Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
Now I see what happed as

Such a bit of bad luck! Don't give up. If they refuse to reconsider your application try some visa. I don't know what nationality you are but Canada has several types of visas. I was even considering recognized organization type of visa - expensive, but it can get you here and you can apply as inland!
Nationality is Indian.

Just asking,if you too already had a job offer.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Thanks for going through my posts and understanding my situation here. Really appreciate that.
Yes, it was mentioned in my profile because I didnt get the time to remove it and didnt want to change anything after the NOI but I have provided a letter of explanation along with all the details.
Seems like luck has played it hard with me as the withdrawal of offer email from my prospective employer and NOI were just 1 hour apart.
I will try to send the EOI for reconsideration. Lets see what they come back with
Thanks for explaining. And email/NOI just an hour apart ... what bad luck! The trajectory for the economy in Alberta is pretty unclear at the moment, though perhaps the employer was concerned enough not to hire new people. If there’s any chance that they’ve changed their mind to hire again or that they’d support you with PR, then maybe a letter from the company to explain (basically to reinstate job offer ... withdraw their earlier withdrawal). I wonder if that’s the only way to get them to re-activate your current NOI? If you were given a name at AINP in email then could try contacting them direct, or failing that then ring up?

NOCs 2171/2173/2174 are all in high demand in Alberta based on Alis website (couldn’t see 2172 but maybe I missed it). Not sure if you have work experience in these too. But again perhaps these are going to need a job offer (or other connection to Alberta) to get NOI, at least based on recent few months. Though in past apparently outland without connections/offer have got NOI/nomination.

Hope find a way forward.

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
Thanks for explaining. And email/NOI just an hour apart ... what bad luck! The trajectory for the economy in Alberta is pretty unclear at the moment, though perhaps the employer was concerned enough not to hire new people. If there’s any chance that they’ve changed their mind to hire again or that they’d support you with PR, then maybe a letter from the company to explain (basically to reinstate job offer ... withdraw their earlier withdrawal). I wonder if that’s the only way to get them to re-activate your current NOI? If you were given a name at AINP in email then could try contacting them direct, or failing that then ring up?

NOCs 2171/2173/2174 are all in high demand in Alberta based on Alis website (couldn’t see 2172 but maybe I missed it). Not sure if you have work experience in these too. But again perhaps these are going to need a job offer (or other connection to Alberta) to get NOI, at least based on recent few months. Though in past apparently outland without connections/offer have got NOI/nomination.

Hope find a way forward.
Tried to reach out to my employer earlier to support me in the nomination. The hiring manager was really nice but they couldn't get the management approval. I will try to reach out to them again to check if the freeze has been lifted.

Many thanks for being so helpful here. I would certainly want to meet you if ever I get there :)

Iram Sayed

Feb 6, 2020
Those who have got their NOI on 20th February 2020, can you guys tell us the date of creation of your express entry profile. This will help us to gauge our possibilities

Sukh_3$

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Those who have got their NOI on 20th February 2020, can you guys tell us the date of creation of your express entry profile. This will help us to gauge our possibilities
I got NOI on 21 feb ( according to me and it is mention on the NOI pdf as well) as my agent told me on 21 feb about the NOI and i created my EE profile on 28 jan 2020 . Document received by ainp on 10 march 2020 and received file number today ( 11 march 2020)

Reactions: ingoingoingo

Iram Sayed

Feb 6, 2020
I got NOI on 21 feb ( according to me and it is mention on the NOI pdf as well) as my agent told me on 21 feb about the NOI and i created my EE profile on 28 jan 2020 . Document received by ainp on 10 march 2020 and received file number today ( 11 march 2020)
Thanks for your reply

Can you please help us to understand, if the express entry profile is created on 7th February 2020, by when can we expect our NOI from Alberta considering the trend so far?

Reactions: Hemilshah80

sirat5

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
We all know the feeling, sitting home helpless..but the process is pretty much straightforward and if you have a good consultant you have nothing to be worried about.
congrats to you!!
Thanks so much everyone for your messages. It’s definitely an AINP family here! Will definitely stay with the forum ... today was just the next step in another 6+ month journey. Sounds great to meet up some day for a Tim Horton’s, a Cesar at Stampede, or something else suitably Canadian!

