+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

mapleleafs2011

Star Member
Oct 19, 2010
All these office closes are likely do the the backlog clearing.. coming up or already happened not too sure: http://www.herald.ie/news/visa-backlog-ends-canada-dream-for-thousands-3123149.html

dreamcatcher

Apr 6, 2012
missmini said:
yaaay congrats for u too!!!!! as u can see it is exciting ;D ;D ;D although i know it was just a small step and without the visa that document is useless i was still very happy; wooow ur letter was dated May 23rd, that's before ours :eek: it was very fast considering u sent it later - what's the date on ur CSQ? (just curious) :p it's actually more clear to me that in our case it probably got stuck because of the vo (maybe when micc contacted our vo they weren't even aware that they have our package; but when they contacted ur vo it was all there, ready to receive it and add it to ur package)

from what i understood from the MICC letters they will forward a *copy* of the csq themselves (no need of extra action from ur side); but since the vo asked u for it already then u can mail them a copy of that letter with a COPY of the CSQ (also emailing them would work :)) do not send the original, they don't need it, all they want is to see that Quebec also accepted u; but u as applicant on the other hand need the original of that document like water since u cannot land in Quebec without it; once landed u will still need the original for any service in Quebec (driving license, health card, french courses, univ enrollment, etc); even me i still have the original safe although it's so many years old ;) by the way if u don't know french this document could help u enroll for online french courses already before u land (u'll see details in the letter)

i don't plan to send a copy to our vo yet; funny but i still find it early to contact them knowing other ppl's timeline from the same vo; i'll give them a few more weeks and if still no news i'll try my luck and drop them email with the copy of the csq too and other changes :)

yaaaay good luck for the rest of it; u will probably b done soooo much faster ::)
Thanks heaps for that missmini, I really appreciate it! :) :). I'll keep you updated on the progress. We have a great group going here, everyone is so helpful and understanding and it's good to help one another out makes it easier to get through all of this. :). Don't worry everyone, it's gonna be okay. ;) I hope missmini and everyone gets there permanent residence visa done really fast. ;).

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missmini said:
yeeeeees thank u finally ;) ;) ;) well since u got ur csq i was waiting for it every day!!!!! maybe not knowing someone got it so fast i would have been calmer :p but at the end we got it too....

thanks also to Amoss, canadiangirl and anyone else; i wish a smooth process for everyone!!!!
I know.. Everyday I was like I wonder if missmini got the CSQ.. well its done now.. its down to the big step now..

nanipanjakadi

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th Jan 2012
AOR Received.
10th March 2012
File Transfer...
15th March2012(Approved)
Med's Done....
Some where in Nov2011
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
28th March-2012, ND received PP on April2nd(In process as of April21 2012)
VISA ISSUED...
15th June 2012
LANDED..........
Soooooon
got this reply from my local MP here

Please be advised that we have received everything on this application and expect to finalise it soon. The decision and the passport will be mailed to the applicant through registered post soon. Till then, she is requested to await our contact.

Its been 3weeks now still says Inprocess....Not sure how long it takes when they say "finalise it soon"

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Hi guys I have a situation. I'm a Feb applicant and May 17 I got an email saying that I need to resend a certain form because it didn't have the word "NONE" in 1 field.
I have sent that form ($100) via mail, and the post office said the Ottawa Office (I sent the original app to Mississauga, but they asked me to deliver the "incomplete" form to Ottawa) received it Monday (May 28, 2012).

Was anyone here in the same shoes? What did you go through? How long does it take for them to match the mail to my app? What was it like?

Thanks!

-TS...

srinivas.vadapalli

May 20, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
ND-INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2010
AOR Received.
None
Med's Done....
10-04-2011
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
01-06-2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
Hello Ppl...

Hope everyone is good...

As promised, I am back to share landing experience of wife.

Everything went well...Immigration officer greeted her and just asked couple of questions like where is she coming from, which flight, if she brought any valuables, if anything is shipped from home town to arrive at later date and the address where shes gonna stay...

Got a welcome kit containing important address and organisations to meet for her career here...

