+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2020 AINP NOI

MariaBR

Aug 25, 2019
Hi, I am looking for people in the same situation as me. Does anyone working in Canada with a work permit have a timeline on how much it takes to receive the PPR after the PN #?

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Hi, I am looking for people in the same situation as me. Does anyone working in Canada with a work permit have a timeline on how much it takes to receive the PPR after the PN #?
Hello Maria,
a timeline should be similar to a regular express entry application i.e. +-6 months. A friend of mine got it in 4 months but he went directly through an EE threshold and not a nomination (he's younger, smarter:)..). A bridging WP was issued in 1,5 month.

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
@wjillm @ingoingoingo can you please share the emailid from which your employer has received the email. I will check with my boss if he has received any since he doesnt know my plans to immigrate I need to be extra careful.

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
I have just received the rejection because of no job offer from Alberta. I am not sure if its an requirement. Can anyone guide me on this please

ansh2309

Star Member
Jan 28, 2020
My current manager. But it is the person whose details I gave on the AINP012 form, so depends on what you’ve declared. I do not believe my previous non-Canadian employers were contacted.
[/QUOTE
I have just received the rejection because of no job offer from Alberta. I am not sure if its an requirement. Can anyone guide me on this please
How they can reject. They know before that you don't have job offer and issue you the NOI after knowing that

Reactions: sirat5

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
@wjillm @ingoingoingo can you please share the emailid from which your employer has received the email. I will check with my boss if he has received any since he doesnt know my plans to immigrate I need to be extra careful.
Dear xxx,
RE: Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) - Express Entry Stream
Candidate: xxx
Application: #xxx
The Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) is assessing an application/submission for nomination for permanent residence to Canada through the Alberta Express Entry Stream for a current employee of yours, xxx, who indicated that he/she is currently employed with <Employer> in <City, AB> since <Date> in a <Post>.
Can you please confirm that xxx is currently employed with <Employer> and is performing <Duties of Post>.
Please provide the following information to me at the AINP office at my email address listed below as soon as possible before <time/date 2d later>.
Regards,

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
How they can reject. They know before that you don't have job offer and issue you the NOI after knowing that
I had a job offer but its not there anymore. But since it was not a requirement I am not sure why it was rejected.

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
My employer was not contacted. But I informed them about my will to immigrate and if they don't mind to support me. No issue with that. It's a win-win situation for both sides (we have a high fluctuation of employees). They know I have to stick around until the end of my immigration. Is there any issue with your employer? Seems like that. Maybe that's the reason for rejection? Got contacted and refused to confirm anything? Just guessing now.

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
My employer was not contacted. But I informed them about my will to immigrate and if they don't mind to support me. No issue with that. It's a win-win situation for both sides (we have a high fluctuation of employees). They know I have to stick around until the end of my immigration. Is there any issue with your employer? Seems like that. Maybe that's the reason for rejection? Got contacted and refused to confirm anything? Just guessing now.
It was due to a job offer from Alberta which I dont have

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Oh no! So sorry to hear that @ainp2020.
Was checking back and think you’re outland with NOC 2172, CRS 356 and NOI on Jan 22 draw. And am I right that you did have a job offer in Calgary AB but then this was withdrawn due to a hiring freeze at company?

I saw above that @Jaya786 also had AINP rejected for no job offer. Don’t know what happened with appeal? Maybe there’s other cases too but haven’t searched all the forums.

Have also found your forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ainp-noi-received-but-job-offer-withdrawn.675083/ and discussion with @Mike@2019. It sounds like you must have received the NOI on Jan 22 because at that point you had mentioned a job offer in your EE profile. Is that right? Did you decide to modify your EE profile to remove the job offer or include LoE to explain situation to AINP?

(as an aside, I have a job offer in Alberta too that continues with same employer after my current post that is LMIA exempt but would not count for CRS points in federal profile as not yet worked for employer for 12 months ... in fact, I included a LoE with my AINP application to explain that didn’t yet count for CRS but as far as could tell from AINP criteria that would be considered a job offer)

I now understand why you wanted to know if prospective employer in Calgary would be contacted. Did you find out if they had been? Is there any chance of them lifting the job freeze?

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Was checking back and think you’re outland with NOC 2172, CRS 356 and NOI on Jan 22 draw. And am I right that you did have a job offer in Calgary AB but then this was withdrawn due to a hiring freeze at company?

I saw above that @Jaya786 also had AINP rejected for no job offer. Don’t know what happened with appeal? Maybe there’s other cases too but haven’t searched all the forums.

Have also found your forum https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/ainp-noi-received-but-job-offer-withdrawn.675083/ and discussion with @Mike@2019. It sounds like you must have received the NOI on Jan 22 because at that point you had mentioned a job offer in your EE profile. Is that right? Did you decide to modify your EE profile to remove the job offer or include LoE to explain situation to AINP?

(as an aside, I have a job offer in Alberta too that continues with same employer after my current post that is LMIA exempt but would not count for CRS points in federal profile as not yet worked for employer for 12 months ... in fact, I included a LoE with my AINP application to explain that didn’t yet count for CRS but as far as could tell from AINP criteria that would be considered a job offer)

I now understand why you wanted to know if prospective employer in Calgary would be contacted. Did you find out if they had been? Is there any chance of them lifting the job freeze?
So my guess is that AINP think the NOI was issued on the basis of you having a valid job offer. For whatever reason, unfortunately you didn’t have the job offer any more. So although some people do get NOI/nomination without job offer, if your profile hadn’t included a job offer then maybe you wouldn’t have got NOI in that round based on other criteria. Is this what they said? Certainly worth contacting the officer first to confirm.

If they say NOI withdrawn and no chance for nomination under that EOI, then I’m not sure of your options. Probably need to make a new EE profile? And reach out to that employer again for job offer?

But do let us know if got something wrong. Would like to be able to help if possible. Just not sure what other options would be.

Reactions: ainp2020

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta

Thanks for going through my posts and understanding my situation here. Really appreciate that.
Yes, it was mentioned in my profile because I didnt get the time to remove it and didnt want to change anything after the NOI but I have provided a letter of explanation along with all the details.
Seems like luck has played it hard with me as the withdrawal of offer email from my prospective employer and NOI were just 1 hour apart.
I will try to send the EOI for reconsideration. Lets see what they come back with

wjillm

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Thanks for going through my posts and understanding my situation here. Really appreciate that.
Yes, it was mentioned in my profile because I didnt get the time to remove it and didnt want to change anything after the NOI but I have provided a letter of explanation along with all the details.
Seems like luck has played it hard with me as the withdrawal of offer email from my prospective employer and NOI were just 1 hour apart.
I will try to send the EOI for reconsideration. Lets see what they come back with
Such a bit of bad luck! Don't give up. If they refuse to reconsider your application try some visa. I don't know what nationality you are but Canada has several types of visas. I was even considering recognized organization type of visa - expensive, but it can get you here and you can apply as inland!

Last edited:

ainp2020

Star Member
Jan 23, 2020
Category........
AINP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
Alberta
Alberta job offer
Candidates must have a full-time permanent job offer from an Alberta employer. Information included with
the expression of interest does not support that you have a valid full-time permanent job offer. The IRCC
definition of a Valid Job Offer is as follows:

Federal Skilled Workers and
Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:
 made by one employer
 continuous
 paid
 full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
 for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
o not seasonal
 in a job that is NOC:
o Skill Type 0 or