+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Phalos

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2020
@Frustrated_Trudeau you're welcome.
Ok, now picture is little bit more clear. They have received your application at NDVO, however they did not start processing it actively yet.
Any day now on ECAS you should see "Application Received" changed to "In Process" and line #2 will be "We have started processing xxxx's application on ______"
At which point they will send you an AOR2 email about 5 days later.
Once you get to this stage, you will be in Eligibility+Security stages and get DM within 3 months (or less).

Jessie01

Mar 29, 2020
For applicants from December and January(files transferred to CPC-M), mostly Indian applicants, should we not tweet IRCC regarding the issue. We all are done with our biometrics and moreover, stamping has started in India via 2-way courier service. What is stopping CPC-M to process our applications now?
Applicants (CPC -Ottawa) who applied later have received their pre-arrivals too.
I agree! We should bring their attention to this matter and get their response about the issue.

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
You guys i finally received my GCMS notes response and its 53 pages of mostly non sense pdf. Last 2 pages had a bit of actual notes and even those are nothing new to me like file has been transferred bla bla.. Is this how its supposed to be?! 53 pages full of codes and crap ?!

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
You guys i finally received my GCMS notes response and its 53 pages of mostly non sense pdf. Last 2 pages had a bit of actual notes and even those are nothing new to me like file has been transferred bla bla.. Is this how its supposed to be?! 53 pages full of codes and crap ?!
GCMS notes will tell you all the work done on the applications. Yes, you are correct first 2-3 pages and the last 2-3 pages are more useful than all other.

Reactions: EhsRm

EhsRm

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
GCMS notes will tell you all the work done on the applications. Yes, you are correct first 2-3 pages and the last 2-3 pages are more useful than all other.
Well even those 2 pages are completely misleading. It says the original medical form has not been submitted but then in another page it says its passed. I also called up CIC and they confirmed Medical is passed. The only useful thing i found out is that i was right. They didnt even touch the file since March. Apparently they pick up the file only once 12 months is over and then take another 3/4 months to get to PPR.

Paul09

Dec 3, 2014
Well even those 2 pages are completely misleading. It says the original medical form has not been submitted but then in another page it says its passed. I also called up CIC and they confirmed Medical is passed. The only useful thing i found out is that i was right. They didnt even touch the file since March. Apparently they pick up the file only once 12 months is over and then take another 3/4 months to get to PPR.
As I said, it records all the steps they took to process the file along with a specific date and time, so submitted and passed should have two different dates.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
@Frustrated_Trudeau you're welcome.
Ok, now picture is little bit more clear. They have received your application at NDVO, however they did not start processing it actively yet.
Any day now on ECAS you should see "Application Received" changed to "In Process" and line #2 will be "We have started processing xxxx's application on ______"
At which point they will send you an AOR2 email about 5 days later.
Once you get to this stage, you will be in Eligibility+Security stages and get DM within 3 months (or less).
I have similar timeline. My app was received on Jan 16 and ECAS still says "Application Received". I have 9 weeks left in GC key and agent says criminality is done but security and eligibility hasn't started yet. I am frustrated they haven't even actively working on it since Feb 22. That's 9 months approx.

• Wow
Reactions: Phalos

Frustrated_Trudeau

Nov 14, 2020
Hi everyone on GCkey portal the status of my spouse application changed from "Processing" which had been the status for the past 6+ months to 'Application/Profile updated". My timeline is supposed to be finished by Jan 2021. Does this change in status mean that some form of communication is coming soon or does it mean nothing substantial?

Also, anyone else getting bad gateway error messages logging into their portal?

Reactions: Preenamit

Preenamit

Sep 23, 2020
Hi everyone on GCkey portal the status of my spouse application changed from "Processing" which had been the status for the past 6+ months to 'Application/Profile updated". My timeline is supposed to be finished by Jan 2021. Does this change in status mean that some form of communication is coming soon or does it mean nothing substantial?

Also, anyone else getting bad gateway error messages logging into their portal?
Yes I got the same. Application/ profile updated. But unable to check application status. As it keeps on loading and the page doesn't open up and says bad gateway. I logged in several times today and it's the same every time.

britt_a

Nov 29, 2019
Yes, me too! I was so excited to see an update, but it looks like everyone is getting the same one. Getting 'bad gateway' as well.

Reactions: Preenamit

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I have similar timeline. My app was received on Jan 16 and ECAS still says "Application Received". I have 9 weeks left in GC key and agent says criminality is done but security and eligibility hasn't started yet. I am frustrated they haven't even actively working on it since Feb 22. That's 9 months approx.
I found the security/eligibility parts in gckey to be completely irrelevant and not up to date or indicative of what is actually being done behind the scenes. Neither of those fields were updated AT ALL until the visas/coprs were actually issued (when the entire application showed approved) - not when we got pre-arrival or even the passport request later.

Obviously it's not encouraging that they haven't changed - but them not changing to in process or whatever else (let alone completed) does not necessarily mean anything either.

If you wish to see some indication of steps actually being taken, you may have to order GCMS notes.

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
I found the security/eligibility parts in gckey to be completely irrelevant and not up to date or indicative of what is actually being done behind the scenes. Neither of those fields were updated AT ALL until the visas/coprs were actually issued (when the entire application showed approved) - not when we got pre-arrival or even the passport request later.

Obviously it's not encouraging that they haven't changed - but them not changing to in process or whatever else (let alone completed) does not necessarily mean anything either.

If you wish to see some indication of steps actually being taken, you may have to order GCMS notes.
Thank you for clarifying this!

Reactions: armoured