Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Hello there! im actually planning to apply in this firts week of february and i have a question maybe somebody here can help me, well i only have my income tax returns from 2013,2014 and 2015 and i know that i need to have filed my taxes for the past 4 years, the problem is that as of right now i still dont have my t4 from 2016 and right after i get mine i have to wait for my wife's t4 which will probably wont have by the first week of february, so the question is can i apply for citizenship with only the income return for the past 3 years or should i wait until around april to get my income return from last year? i would appreciate some help folks.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
WantToBeInCanada said:
Hello there! im actually planning to apply in this firts week of february and i have a question maybe somebody here can help me, well i only have my income tax returns from 2013,2014 and 2015 and i know that i need to have filed my taxes for the past 4 years, the problem is that as of right now i still dont have my t4 from 2016 and right after i get mine i have to wait for my wife's t4 which will probably wont have by the first week of february, so the question is can i apply for citizenship with only the income return for the past 3 years or should i wait until around april to get my income return from last year? i would appreciate some help folks.
You should wait until you file 2016 tax. You don't have to wait until you get CRA notice.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WantToBeInCanada said:
according to the rules as they stand now if you file your citizenship application and haven't filed taxes for at least 4 years out of the last 6 your application will be returned to you.
Just wait and file taxes first.

WantToBeInCanada

Star Member
Oct 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
29-10-2012
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-04-2012
Passport Req..
17-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
23-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
Thanks for the quick reply guys. So I'll wait to just file my taxes and then I'll apply for citizenship!

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
WantToBeInCanada said:
Thanks for the quick reply guys. So I'll wait to just file my taxes and then I'll apply for citizenship!
That's correct

Maggie65

Oct 30, 2016
Hi again, folks, and sorry to be a pain, but ... can anyone say approximately how long it takes for an AOR to be received? I mailed my application for citizenship certificate on Jan 3rd from Toronto while there on vacation. Mailed it regular mail from the post office. I have had neither an email nor AOR by mail to date. I know it's only been a few weeks, but ... how long does it usually take before I know if they even got it?

Also, if I made a mistake on the application or if they require additional documents or whatever, how long before they notify? I'd hate to wait 5-6 months only to hear from them that I got something wrong. I don't think I did - I went over the whole thing a dozen times, but it's still possible.

Thanks again. I'm a bit anxious about this, as you can tell ... :-[

cerin

Jul 24, 2012
Hi friends,

I am filling Citizenship form and my question is concerning Taxation section. In below table YES indicated with bold means i put Tick Mark on those.

So am i doing it right here ? I will soon submit my application. Please i need your valuable advise on this.

Thank you in advance

Taxation Year Required to file Taxes Filed
2012 Yes No Yes No
2013 Yes No Yes No
2014 Yes No Yes No
2015 Yes No Yes No
2016 Yes No Yes No

smoha3

May 5, 2015
cerin said:
Hi friends,

I am filling Citizenship form and my question is concerning Taxation section. In below table YES indicated with bold means i put Tick Mark on those.

So am i doing it right here ? I will soon submit my application. Please i need your valuable advise on this.

Thank you in advance

Taxation Year Required to file Taxes Filed
2012 Yes No Yes No
2013 Yes No Yes No
2014 Yes No Yes No
2015 Yes No Yes No
2016 Yes No Yes No
Hi Cerin ,

For tax year 2016 Ii selected yes for the required to file and no to Taxes Filed, the citizenship office knows that the filling of taxes for 2016 will begin at the end of Feb. So it should not be issue. Also you have already filled the taxes for the last 4 years out of 6 years which is the requirment of citizenship application . Hope this helps.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
research-scientist said:
My application was received on Jan 3, no news yet. Some people that sent theirs after me got their AOR.

that's tough mate. hang in there.
but this is not a competition, nor it is a zero-sum game. Everyone should be happy about people getting their applications processed; it's not a competition :)

hope yours gets processed soon mate.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for people. My dissatisfaction is with CIC Regional offices. There is no consistency. Some places like Winnipeg is super slow. Why the hell places like NL, MB or SK that need people are slow? Life in those provinces are harder why the hell CIC makes it harder??!?!?

dkera said:
that's tough mate. hang in there.
but this is not a competition, nor it is a zero-sum game. Everyone should be happy about people getting their applications processed; it's not a competition :)

hope yours gets processed soon mate.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
research-scientist said:
Don't get me wrong. I'm happy for people. My dissatisfaction is with CIC Regional offices. There is no consistency. Some places like Winnipeg is super slow. Why the hell places like NL, MB or SK that need people are slow? Life in those provinces are harder why the hell CIC makes it harder??!?!?
Do you think that they distribute our applications to the regional officers before the AOR? Or is the distribution happening after the AOR?

My application is a family application which I don't expect it to be as fast as an individual application.

The average time for Dec applicants to receive their AOR is 23 days. Let us hope that we will get our AOR this week.

KtotheG

Jan 18, 2017
Sa3Sa3 said:
Do you think that they distribute our applications to the regional officers before the AOR? Or is the distribution happening after the AOR?

My application is a family application which I don't expect it to be as fast as an individual application.

The average time for Dec applicants to receive their AOR is 23 days. Let us hope that we will get our AOR this week.
From what I understand, CIC Sydney checks the application and if it's complete you get the AOR and then it's sent to the relevant regional office.

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KtotheG said:
From what I understand, CIC Sydney checks the application and if it's complete you get the AOR and then it's sent to the relevant regional office.
Yeap, that's the process. They also describe it in detail in the instruction guide found in the CIC application webpage.