+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2019 - Citizenship Application

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
Did you click on In Process to see full details? May take a day or a few too?
Yes, I did check the details, but it does not mention anything. About the time, it has been 1 business day ( + the weekend), that i received the email, but nothing else. By your answer it looks like It could take a few business days to be updated. Yet it should definitely be updated/written in the cic website also. Right?

Thanks

egyed

Star Member
Feb 8, 2019
do we have anyone here from the Kitchener/Waterloo area?
Kitchener Office seems to be the slowest nationwide. I have checked other group threads for December, Nov, Oct 2018 and Kitchener is the slowest among all. Mine has been in process since April and no updates since then.

Reactions: flashadi

jgbfree19

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone. For those who went to the interview did the officer check your original transcript of records, certification from school that states medium of language was in English and diploma as proof of language? I have my original transcripts and diploma with me but i only have photocopies of the certification that states the medium of instruction of my course were taught in English. Will that be suffice? My transcripts and diploma were from abroad. Hope someone can share their input/experience. Thanks

phlove

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Winnipeg MB CA
Visa Office......
canada
App. Filed.......
18/Oct/2017
hi All ,

any one have same Situation as below or Is it normal or may have some Problem ???

Test Interview finished on June 4th but still showing IP on Ecas. No DM yet .

rahulpune82

Sep 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th May 2014
Doc's Request.
NDVO lost PCC given with MR so asked again in 6th Feb 2015
Nomination.....
PER 24th Sept 2014
Med's Request
4th NOV 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
LANDED..........
16th September
No test invites for application from Toronto and GTA region ..

rahulpune82

Sep 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th May 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 24th Sept 2014
Med's Request
4th NOV 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
LANDED..........
16th September
Kitchener Office seems to be the slowest nationwide. I have checked other group threads for December, Nov, Oct 2018 and Kitchener is the slowest among all. Mine has been in process since April and no updates since then.
I think Toronto and GTA region is slow

rahulpune82

Sep 16, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th May 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
PER 24th Sept 2014
Med's Request
4th NOV 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18th March 2015
LANDED..........
16th September
One of my friend's wife applied Six months ago from Milton , no finger print request and to test invite as well

spyrosbestplumber

Dec 17, 2012
Hi everyone. For those who went to the interview did the officer check your original transcript of records, certification from school that states medium of language was in English and diploma as proof of language? I have my original transcripts and diploma with me but i only have photocopies of the certification that states the medium of instruction of my course were taught in English. Will that be suffice? My transcripts and diploma were from abroad. Hope someone can share their input/experience. Thanks

Don't sweat too much over it, the officer can judge if your English is sufficient, and by your writing it's obvious that it is. I asked the officer if she needed any proof of English knowledge and she had said to me that the interview was enough.

Reactions: jgbfree19

jgbfree19

Jan 20, 2019
Don't sweat too much over it, the officer can judge if your English is sufficient, and by your writing it's obvious that it is. I asked the officer if she needed any proof of English knowledge and she had said to me that the interview was enough.
Thanks for sharing your experience. If i may ask What was the interview about? What type of questions did you encounter?

2001fb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2019
I also have a question about interview documents. Which documents we really need to bring? I have this question because i have too many documents which i should or should not bring. e.g. I migrated to different countries before, do I need to bring all the visas and supporting documentation, I used in the past? do i need to bring all the passports? I also lived in many different addresses, so do I need to bring proof of all of that? Does anybody can tell me from their experiences what the officer really look for? Any input is welcomed! Thanks

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Mine has been IP since April as well. According to just the January applicants only 35% of us have a test invite yet including those who got IP in March. And that's true for many offices. Just have to hope you will get details at some point and be done within the average time.

Reactions: karthik.andhamil