App. Filed.......
submitted:04-12-17/////resubmitted on: may 24 NO UPDATE YET
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
jeddai said:
Are you still waiting for PPR?

I think our medical expiry is the reason for the long delay.
suzyph said:
Yes still waiting for PPR.

I got response from MP. IRRC replied that my medical is valid til May 2017. And my application is in process time of 12mos.

I have no choice but to wait the PPR.
I thought of that too T.T
But some applicants got PPR not because of their medical expiry date
It seems that we will be spending another christmas and new year away from our loved once T.T

Marlg said:
CONGRATS!!! wish I could relate! My husbands Medicals expire December 21st ... And we have heard NOTHING ... WISHING YOU ALL THE BEST
Try sending them an enquiry that ur medical will be expiring this dec 21st if you are lucky they might expedite ur app.

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Emailed our lawyer with this concern . They responded with sending an inquiry for status of our application , since it was transferred from Paris to Rome , and neither we or our lawyer knew of this ! :'( what does expedited mean ?

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I contacted our MP last week and she told us she is not hopeful for our application. She said that anyone who got a request for extra documents (like we did) is now considered to be not a normal application and therefore regular processing times do not apply. However she told us there was a note on the account that someone would look at our file during the first week of december. Sure enough, December 1st, We got a call from CIC and they said they are issuing COPR. Dec 1st is my partners bday so it was a great present! They said since we are already in canada together they issued the COPR because we can process it fast since we are here before his medical expires on the 15th. We sent the extra documents off to Ottawa this morning so hopefully we can get the actual COPR letter and land next week!

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Our application has been processing since March 15th 2016 , never got document request , or any communication at al , until our lawyer send a inquiry to Paris a week ago , and they stated they must contact the visa office responsible for processing the application ... That when I emailed him back to inform him of this , but not being able to wait I called Missisauga myself and was informed our file was transferred to Rome when or why I have no idea

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Marlg said:
Our application has been processing since March 15th 2016 , never got document request , or any communication at al , until our lawyer send a inquiry to Paris a week ago , and they stated they must contact the visa office responsible for processing the application ... That when I emailed him back to inform him of this , but not being able to wait I called Missisauga myself and was informed our file was transferred to Rome when or why I have no idea
As others have told you before, it is not uncommon for applications to be sent to a different VO than expected. It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with your application. Sometimes they do it to redistribute the workload.. As long as your application is still active I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can still track your application online right, with ECAS and MyCIC?

Marlg

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
ECAS yes , nothing changed there still says in processing....can't access my CIC bcc we had lawyer do everything , so can't link our application

NurseCA

Sep 14, 2016
NRSY said:
I contacted our MP last week and she told us she is not hopeful for our application. She said that anyone who got a request for extra documents (like we did) is now considered to be not a normal application and therefore regular processing times do not apply. However she told us there was a note on the account that someone would look at our file during the first week of december. Sure enough, December 1st, We got a call from CIC and they said they are issuing COPR. Dec 1st is my partners bday so it was a great present! They said since we are already in canada together they issued the COPR because we can process it fast since we are here before his medical expires on the 15th. We sent the extra documents off to Ottawa this morning so hopefully we can get the actual COPR letter and land next week!

Congrats!
My medical exam expires on the same day as your partner but I didn't hear anything.
What does MP stand for? I would contact my MP too to find out if somebody will look at my file soon.

NRSY

Star Member
Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
MP stands for Member of Parliament .. if you contact them and give them consent then they will look into your case. I also sent an email to Manila Visa Office saying that my medical is expiring soon but I havent heard anything.

NurseCA said:
Congrats!
My medical exam expires on the same day as your partner but I didn't hear anything.
What does MP stand for? I would contact my MP too to find out if somebody will look at my file soon.

NurseCA

Sep 14, 2016
NRSY said:
MP stands for Member of Parliament .. if you contact them and give them consent then they will look into your case. I also sent an email to Manila Visa Office saying that my medical is expiring soon but I havent heard anything.
Thank you.
I came to our MP office today but I couldn't get any help. I have to come back next Tuesday to fill in a consent form then they can call cic whatnot..
I was told that they can't help me on Monday as CIC is close whatnot..
I'm hopeless now... I guess I may have to do medical twice.. since I'm here in Canada as a visitor and my visa will expire within a month.
How inefficient... that I might have to do Medical for PR and extension of my visitor status...

suzyph

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 / SA:18-03-2016 / AOR2 30-05-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT 11-05-2015
Med's Done....
RETAKE 23-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
Have you receive changes in ECAS?

Others not January applicants they got DM on ECAS.

Mine still IN Process

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
suzyph said:
Have you receive changes in ECAS?

Others not January applicants they got DM on ECAS.

Mine still IN Process
me too still no changes T.T

suzyph

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-01-2016
AOR Received.
04-03-2016 / SA:18-03-2016 / AOR2 30-05-2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT 11-05-2015
Med's Done....
RETAKE 23-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
soon
Stephan reily said:
me too still no changes T.T
As per announcement of McCallum, the process will be First IN First Out...
But later than January got their DM. Its Unfair to us. Huhuhuhu

Stephan reily

Oct 17, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
MANILA
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
-----
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
suzyph said:
As per announcement of McCallum, the process will be First IN First Out...
But later than January got their DM. Its Unfair to us. Huhuhuhu
yup thats our only hope now T.T
But it seems that latter applicants are still being prioritized again
They might have forgotten about us T.T