Rest of it is all cool...Trying to settle down..

Wish you all gud luck and speedy process.

Mez007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-01-2012
AOR Received.
20-02-2012
File Transfer...
20-04-2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2012
ThunderSoul said:
Hi guys I have a situation. I'm a Feb applicant and May 17 I got an email saying that I need to resend a certain form because it didn't have the word "NONE" in 1 field.
I have sent that form ($100) via mail, and the post office said the Ottawa Office (I sent the original app to Mississauga, but they asked me to deliver the "incomplete" form to Ottawa) received it Monday (May 28, 2012).

Was anyone here in the same shoes? What did you go through? How long does it take for them to match the mail to my app? What was it like?

Thanks!

-TS...
I had the same issue, it delayed my Approval by an other month

huerlaw

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Hello Ppl...

Hope everyone is good...

As promised, I am back to share landing experience of wife.

Everything went well...Immigration officer greeted her and just asked couple of questions like where is she coming from, which flight, if she brought any valuables, if anything is shipped from home town to arrive at later date and the address where shes gonna stay...

Got a welcome kit containing important address and organisations to meet for her career here...

Rest of it is all cool...Trying to settle down..

Wish you all gud luck and speedy process.
Welcome back Srinivas.. All the best to you and your wife..

I have two questions for you,

First, did they ask your wife if she had "goods to follow" later on and did they give a limit as to how much one is allowed ?

Second, how long did you wait before you got the MP involved ?

Cheers,

lalatata

Aug 11, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 8th,2012
File Transfer...
May 17th,2012
Med's Done....
Jan 24th,2012
Passport Req..
June 1st,2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM- July 23rd,2012 - Passport received - Aug 13th,2012
Today we got the passport request email from New Delhi office.
Please update the January spreadsheet with PPR request date of June 1st,2012 as indicated on my profile info..

ThunderSoul

May 15, 2012
Mez007 said:
I had the same issue, it delayed my Approval by an other month
How were you contacted? Did they update e-cas or did they send you en e-mail or mail? Did you hear from them at all within that one month?

Thanks! :)

Amoss

Feb 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
AOR Received.
10-03-2012
File Transfer...
to Buffalo 20-03-2012 -- to LA 08-05-02012
Med's Done....
20-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-08-2012
ThunderSoul said:

Thanks!

-TS...
:eek:Wow.. that's terrible. Because it didn't have "none"! I could see a missing signature... but "none"... ??? ??? :(

sumptuous

Jun 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone,
I am new to this site. I submitted sponsorship application for my wife and it was received in Missisuaga by January 30, 2012. I got an email on April 30, 2012 from OttPilot-Immigration saying that I have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor and my application was forward to ACCRA for PR processing.
Since May 1, 2012, application status for my spouse on ecas has been " we received your application on January 30, 2012, Medical results have been received" and nothing has changed since then.
The thread for ACCRA seems not be very active. I have searched to see if there are other people that have recently applied (say from October 2011 through January 2012) to see what their timelines are, but I have not been able to find.
Please if there is anyone out there applying for Family Class Sponsorship PR through ACCRA and you are viewing this message, please register and share your timelines and give us some hope. It is really hard to be away from the love of your life. I miss my wife too much.

mit8383

May 18, 2012
hi ..sumptuous

am also in same boat ..

v have also submit our application on 30 january 2012 & sponsorship approves on 30 april 2012 & File Transfer To New Delhi than my status message showns same as u ..

i have same issue ... no updates from visa office can any have idea how long it will take ?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
hi everyone :)

dreamcatcher, huerlaw thank u soo much :) i hope ur good thoughts will influence our vo to open our file soon and issue the visa :):) i'm really waiting to go back to Canada, back to my family and friends and all the normal things i miss!!!! i hope u also will get good news fast!!

now with the CSQ the applicants can already start learning or improving their french; did u guys look into that yet? i think we should but the problem in our case is the lack of time :( but maybe the sites i saw around here r pretty straightforward at least for some basic words and expressions hihihi

good luck and yeah our group here is so nice!! ;D have a nice weekend!!