+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

January 2012 Applicants - Join here!

Cypher

Feb 7, 2012
Hi everyone

I just joined the forum today. However, I have been following this forum for sometime now.
I'm sponsoring my wife and we sent out the Outland application on Dec. 28, 2011 which CIC-M received on Jan 3rd, 2012.
The good news was I received an email from CIC-M today saying they got my application package and provided us with file No. This was the first email I received from CIC (36 days). ;D

Any idea how long it will take to finish the first stage?

Btw, my VO is Seoul

Cheers

silverfox

Oct 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-01-2012
File Transfer...
20-03-12
Med's Done....
19-11-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
23-03-12 received on 11-04-12
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-12 received on 28-04-12
LANDED..........
july 24, 2012
oh wow! that was really fast cypher. we, januarians, should be very excited about that development in your case. as per CIC's latest processing time as of feb 1, 2012, it states there 56 days and they're working on applications received on dec 13, 2011. if that's the case, they must have finished the december batch already. yeheeey! it's Januarians time to shine! :D

btw, here's the link for the processing time update --- http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

have you checked your ecas already?
keep us updated, pls.thanks and congrats!

Cypher said:
Hi everyone

I just joined the forum today. However, I have been following this forum for sometime now.
I'm sponsoring my wife and we sent out the Outland application on Dec. 28, 2011 which CIC-M received on Jan 3rd, 2012.
The good news was I received an email from CIC-M today saying they got my application package and provided us with file No. This was the first email I received from CIC (36 days). ;D

Btw, my VO is Seoul

Cheers

opekkha80

Feb 6, 2012
srinivas.vadapalli said:
Well that is not possible( as per my knowledge of the CIC system so far)...The way out is you better apply for PR first and then file for Super Visa for your mom so she can be with you continuously for 2 yrs...
Thanks, friend. Actually I don't have any idea about Supervisa. Can you elaborate please?

alf+jlh

Aug 28, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 6, 2012
AOR Received.
CIC-M:Feb 21, 2012
File Transfer...
Mar 21, 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 16, 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
June 14, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 13, 2012
LANDED..........
July 26, 2012
Cypher said:
Hi everyone

Btw, my VO is Seoul

Cheers

I'll add you to the list tomorrow...congrats! I was wondering when one of us aw going to hear from them.

Your letter is just an acknowledgment correct? It didn't say you were approved right?

pearl75

Star Member
Nov 30, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have read this morning somewhere on this forum about a person whose partner came here on a visitor visa and they applied outland as it is quicker and she is here with him until her visa runs out although they can extent her visitor visa. Now, I'm mad at my lawyer as he did not mentioned this option to us. Even tho he knows how importand it is for me to go and see my family. Because of this god knows how many months I have to wait until I get my residency.

I'm thinking of withdrawing my application and apply outland(they received my application on Monday 6th Feb.) What do you all think? Should I withdraw? I was on a visitor visa and my visa runs out on this Thursday.

I'm confused and annoyed :mad:

pelipeli

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2011
Calgary Alberta CND
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 25, 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
Sponsor approved: May 1,2012; file rcvd by CEM: May 8
Med's Done....
Dec 19,2011
Passport Req..
PPR date: May10, PPR rcvd: May16, PP sent: May 17 ,PP rcvd by CEM:May18
VISA ISSUED...
IP: Aug16, DM: Aug19 Visa Issue Date: August 16, 2012 Visa rcvd: Aug24
LANDED..........
September 20, 2012, PR card received Nov 23,2012
Cypher said:
Hi everyone

Btw, my VO is Seoul

Cheers
oh wow, is this an AOR? or sponsorship approval?? If it is an AOR, they sent it to you, the sponsor, right? I'm just wondering if I should check my hubby's email regularly too in case they send it to his email and not mine (sponsor)

Cypher

Feb 7, 2012
It was just an email from CIC-M saying my application was received on Jan 3rd, 2012, not the sponsor approval email/letter. However, I was expecting to get the first correspondent from CIC at the end of this month; so I was quite happy about it.

