wife May 4. We both are stuck in LPP.

Last edited:

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
could I trouble you for your full time line?
Name: AmericanWife
Application Type : Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1818
Application: single
Application mailed: January 17, 2023
Application delivered: January 23, 2023
AOR: March 8, 2023
Background complete/In Process ECAS: May 9, 2023
Test invite received: May 17, 2023
Test window: May 22-June 11, 2023
Test taken: May 31, 2023
Test complete: July 4, 2023
LPP complete/Decision Made: July 7, 2023
Email regarding instructions to download oath certificate: July 22, 2023

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
Please don't leave us :D
Any experience with getting the download email before oath invite? How long did you wait between until you got the actual oath email?
I can’t check tracker to see if it’s been scheduled there and have to wait for the actual email which I know comes much closer to ceremony day. I know as of the 18th my ceremony was still “not started” so it moved to “in process” sometime between 19-21st and I got my download email on the 22nd. Judging from a few others in my exact situation the ceremony should be between August 1st-3rd.

Sooner I know the better in case I need to schedule childcare!

Last edited:

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
Any experience with getting the download email before oath invite? How long did you wait between until you got the actual oath email?
I can’t check tracker to see if it’s been scheduled there and have to wait for the actual email which I know comes much closer to ceremony day. I know as of the 18th my ceremony was still “not started” so it moved to “in process” sometime between 19-21st and I got my download email on the 22nd. Judging from a few others in my exact situation the ceremony should be between August 1st-3rd.

Sooner I know the better in case I need to schedule childcare!

What I heard is you can download certificate after oath maybe in a couple of days.

johnsemus

Nov 26, 2022
Anyone know whats going on with the Scarborough Office?

Submitted back in January 27
BG completed on May 17
Completed Citizenship test on June 2nd
Radio Silence on LPP ever since

kalebhushan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2018
Mumbai IN
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04-09-2018
Med's Done....
27-09-2018
Passport Req..
25-01-2019
Anyone know whats going on with the Scarborough Office?

Submitted back in January 27
BG completed on May 17
Completed Citizenship test on June 2nd
Radio Silence on LPP ever since
I completed my test on March 29th and only got my LPP completed last week. So might take a while, have some patience.

Reactions: rushi.gada