+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2023 - Citizenship Applications

PGWWPP

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
congrats! when did you get email instructions to create account and download certificate?
The email with the instructions is sent right when we are scheduled for the ceremony. We can go ahead and register in IRCC portal then. But the form will only be downloadable a few days after the ceremony.

PGWWPP

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
awesome..thank you...one more question - printed copy of digital certificate is good enough for applying Canadian passport?
This one is the only certificate that I have received and looks very official. Has the big colourful logo on top and the signature and everything. Considering the fact that I had the option of either physical certificate mailed or digital certificate and I chose the digital one.

Reactions: canada@2018

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Guys I submitted my FPs a month ago and IRCC keeps telling me that they have not received them and I am not able to reach out RCMP, they don't even respond to their E-mails. Any advise? Is that normal?

When I submitted my FPsI requested that my results should be sent to

Citizenship Official Immigration,
Refugees and Citizenship Canada Citizenship Program - Montreal
1025 Rue Saint-Jacques Montreal,
QC H3C 1G8
Which was the address in the FP request letter. Now idk if I did something wrong or it's normal to have a month of delay until IRCC receives the result, RCMP mention it takes only 3 days + mailing time. We are not in the camel era -_-

Last edited:

dipzy2827

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Toronto CA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello,
The last update on my citizenship application is 18th April for BGC complete, test complete. LPP is still pending/in progress. Is there anyone else facing similar situation. Wonder where my application is stuck or processing so slowly now?
How do we determine which office is processing the application?
Same boat from Apr 3rd :(

tue2017

Oct 6, 2017
Guys I submitted my FPs a month ago and IRCC keeps telling me that they have not received them and I am not able to reach out RCMP, they don't even respond to their E-mails. Any advise? Is that normal?

When I submitted my FPsI requested that my results should be sent to

Which was the address in the FP request letter. Now idk if I did something wrong or it's normal to have a month of delay until IRCC receives the result, RCMP mention it takes only 3 days + mailing time. We are not in the camel era -_-
I submitted my FP on April 12, 2023 and today my Background got completed after 2 months (Mississauga office). So hang in there, You can email RCMP and ask when was your result sent out by providing the DCN they advise of the same in a few days. I have heard it can take 2-3 months for Background/FP to be cleared after FP is submitted.

Reactions: Cpwr

Cpwr

Dec 29, 2020
GTA
I submitted my FP on April 12, 2023 and today my Background got completed after 2 months (Mississauga office). So hang in there, You can email RCMP and ask when was your result sent out by providing the DCN they advise of the same in a few days. I have heard it can take 2-3 months for Background/FP to be cleared after FP is submitted.
@tue2017 May I know when your FP marked as received on your tracker?

Last edited:

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
The email with the instructions is sent right when we are scheduled for the ceremony. We can go ahead and register in IRCC portal then. But the form will only be downloadable a few days after the ceremony.
Hi i would appreciate a more detailed timeline as i am looking to get an urgent passport. in that case can i expect to receive certificate in a day?
does this look like a feasible itinerary? if it is then i should book tickets for day 7 before oath. However i have read that you should not make travel plans till you get ppt. confused totally o_Oo_Oo_O

day 1 - oath
day 2 - receive cert
day 3 - apply for ppt
day 4, 5 - weekend
day 6 - receive ppt
day 7 - flight
Thanks!!!

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
May I know when your FP marked as received on your tracker?
I never had the FP request in tracker. I only received an E-mail.

Some members confirmed to me that sometimes it doesn't appear on the tracket.

This is how my tracker looks like
  • Mar 27, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.
  • Mar 24, 2023

Scheduled for citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between March 24, 2023 and April 13, 2023. Information and instructions will be sent to you.
  • Mar 10, 2023

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
    Citizenship test
    Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress.
  • Feb 1, 2023

Application filed
    We have received your application and have begun to process your application. Information about next steps and required action items will be coming soon.
I received an E-mail from RCMP an hour ago, they said they mailed the results on May 26th to IRCC

Reactions: Cpwr

Birudu

Jul 16, 2018
Completed test last night and received test invite again. Did something similar happened to anyone?

hope it’s just a glitch
Thank you

Americanwife94

Star Member
Jun 5, 2016
so strangely quiet this week again. Maybe they're trying to finalize last year's applications?
I was thinking it has been quiet this week. Most LPP completed in our Jan group have oath date now and the majority of us are waiting for LPP to be completed. Hopefully you’re right and they’re finishing up November/December.
I was very hopeful for a Canada Day ceremony but I’ve given up on that this week.

RandomUser514

Mar 17, 2023
Quebec City
Hi all,

I completed my citizenship ceremony today. It was very emotional (from my side of course). Ceremony process was very smooth. There were around 200 people (and maybe 15-20 people were missing/missed ceremony). It took around 2h30minutes total. Citizenship certificate will be ready in 2 weeks for in person collection.

All the best and good luck y'all!