Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I am January 7 AOR here. Please add me to the group.

Jan 7, 2018
Hi All,

I may be asking vety silly question but here it goes:
I checked my stay covers 1095 days requirement but i am confused for language requirement. I gave ielts during my PR process in 2013. Will that hold good for Citizenship application?
Education: Graduation degree in 2010 in India.

All responses are mich appreciated.

didouette

Star Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi - i read somewhere that the AoR is system generated right after app submission and does not mean that a check has been carried out on the application to verify it is complete... now i am reading this on the cic website and hence confused...
"
If we begin to process your application, we will send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number.

We do not send an acknowledgement of receipt until we have opened your application and checked that it is complete. There may be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it.

Your application will be returned to you if:

• it is incomplete,
  • fees are missing, or
  • it is received after a program is paused, closed or a cap is reached."

Reactions: KV_hopeful

KV_hopeful

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Will we get email notifications when these status changes happen or do we have to keep checking our profiles?

There are two different things. Application status remains in process until we complete stamping.

Regarding BG status - It will go through different stages and let me try to make it clear to you to avoid any further confusion.

Prior to March 7, CIC used to maintain the below BG status.
1. Not needed at this time (NN)
2. Not Started (NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

After March 7, they paraphase the above status as follows.

1. Not Applicable (NA) ( Old Status :: NN)
2. Next to step to conduct BG Check (NBG) (Old Status : NS)
3. In Progress (IP)

People in the threads are using the above status interchangeably. So, don't get confused.

Now as far as BG process is concerned, it will go through the below trends. I'm using new status words for your reference.

Trend 1: NA -> IP -> NA -> IP
Trend 2: NA -> NBG-> NA-> IP

Some people who are submitting RCMP along with eAPR follows Trend 2 and rest Trend 1. I may not be 100% accurate. But this is what I noticed for CEC Inlanders.
Once the applicant at IP(2), he can expect PPR anytime soon.

Regarding at what stage BG will change??

STAGE 1:: After we submit our application, the BG status would be NA and it will be there until we see a change in Medical status (Passed).

STAGE 2:: After medical update is done, then agent at CIO will change our BG to IP or NBG. Then, he will start R10 check, Criminal checks.

STAGE 3:: After the above checks are done, then he will change BG to NA and our file moved to next stage for Eligibility assessment (A11.2) . Once he/she feels that we are meeting the Eligibility then he/she will provide his/her recommendation to Visa Officer and initiate the Security Clearance. At this point only our file will be moved from CIO to CPC.

STAGE 4:: Officer at Local Visa Office (LVO) will review the recommendation, Security clearance reports. Once he/she satisfies then he/she will approve the recommendation. Then our BG will be changed to IP again. This is where PPR(Passport Request) mails triggered to applicants.

Dec 3, 2017
Hello, I received ITA about a month ago and have already submitted my documents. However, since my EE profile creation back in November I was not able to register in Job Bank because of some website error(I remember it said something like "we are unable to create a job bank profile for EE candidate, try later"). Now I am not sure do I need to register at this stage or not? As I know it is not mandatory. Let me know if I am correct.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
Hi - i read somewhere that the AoR is system generated right after app submission and does not mean that a check has been carried out on the application to verify it is complete... now i am reading this on the cic website and hence confused...
"
If we begin to process your application, we will send you an acknowledgment of receipt letter or email with an application number.

We do not send an acknowledgement of receipt until we have opened your application and checked that it is complete. There may be a delay between the date we receive your application and the date we open it.

Your application will be returned to you if:

• it is incomplete,
  • fees are missing, or
  • it is received after a program is paused, closed or a cap is reached."
It is auto system checked it seems.

Reactions: didouette