+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

***>>> January 2020 AOR <<<***

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
It's been more than two weeks that we submitted a webform with renewed passport information. Does IRCC send an acknowledgment after updating their records?

matteosc

Apr 6, 2020
It's been more than two weeks that we submitted a webform with renewed passport information. Does IRCC send an acknowledgment after updating their records?
They will send you a message acknowledging that they received a document. In these days this could take up to a month.

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
My family and I appeared for medicals on 31-Dec-2019 and it was updated with IRCC on 29-Jan-2020.
One year later [after 31-Dec-2020] , the message - you passed medicals on " 29-Jan-2020 " - disappeared from my profile.
Under review of medical results , it says -
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
I haven't received any communication from IRCC regarding extension of medicals or need to re-do the same.

What happens now ? Has anyone come across this situation ?

Thanks.

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
My family and I appeared for medicals on 31-Dec-2019 and it was updated with IRCC on 29-Jan-2020.
One year later [after 31-Dec-2020] , the message - you passed medicals on " 29-Jan-2020 " - disappeared from my profile.
I haven't received any communication from IRCC regarding extension of medicals or need to re-do the same.

Thanks.
This usually happens when your medical expire and they send it for extension review. If the review is positive they will update your profile that you have pass the medical exam with the new date, i.e "you passed medicals on 04-Jan-2021 " assuming the result come back today.

This happened to me too.

Reactions: mlcanada

jazz_77

Oct 2, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have a question. My AOR is 27 feb 2020. My country of residence is US and Nationality is India. I was on a call with an IRCC agent and he mentioned that my application is sent from Sydney office to Ottawa local office because the officer could not verify if i meet the eligibility for FSW program. The application is in the queue with the Ottawa local office for another officer to look at the application. What does this mean and should i be worried or prepared for anything? Thank you in advance for your response.

mlcanada

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
This usually happens when your medical expire and they send it for extension review. If the review is positive they will update your profile that you have pass the medical exam with the new date, i.e "you passed medicals on 04-Jan-2021 " assuming the result come back today.

This happened to me too.
Thanks a lot for response. Generally how many months of extension do you get for medicals ?

hopefulnewbie

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Thanks a lot for response. Generally how many months of extension do you get for medicals ?
It didn't mentioned for how long. I read some people say 6months some 12months. You will find out once your application get approved or if you order GCMS.

I don't know how long mine is extended for. What happened with me is that I got the extension and Application Decision same day!

I'm waiting for my passport to get stamp so I can know how long it got extended.

Here is what happened with me for reference:

AOR: Jan 17, 2020
Visa Office: Montreal
Medical Pass: Jan 30, 2020
Biometrics Received: Feb 18, 2020
Eligibility in RR: Got to know via agent call and GCMS note that it is because job duties don't match NOC
Proactively submitted request to change NOC: June 27, 2020 (I think this wasn't considered as I was requested to submit another work reference)
Medical sent for extension review : December 03, 2020
ADR request: December 03, 2020 (request is for POF and new work reference letter to match NOC)
ADR submitted: December 07, 2020
ADR changed to Not Applicable: December 15, 2020
Medical Extended/Pass: December 15, 2020
Application Approved: December 15, 2020 (via agent call)
PPR: December 17, 2020

Ladyinblack

Oct 14, 2020
I live in melbourne, All the criteria has been passed since may 2020, after that its been 8 months now all my gcms notes show that my file was last opened on may 2020.
Why haven't i been issued ppr when everything is passed? And why arent they opening my file since 8 months
@legalfalcon Please give some input Thankyou!!

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
I live in melbourne, All the criteria has been passed since may 2020, after that its been 8 months now all my gcms notes show that my file was last opened on may 2020.
Why haven't i been issued ppr when everything is passed? And why arent they opening my file since 8 months
@legalfalcon Please give some input Thankyou!!
Most applications are experiencing delays. This is largely due to IRCC experiencing massive backlogs and operational difficulties due to COVID.

It all has to be do with IRCC and the processing delays at their offices. In the recent meeting of the Parliamentary Committee on Immigration and Citizenship, the deputy minister has acknowledged the delays. Also, recently additional financial resources have been allocated to IRCC to tackle COVID.

Another reason is that many applications are pending approval as even if the PPR is issued, you may not be exempt from travel restrictions.

To read the transcript of the meetings, see https://www.ourcommons.ca/DocumentViewer/en/43-2/CIMM/meeting-10/evidence

Snagh

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020

Thanks.
We appeared for our medical on Dec 30, 2019 and as per GCMS notes, its validity was till 3-Jan-2021. However, I still haven't got any update on my profile and medical still shows "Jan 27, 2020 You passed the medical exam."

So, it's definitely a positive sign in terms of movement in your application. If all goes well, you might get an extension without needing remedical.

aseemrastogi2

Feb 16, 2019

Thanks.
For me about 2 weeks post the medical expiry, I called IRCC where they confirmed the extension. But on login I still see the medicals as expired. So you could call IRCC and confirm.