+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

Fhendi

Jul 10, 2019
I have only had to file one stolen report with police before but I had to tell them everything stolen. You should definitely make sure PR card is explicitly defined.

And, as they can be very valuable in wrong hands, tell IRCC so they can cancel it!
I tried calling them everyday, but same answer "expercing high volume of calls" I couldn't get hold of anyone, I emailed and even created a thread. Still cant talk to anyone.

alinech

Jan 10, 2019
I tried calling them everyday, but same answer "expercing high volume of calls" I couldn't get hold of anyone, I emailed and even created a thread. Still cant talk to anyone.
u just apply to renew/replace (it takes 16 days) and in the application you tick that the pr card was stolen

alinech

Jan 10, 2019
also for stolen pr cards u need to submit:
  • a solemn declaration if your PR card was lost, stolen, destroyed or you didn’t receive it within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
this declaration form is available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
u just apply to renew/replace (it takes 16 days) and in the application you tick that the pr card was stolen
The time varies, it lists 16 days at the moment, but I know a couple of people waiting longer (like a month to be told they're missed a signature). I also know people who got it in about a week earlier this year. It tends to be that time from applications received and opened too (a bit like how AOR can be a long time after received).

Report it as stolen, ensure you do the solemn declaration above. Whether or not you want to get a new one depends on plans or likelihood of need to leave country in the next few months (test->oath can be 3-4 months, then 2 days + more time to get a passport or cost to get urgently).

Fhendi

Jul 10, 2019
also for stolen pr cards u need to submit:
  • a solemn declaration if your PR card was lost, stolen, destroyed or you didn’t receive it within 180 days of immigrating to Canada.
this declaration form is available here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/solemn-declaration-lost-stolen-destroyed-never-received-permanent-resident-card.html
Will do this today. May I ask you though, why would someone file this ? ( They don't want to renew PR )
as of now my only concern is my citizenship test, since they asked me to show up with my PR card.

alinech

Jan 10, 2019
Will do this today. May I ask you though, why would someone file this ? ( They don't want to renew PR )
as of now my only concern is my citizenship test, since they asked me to show up with my PR card.
If you do not want a new PR Card right away, you must submit a solemn declarationthat states that your PR Card was lost or stolen. To make a declaration, use a Solemn Declaration form (IMM 5451).

https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/consumer-protection/lost-or-stolen-identification/what-if-my-permanent-resident-pr-card-is-lost-or-stolen/

you can also call The IRCC Call Centre number is 1-888-242-2100.

sorry but it was stolen 4 months ago why wait until last second? when you lose something especially like identity cards, credit cards you report it the same day. oversight from you or i dnt know. just google the alternatives. the above is quiet clear. you can just call the ircc and wait until they pick up.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
The best way to reach them is Twitter. But, you can't share personal details and they can't resolve specific case / issue through twitter.
You must have followed this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace.html as soon as you lost your PR card.

Fhendi

Jul 10, 2019
If you do not want a new PR Card right away, you must submit a solemn declarationthat states that your PR Card was lost or stolen. To make a declaration, use a Solemn Declaration form (IMM 5451).

https://settlement.org/ontario/daily-life/consumer-protection/lost-or-stolen-identification/what-if-my-permanent-resident-pr-card-is-lost-or-stolen/

you can also call The IRCC Call Centre number is 1-888-242-2100.

sorry but it was stolen 4 months ago why wait until last second? when you lose something especially like identity cards, credit cards you report it the same day. oversight from you or i dnt know. just google the alternatives. the above is quiet clear. you can just call the ircc and wait until they pick up.
Because I did report it to the police. But in the police report it says "wallet" doesn't actually state the PR card. then I went to registry and the lady was like, oh you dont need to apply for it since you getting your citizenship . Go figure.

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
I wish I have the time. My test is in 19 days. By the time I have it shipped I dont think Ill get it back in time.
For test, proof you have reported is as stolen is fine. Only reason to renew is if you want to travel soon. Even once you pass test can take a while to get oath and passport.

For the police report, can’t you amend it to
list PR card explicitly? I would do that. By the IRCC form is the most crucial. They may want the police report number.

Fhendi

Jul 10, 2019
For test, proof you have reported is as stolen is fine. Only reason to renew is if you want to travel soon. Even once you pass test can take a while to get oath and passport.

For the police report, can’t you amend it to
list PR card explicitly? I would do that. By the IRCC form is the most crucial. They may want the police report number.
I do appreciate your help. I will try and see if police will let me amend the report. Thank you

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Update please:

ID: 2001fb
App. Type: Single
Physical Presence Days: 1320
App. Sent: Jan 22, 2019
App. Delivered: Jan 25, 2019
AOR: March 19, 2019
In Process eCas: April 25,2019
Test Invite email date: June 28, 2019