+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

JANUARY 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Unless you or someone inform ircc you are abroad, they wont find out.
Enjoy your spouse and fly back together, congrats!
If you wish to assume ircc does not have access to exit records, sure.

It seems to me that believing that there will be a ppr soon because there was recently an update is wishful thinking, particularly right now in India.

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

tracyjoyce

Jun 23, 2021
That hopefully once they have a valid police certificate on file, as long as there aren’t any security or criminality concerns, they will make a (likely positive) decision on your file. You’ve already received pre-arrival which is generally accepted to suggest eligibility is passed so barring any other concerns you’re on the right track, although difficult for anyone to give you a timeline with any certainty.

I found this post from the London thread useful in understanding the process, it might be helpful for you. (It says London VO but it seems unlikely any other local VO deviates massively from the general process)
GOOD NEWS!!!!
My boyfriend got his letter requesting his passport last monday from the Vienna office. We are in the UK so only had to send a copy of passport page and new photos, however had to mail all off to Vienna which still hasnt been received and im hoping we enclosed the right envelope for it to be returned. Any ideas how long it takes to get the COPR from here? We are due to fly middle of August :-

Reactions: canadan_

tracyjoyce

Jun 23, 2021
PLEASE HELP!!!!
Finally after 16 months my boyfriend got request for passport. We are in the UK and the Vienna office is processing his file. They requested copy of passport page and new photos which we mailed to Vienna with another envelope for the return (along with royal mail tracking info - they suggested that on immigration email) Just checked today and Vienna still not received the paperwork and its been 9 days.....How long does it usually take to get COPR? Getting a little nervous as we are scheduled to fly to Canada mid August :- Anyone else from Uk and dealing with Vienna and how long the COPR process took once passport request occured? Thanks x

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Any CPC-Mississauga late January 2020 applicant here that still haven't receive any updates lately?

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Hi, I applied late Jan for my wife and haven't got any update since March 2020
I have seen progress for early to mid January 2020 applicants and then this month for early February. This is so depressing.

Adurai

Jul 21, 2021
I have seen progress for early to mid January 2020 applicants and then this month for early February. This is so depressing.
Seems like they have misplaced our applications then! Everyone after and before seems to be getting some updates expect us

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
"I would suggest not to send too many requests to IRCC regarding the application, which may not lead to a positive effect on the processing time of the application." (Email from MP- when I requested for an update)

When did they received your application? Is it also with CPC-M?

rohitsagwal

Star Member
Aug 22, 2016
Does PA needs to fill consent form while sending the passport for Visa? Please share what all forms needs to be filled. PA is from India.

LJayme

Star Member
Feb 2, 2021
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Does PA needs to fill consent form while sending the passport for Visa? Please share what all forms needs to be filled. PA is from India.
Apply for a visa | vfsglobal

Submit passports and other documents

If you have received a notification from the Government of Canada requesting your passport, you have either:
  1. Applied online as E-app or;
  2. You are a Permanent Resident applicant whose application has been finalized and now requires to submit the passport. You’ll have to submit the additional documents and/or passport, along with the request letter issued by the IRCC Office, at the Canada Visa Application Centre of your choice.
You’ll have to pay a Package Transmission service charge while submitting additional documents and/or passport at any Canada Visa Application Centre, unless you visit the same Canada Visa Application Centre where you had initially submitted your biometric information and have not previously submitted additional documents and/or passport to support your current application.
You’ll have to submit the VFS Global Consent Form if you would like additional services at the Visa Application Centre.
  1. In person – You'll have to bring your original passport, along with the passport request letter to the Visa Application Centre. To submit your passport at the Visa Application Centre, you'll have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission.
  2. Through an authorized representative – You'll have to send in your original passport, along with the pre-printed passport request letter and a duly filled VFS Global Consent Form for the authorized representative, to the Visa Application Centre. To submit your passport at the Visa Application Centre, you'll have to pay a service charge for Package Transmission.
For complete details on Visa Application Centre service charges, please click on service charges at the top of this page.
If you are a Permanent Resident applicant, and your application has been finalized, you’ll be instructed to submit your passport, a photograph as per specifications laid down by IRCC, and a completed Appendix B as well. You'll have to check the instructions sent to you for complete information and guidance. Submitting your passport at the Visa Application Centre entails a service charge of Package Transmission fee.
Upon completion of the passport submission process you’ll be provided a receipt in the form of an receipt, indicating the total amount paid based on additional services you have used at the Visa Application Centre. ICR will also contain the application reference number and tracking number which you can use to track the application online.

Upon return of the passport from the Canada Visa Office to the Visa Application Centre, you can either:
  1. Collect the passport in person at the Canada Visa Application Centre. You'll have to bring a valid ID and the receipt issued at the Canada Visa Application Centre at the time of submission.
  2. Authorize someone on your behalf to collect the passport. To do so, you’ll have to complete the VFS Global Consent Form and ensure that your authorized representative brings along his/her valid government issued identification and your valid identification document, along with the receipt issued at the Canada Visa Application Centre, at the time of submission;
  3. Have your passport delivered to your preferred location. You can check the additional services offered at your nearest Visa Application Centre.
Two Way courier services VFS New Delhi - India | Canada Immigration Forum (canadavisa.com) @rohitsagwal

Last edited:
Reactions: rohitsagwal

tiwana2555

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Urgent

We are May 2019 Applicant
NDVO
Got Dm 22nd July 2021
PPR today
Parents already here in Canada
They said do not submit passport if already in Canada
Just send VO delhi a webform to do virtual landing

I did it today
As most of know, I never got a reply from any webform i sent to NDVo since we filled out application

I am hoping for best this time
Does anyone have any idea whats the timeline from now

JV5005

Feb 4, 2021
Hi All, can anyone please help.
My wife received PPR yesterday, and we have to submit few documents with the passport. One of the document is for height and eye color, we are not sure how to prepare this document.
And what isthe RPRF fee amount? I have submitted all the fees in January 2020, and i have 3 different receipts right now, but there is no details on the receipt so not sure which receipt is of RPRF
Can anyone please help?

THANKS

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi All, can anyone please help.
My wife received PPR yesterday, and we have to submit few documents with the passport. One of the document is for height and eye color, we are not sure how to prepare this document.
And what isthe RPRF fee amount? I have submitted all the fees in January 2020, and i have 3 different receipts right now, but there is no details on the receipt so not sure which receipt is of RPRF
Can anyone please help?

THANKS
Does anyone search? Ever? I swear I've answered the question about eye colour and height three times today, and the other at least once.