+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so I did the test yesterday.. it was easy but some questions were confusing so you need to really read the questions a few times. Got 19/20 and the interview was quick and I was told to wait for the oath taking ceremony notice within 1- 3 months.

goodluck to us!

zineb83

Oct 14, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long that the interview take approximately 10 mnt or more , what the agent asked you ...could you share your experience thanks and good luck for the next step

adubey

Star Member
Jul 22, 2011
Things seems to have come to a standstill for Toronto applicants. I have been in in-process from Jan 24th onwards.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kurt0206 said:
so I did the test yesterday.. it was easy but some questions were confusing so you need to really read the questions a few times. Got 19/20 and the interview was quick and I was told to wait for the oath taking ceremony notice within 1- 3 months.

goodluck to us!
Kurt - were all the questions from the Richmond hill library & citizenship counts ?

kurt0206

Star Member
Jan 9, 2011
AB, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes and no... don't expect the same questions.. most are re-written and selections were different.. my opinion is if you go over the sample questions from Richmond library, etc., you will pass the exam but you will not get perfect score (which is not relevant because the we just need to pass the exam.. hehehe).

Raj_Hoque

Feb 13, 2012
Bangladesh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
29-11-2012
LANDED..........
December 30, 2012
zineb83 said:
How long that the interview take approximately 10 mnt or more , what the agent asked you ...could you share your experience thanks and good luck for the next step
Me and my wife just passed the test today with 20/20 of mine. Interview was just to cross check the original documents of the photocopies that we have provided during the application. CIC official was asking me if I'm interested to take oath on Canada day but I said, earlier would be better since we'd like to become Canadian Citizen before Canada day. We were 6 people together appeared for test and interview and we all said the same answer that we want it in May. Later CIC official said she can't promise but she will try her best to arrange the OATH ceremony in May, else it might be in July 1st. Let's wait to hear from them. Finger crossed. And thanks to this forum folks for proper help and guidance.

imran01

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dkera said:
Hello all,

Just letting you know I did my test today. Test took me about 3 minutes and my interview lasted less than that. All in all I was in and out in 15 minutes max. Waiting for ceremony.

They asked me whether I want to book ceremony for Canada Day (July 1). I said I don't mind but if I can get one before that that would be great.

I won't travel until then so it really doesn't matter.
Congrats.. they asked me the same question as well...My response was the same... well done.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
hopefully more Toronto/Scarborough oaths get scheduled ASAP!

YumiMedina

Star Member
Jan 27, 2017
dell said:
dkera- please tell me how hard was the test ? did they ask tricky questions or they were like the online test you took ? if so, which website did you use ?
Hi, I did the test this morning. But unfortunately i cannot help you out as we are under oath not to help others. Just kidding!!! heheehehhee :p

So, the test was fairly straight forward, 20 items, got 19/20, did it in 3 mins.
Do the practice exams on the websites (which you can also access on your phones), they are 95% similar, its just worded differently.
Do not stress much on a lot of people, just focus on the key names like Macdonald, Johnston... etc.
It is multiple choice, just be familiar with the questions and answers, and you should be okay.
You already have the 2 questions posted on earlier thread, so there you go.

Interview, it actually isnt an interview, its more of them making sure you can speak the language (i guess), and understand.
PS: the immigration officer was really really nice in Scarborough. :)

Best of luck everyone!!!!!

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YumiMedina said:
Hi, I did the test this morning. But unfortunately i cannot help you out as we are under oath not to help others. Just kidding!!! heheehehhee :p

So, the test was fairly straight forward, 20 items, got 19/20, did it in 3 mins.
Do the practice exams on the websites (which you can also access on your phones), they are 95% similar, its just worded differently.
Do not stress much on a lot of people, just focus on the key names like Macdonald, Johnston... etc.
It is multiple choice, just be familiar with the questions and answers, and you should be okay.
You already have the 2 questions posted on earlier thread, so there you go.

Interview, it actually isnt an interview, its more of them making sure you can speak the language (i guess), and understand.
PS: the immigration officer was really really nice in Scarborough. :)

Best of luck everyone!!!!!
YumiMedina - thanks a lot.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kurt0206 said:
yes and no... don't expect the same questions.. most are re-written and selections were different.. my opinion is if you go over the sample questions from Richmond library, etc., you will pass the exam but you will not get perfect score (which is not relevant because the we just need to pass the exam.. hehehe).
kurt0206 - thanks a lot

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
my wife did the Richmond library thing, and the v-soul........according to her v-soul had new questions all the time.
She did both of those plus read the book like twice. She got 19/20 on hers.
Interview was short, officer just verified stamps in passport, and just brief chat about her current work. Nice and short.

People need to calm down and take it easy, its not hard. No need for stress.

dell

Star Member
Jun 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canvis2006 said:
my wife did the Richmond library thing, and the v-soul........according to her v-soul had new questions all the time.
She did both of those plus read the book like twice. She got 19/20 on hers.
Interview was short, officer just verified stamps in passport, and just brief chat about her current work. Nice and short.

People need to calm down and take it easy, its not hard. No need for stress.
thanks canvis2006. You got me a little scared though,v-soul is a little hard.I am barely scoring 70-75 % on it consistently.

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011