+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2017-Citizenship applicants

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It got me thinking if the AOR is sent by regional office after Sydney sends them the complete application and not by CIC Sydney office.
Jusia said:
This is just odd.. Try to login into ecas using your permanent resident card and see if there is anything.
I would probably wait another week and then would call them..

Any way it's been a week since a mysterious 4th line showed up in my ecas and I still didn't receive any documents from them...

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you get AOR you will see this:
Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

and after few days it changes into this:
Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship officer or citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

So I guess your application is still in Sydney on a pile waiting to be opened and checked...
Maybe wait until the end of this week and give them a call on Monday.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks.
Jusia said:
Application Received
Your application has been received at the Case Processing Centre in Sydney, Nova Scotia. Citizenship and Immigration Canada officials will review your application and the required documents and citizenship fees to ensure they meet the minimum processing requirements.

Application In Process
Your file has been sent to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) office closest to your home for processing.

The CIC office will complete the necessary steps for a citizenship officer or citizenship judge to make a decision on your application. If additional information or documents are needed, the CIC office will contact you.

So I guess your application is still in Sydney on a pile waiting to be opened and checked...

The-Ottawan

Dec 3, 2016
This is what it says in my ecas:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on XXXXXXXX.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on XXXXXXX.
We started processing your application on XXXXXXXXX.

The first 2 lines appeared when I received my AOR and the status was Application Received
The 3rd line added when the status changed to In Process.

Jusia said:
Application Received

Application In Process

Jusia

Star Member
Jan 11, 2012
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah but if you go below these lines you will find this:
The following tables will help you understand the status of your application.
Go to this one:
Application for Canadian Citizenship (Grant of Citizenship)

and you will read the explanation of each step :)

RMALI

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on Sept 7, 2012 and PPR-2 on Oct 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issue date was Oct 15, 12 and Passport received back on Nov. 07, 2012
LANDED..........
Planning for Nov 12 end or Dec 12 first week
Hi All

I sent citizenship application (family) from Toronto on Jan 20 and Received by Sydney office on Monday Jan 23, 2017.

Can any one post link of spread sheet so I can update my information.

Thanks
Rahim

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RMALI said:
Hi All

I sent citizenship application (family) from Toronto on Jan 20 and Received by Sydney office on Monday Jan 23, 2017.

Can any one post link of spread sheet so I can update my information.

Thanks
Rahim
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1883388690

RMALI

Star Member
Aug 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
June 2009
File Transfer...
June 2010
Med's Request
June 8, 2012
Med's Done....
July 5, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on Sept 7, 2012 and PPR-2 on Oct 19, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issue date was Oct 15, 12 and Passport received back on Nov. 07, 2012
LANDED..........
Planning for Nov 12 end or Dec 12 first week
Thanks

dkera said:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jSGX4QDMkXG_ROU0sbIFCMg_eL-gv-YZGVctgxojLYI/edit#gid=1883388690

ShaunT

Star Member
Oct 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-11-2011
Med's Done....
10-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2011
I just checked online and i'm showing in process as of 01/24

canmr

Dec 30, 2016
Yesterday afternoon I received AOR but when I checked this morning in eCAS, it doesn't show any status.
I tried 2 times with both application number and client I'd each time.

How many days I need to wait for eCAS after receiving AOR?
Did it happen with any others?

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jusia said:
This is just odd.. Try to login into ecas using your permanent resident card and see if there is anything.
I would probably wait another week and then would call them..

Any way it's been a week since a mysterious 4th line showed up in my ecas and I still didn't receive any documents from them...
what does it say?

joeyc

Jan 23, 2017
canmr said:
Yesterday afternoon I received AOR but when I checked this morning in eCAS, it doesn't show any status.
I tried 2 times with both application number and client I'd each time.

How many days I need to wait for eCAS after receiving AOR?
Did it happen with any others?
Just checked and found my eCAS status is already online. I received AOR yesterday morning.