And Yes, it was sent to me, the sponsor

Cypher

Feb 7, 2012
Oh
One thing I forgot to mention. I tried to check the status on CIC website; however, the system could not find our file. I'm not too sure my file is too new and has not been updated or what. Anyhow, I will try again tomorrow.
Anyone knows anything about the system update?

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
11-2011 (extended until 11-2013)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
07-2013 (DONE - thank u all :):):))
Cypher said:
It was just an email from CIC-M saying my application was received on Jan 3rd, 2012, not the sponsor approval email/letter. However, I was expecting to get the first correspondent from CIC at the end of this month; so I was quite happy about it.

And Yes, it was sent to me, the sponsor
hi Cypher,

wooow really nice that u got "application received" email from them :) and thanks for sharing with us!! don't kill urself trying the e-cas yet, that will work once they start to process ur application....which they did not yet....hopefully u can access e-cas once u get the sponsor approval, until the end of the month :) keep trying but not 5 times a day
now i'm wondering why some cases receive "application received" email and others don't :eek: was ur package send by courier or normal post to pobox? was it from outside Canada? was it big? was it coloured LOL ? i'm just trying to find a pattern here :p (probably without much success)

woo hoo we start to see some action on our thread too!!!!!! ;D good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
dgoodman said:
I was just wondering, do I need to make an update in Canada to reflect that I was married outside the country. I got married three weeks ago, but have not been in Canada for about a year. I'm going to file my taxes, even though I didn't have any income, soon. Is this where I update my marriage status or is there something else I need to update as well? Thanks!
but if u r sponsoring ur wife they know u r married no? or u were sponsoring her as common-law and now u changed? definately u need to update them if u change ur civil status and they will process u in a different category and they might ask new proofs for that category (wedding photos, honeymoon, etc); now, i don't know if it's possible to update Mississauga first or just the Visa Office when her file arrives there

being married outside Canada, don't u need to apply for the marriage to be recognized in Canada? or that's just done automatically?

i find this an important question and i would ask directly in the forum too; some expert members will have better answers/clarifications; good luck!!

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
Cypher said:
Hi everyone

Btw, my VO is Seoul

Cheers
Wow, Congratulations! I want one of those emails toooooo ... :)

missmini

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2009
Visa Office......
Amman
App. Filed.......
01-2012
Doc's Request.
05-2012 (CSQ approved)
AOR Received.
07-2012
File Transfer...
04-2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-2013 (finalyyyyyy)
LANDED..........
imatra said:
Wow, Congratulations! I want one of those emails toooooo ... :)
hopefully u r next to get it ;):D

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
hopefully u r next to get it ;):D
I don't mind at all, if you know what I mean ;D

imatra

Star Member
Dec 29, 2011
IRAN
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2012
AOR Received.
18-02-2012
File Transfer...
21-02-2012
Passport Req..
13-09-2012
LANDED..........
29-09-2012
missmini said:
yeah me too, i tried all kind of old immigration file numbers combinations and the current receipt number and nothing; but i don't struggle too much....i'm waiting for ur turn first :p but how did u resgister for it? ::) i thought u will be automatically getting online updates unless u say "don't want any online updates" (which u can probably do it once u start getting online updates and access the e-cas ;) ) keep us updated, maybe u'll be getting an "Application Received" email too ;) 8)
I got this from one of the other threads (which I can not find right now) ... what I meant with ecas was actually "ecas tracker" lol: (takes time to learn the difference between this and that, and by the time I learn it all, I won't need it anymore lol):

"What you do have already is the receipt number. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp and click on "Check......Your application status." (should take you to https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas&lang=en). I also suggest signing up for e-cas tracker, which is a site separate from CIC that I believe a member here created (should be the first Google result)."

If and when I get any more info, I will definitely share.

vignes

Jan 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
30 Apr 2012
hey guys

I made big mistake, I forgot send this photo to them... Is there way to send now?

APPENDIX A of COUNTRY SPECIFIC FORM

PHOTOS
Supply nine (9) recent photos for each member of your family and yourself (accompanying and non-accompanying). Photos submitted must be properly labeled at the back with the applicant's name, date of birth and signature. Follow the instructions in Appendix B: Photo Specifications