+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 - citizenship application

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Exactly, considering the processing time is much longer now. Suppose I learnt that my application were lost and I resubmit it immediately, I would probably have to wait for another half a year before they even open my envelope... This is too crazy and I don't want to think about this scenario LOL
i know this is frustrating for everyone that hasn't received their AOR. And its even more frustrating because i know they signed for my application (so i know they received it)...

Reactions: Nova Scotia

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
i just submitted a feedback as well hope it does do something. this is beyond frustrating at this point. and the fact that the application wasn't returned yet makes me more nervous than ever.
Thank you!! :)

There is a CBC journalist posted a message in the Facebook group:
"Hello! Kathleen Harris from CBC News here. I am working on a story about the Liberal campaign promise to eliminate citizenship fees and would like to speak with some people on the fact the fees are still in place. If you would be willing to speak with me please reach out by email at kathleen.harris@cbc.ca. Thanks very much!"

So if any of you guys are interested, please reach out to that journalist and express your concerns regarding the processing delay issue, TBH I don't really care about fees but we need to highlight the real issue.

Reactions: fr72

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Exactly, considering the processing time is much longer now. Suppose I learnt that my application were lost and I resubmit it immediately, I would probably have to wait for another half a year before they even open my envelope... This is too crazy and I don't want to think about this scenario LOL
they should prioritize the application which was submitted before. I am surprised they revived my app on Jan 23, 2020....still I didn't hear anything from them. If they returned by any chance I should have right not but they didn't/. I have the signature which indicate they have received it.

frusty05

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
they should prioritize the application which was submitted before. I am surprised they revived my app on Jan 23, 2020....still I didn't hear anything from them. If they returned by any chance I should have right not but they didn't/. I have the signature which indicate they have received it.
exactly, i have been checking the mail every day to see if they returned my application (and they haven't). so dunno what is going on

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
exactly, i have been checking the mail every day to see if they returned my application (and they haven't). so dunno what is going on
I submitted my application Oct, 2019 and they returned on Jan 12, 2020. when all Oct applicant received their AOR and I didn't receive it.
But now even this time expires.

• Sad

pratik1216

Jun 13, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App submitted Jan 28, 2020
App received Jan 31, 2020
I called IRCC today. The person tried looking up my application and couldn't find anything. He then asked for my fees receipt number starting with 'R...'. He found that no application is attached to my fees receipt yet. This could mean either they have not opened my file or they have opened the file and found something incomplete (Hope not!!).

He suggested I should wait for a week to receive AOR on the registered email address or call back.

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017
I called IRCC today. The person tried looking up my application and couldn't find anything. He then asked for my fees receipt number starting with 'R...'. He found that no application is attached to my fees receipt yet. This could mean either they have not opened my file or they have opened the file and found something incomplete (Hope not!!).

He suggested I should wait for a week to receive AOR on the registered email address or call back.
I am wondering look like bunch of Jan, 2020 applicants AOR is due.
Wondering how their FCFS wroks

Speechless

Star Member
May 18, 2017

that means they are working on Feb applicants. earlier someone was saying they are working on before Jan 14, 2020.

masood8

Oct 3, 2013
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-01-2011
Doc's Request.
20-03-2011
IELTS Request
Along File
Med's Request
05-11-2013
Med's Done....
10-12-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 05-10-2014 & PPR2 17-11-2014 (Submitted: 18-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2015
LANDED..........
29-June-2015
I don't see any more AOR for Jan2020 applications, they suddenly jumped to Feb and picking random applications with different dates.
Don't know what's going on here.

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
I don't see any more AOR for Jan2020 applications, they suddenly jumped to Feb and picking random applications with different dates.
Don't know what's going on here.
I think they are just processing applications who have to re-submit applications due to their applications being returned as incomplete ...

• Haha
Reactions: Das67

Nova Scotia

Star Member
Jul 13, 2020
We should now save any evidences that can prove our applications were received by them in January (such as the tracking record and signature), just in case they cannot find our applications eventually. Then probably these evidences can help our applications to be processed faster, if we have to resubmit them due to IRCC's fault... This is just the worst case scenario...

• Wow
Reactions: Speechless