Sounds like good news should come soon @MatAb. My boss let me know he was contacted by email, he had responded within 5 min. My emails from IRCC and AINP officer arrived 20 min and 24 min respectively after their message to my boss. So they should get back to you soon!

The updated AINP website is usually a good sign as you say @Ajnim. Finally officially confirmed the Feb 20 draw after 3 weeks. Wishing everyone good luck.

Also have never mentioned the Alis website, though others have. Link is https://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/occupations-in-alberta/occupations-in-demand/. The ones listed as being in high demand, medium demand etc are slightly different to the PDF on Alberta government site that I’ve linked before. Perhaps the Alis site is more up-to-date. As has been said ... no-one really knows who gets nomination, why or when (sometimes seems not even the good folks at AINP ;)). But important things seem to be: completing your EE profile correctly, having an NOC in demand (doesn’t have to be “high”), not being on the excluded NOC list, having connection to Alberta through work/study/family (though hopefully this will change soon for outland applicants). And another important thing is to try not to lose hope on the way! May there be lots of draws in March and the coming months, and best of luck with your journeys.
Thanks so much everyone for your messages. It’s definitely an AINP family here! Will definitely stay with the forum ... today was just the next step in another 6+ month journey. Sounds great to meet up some day for a Tim Horton’s, a Cesar at Stampede, or something else suitably Canadian!

Sounds like good news should come soon @MatAb. My boss let me know he was contacted by email, he had responded within 5 min. My emails from IRCC and AINP officer arrived 20 min and 24 min respectively after their message to my boss. So they should get back to you soon!

The updated AINP website is usually a good sign as you say @Ajnim. Finally officially confirmed the Feb 20 draw after 3 weeks. Wishing everyone good luck.

Also have never mentioned the Alis website, though others have. Link is https://alis.alberta.ca/occinfo/occupations-in-alberta/occupations-in-demand/. The ones listed as being in high demand, medium demand etc are slightly different to the PDF on Alberta government site that I’ve linked before. Perhaps the Alis site is more up-to-date. As has been said ... no-one really knows who gets nomination, why or when (sometimes seems not even the good folks at AINP ;)). But important things seem to be: completing your EE profile correctly, having an NOC in demand (doesn’t have to be “high”), not being on the excluded NOC list, having connection to Alberta through work/study/family (though hopefully this will change soon for outland applicants). And another important thing is to try not to lose hope on the way! May there be lots of draws in March and the coming months, and best of luck with your journeys.
congratulations!!

sanket203

Sep 21, 2019
I created my profile in December with crs 390 and noc 2175. I don't understand why I haven't got NOI. I am not sure if noc 2175 is in demand also did you have any connection in Alberta?

kingdomchild

Star Member
Oct 11, 2019
I may have used this term a bit vaguely. There are so many people spreading rumours like, AINP wont issue any NOI since the O&G business is down. Govt officials are on leave so no one is processing papers or issuing NOI due to COVID-19, and many more.
I was told the same thing by an immigration consultant company regarding the O&G business going down. He said that Alberta economy is extremely poor and housing prices have doomed and due to this the creation of jobs look negative. In addition, he stated that if Alberta draws happen in the future, the processing time would be close to a year because Alberta doesn't require immigration at least in the near future. I don't know how true this is.

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Nationality is Indian.

Just asking,if you too already had a job offer.
When I got my first WP I didn't have any job offer, when I applied for my second one I had bcs I have an employer specific visa.

RO visa are expensive (5000$) but it gives you one year to figure everything out and it's open visa. There definitely different ways how to get here (LMIA?). This one is expensive but it's the only one I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: ainp2020

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
I was told the same thing by an immigration consultant company regarding the O&G business going down. He said that Alberta economy is extremely poor and housing prices have doomed and due to this the creation of jobs look negative. In addition, he stated that if Alberta draws happen in the future, the processing time would be close to a year because Alberta doesn't require immigration at least in the near future. I don't know how true this is.
Those are just speculations for now. I'll give you one advice which I got from my consultant: just focus on the things you can influence and don't worry about "what ifs..". Bcs I was the same, speculating all the time. Btw. as far as I know regular processing time for AINP (AOS) is over one year now (around 15 months). So one year doesn't sound that bad.
Alberta economy is poor but we're talking more about Alberta government, which is broken poor, that won't affect immigration.