SDS Type

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Application Submission date: 12- Nov 2020
Jan Intake SDS

Biometrics done: 3 Dec 2020
Medical done 26th Oct
Application Status as of now: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
My medical is not updated in my GCKey account, it is stated that: -You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes., Do anyone Knows Why is it so?
Hi,
My timeline is exactly same as yours and I'm in the same dilemma that how much time it will take. Pls do share if you get any updates. Hope you get a good update soon. Good luck!!!!

FlowerBlossom

Star Member
Sep 29, 2020
I have heard that some of the colleges are now allowing students to start their courses while waiting for study permit and if visa get denied then college will refund 100% tuition fees is that right ? I have asked my college and now I am waiting for the reply.

jaaayy

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hi,
My timeline is exactly same as yours and I'm in the same dilemma that how much time it will take. Pls do share if you get any updates. Hope you get a good update soon. Good luck!!!!
Yup mine is the same as yours... Also does your university/college has provided any deadline to submit the PPR/Study visa in order to start the online classes.

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
I have heard that some of the colleges are now allowing students to start their courses while waiting for study permit and if visa get denied then college will refund 100% tuition fees is that right ? I have asked my college and now I am waiting for the reply.
it is right. depends from college to college.
colleges that know many of their students get approved for visa will allow students to start obviously since they dont want to lose money.

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
Yup mine is the same as yours... Also does your university/college has provided any deadline to submit the PPR/Study visa in order to start the online classes.
Hi,

Yeah earlier the deadline was December 16 to submit student permit and register for online classes but later on they updated the students that acc to new IRCC guidelines you can register for online classes if you have applied for student permit. Just the catch is if our visa gets rejected or delayed we would be refunded whole tution fees after deducting 1st semester fees.

prashar.chhavi

Star Member
Oct 23, 2019
it is right. depends from college to college.
colleges that know many of their students get approved for visa will allow students to start obviously since they dont want to lose money.
Yeah exactly my college has also allowed us to register for online classes if we have applied for student visa. But in respect of this my college mentioned that these are nee IRCC guidelines so shouldn't they be applied to all colleges and not subject to few colleges..?

rijol verma

Jul 10, 2020
Yeah exactly my college has also allowed us to register for online classes if we have applied for student visa. But in respect of this my college mentioned that these are nee IRCC guidelines so shouldn't they be applied to all colleges and not subject to few colleges..?
well good for u then. start.
its not fair. thats what u learn in this process. how are applications from oct and nov getting ppr and not august sept? so nothing we can do

Nandhini02

Dec 18, 2020
Applied - Nov 27th (SDS)
Medicals - Done before applying
Biometrics - Done last year so not needed

Medicals not updated, my eligibility reviewing has not begun, nothing. Received a ghost update a day after applying, but that was it. My classes start on Jan 11th, and mine is a hybrid program meaning most classes are online and some are in-person. So I have to be in Canada. I'm super worried.

Harry273

Dec 1, 2020
Applied - Nov 27th (SDS)
Medicals - Done before applying
Biometrics - Done last year so not needed

Medicals not updated, my eligibility reviewing has not begun, nothing. Received a ghost update a day after applying, but that was it. My classes start on Jan 11th, and mine is a hybrid program meaning most classes are online and some are in-person. So I have to be in Canada. I'm super worried.
same here, appiled 10 days before you!.please update me if you got anything